Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Use of will/will be

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Use of will/will be
Message from san99 posted on 24-06-2012 at 22:57:18 (D | E | F)
Hello,

When I write sentences I feel confused with the use of will and going. I am writing only a few sentences on the thread, please check it first, I will be thankful to you. I have more sentences for you to check
Really appreciate your answers, explanations, and participation.
Thank you in advance for helping me.

I will not be at home tomorrow, so please come next Monday.
I will not be working tomorrow/ I am not working tomorrow (which one should be used?), you can come anytime, we will go to the theater.
What if the sentence needs more than one will?
If it rains tomorrow we will go to a five-star restaurant and we will order a hot& sour soup. ( It’s little awkward to put in two wills in a dependent clause like this, right? Can I use would instead of will?)

For instance,
If it rains tomorrow we will go to a five-star restaurant and we will order a hot& sour soup.
I will not be available to receive any calls at 7:00 p.m.
Don’t call Neha, because I know she will be taking the rest at this time.
I will not call you again; however, if you need to tell me anything you can leave me a note or send a text.

Conditional:

If she comes please let her know the truth and tell her I will never be in touch with her.
If you go to the morning today will you please buy me some fresh apples?
If you are able to compose good music we will pay you a handsome salary.
If Mary is free tomorrow I will invite her to the prom night.

Question: Is it important to use “If” with the present tense? Can I rewrite it in this way?
If Mary will be free tomorrow I will surely invite her to the prom night.

Going to or Will
I am going to tell the whole truth to him. or I will tell the whole truth to him.
If you don't stop calling me on my number I am going to call the Police or I will call the police.
She is going to UK tomorrow.or she will go to UK tomorrow.
Look, it is going to rain let's go outside. OR Look, it will be raining soon and I am sure it will, let's go outside for having some fun.

Don't worry you will be all right, please take this tablet. Or you are going to be all right if you take this tablet.

For decisions:
Give me Tom's number, I am going to fire him of the job. He is always absent and never works seriously.
What have you decided now? I am going to buy a new car, because this one is completely broken and damaged.

Simple:
What are your plans for today's evening?
I am going to watch a new horror movie with my friend. You can come with us if you want to. After watching the movie we are going to the A-mall for shopping, we will shop there by 10:00 p.m, then we are going for camping on the north side of the hills.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 24-06-2012 23:59

Re: Use of will/will be from gerondif, posted on 25-06-2012 at 19:29:46 (D | E)
Hello,

We don't have the same definition for "only a few sentences" !!

I will not be at home tomorrow, so please come next Monday.
I will not be working tomorrow/ I am not working tomorrow (which one should be used? either), you can come anytime, we will go to the theater.
What if the sentence needs more than one will?
If it rains tomorrow we will go to a five-star restaurant and (we will) order a hot& sour soup. ( It’s little awkward to put in two wills in a dependent clause like this, right? Can I use would instead of will?) No, just use the verb base of the second verb, will be apply to both)

For instance,
If it rains tomorrow we will go to a five-star restaurant and (we will) order a hot& sour soup.
I will not be available to receive any calls at 7:00 p.m.
Don’t call Neha, because I know she will be taking the a rest at this time.
I will not call you again; however, if you need to tell me anything you can leave me a note or send a text.

Conditional:

If she comes, please let her know the truth and tell her I will never be in touch with her again.
If you go to the morning(?? supermarket?) today, will you please buy me some fresh apples?
If you are able to compose good music, we will pay you a handsome salary.
If Mary is free tomorrow I will invite her to the prom night.

Question: Is it important to use “If” with the present tense? Can I rewrite it in this way? NO
If Mary will be free tomorrow I will surely invite her to the prom night.

Going to or Will: ging to means you intend,plan to do it, will indicates it will happen automatically, as a consequence.
"will" also means that it is your decision, your will.("Ich will" means "I want" in German, and if you stress the auxiliary verb "will" in a sentence, this idea of will , something you want to do, comes back to the surface).

I am going to tell the whole truth to him. or I will tell the whole truth to him.
If you don't stop calling me on my number I am going to call the Police or I will call the police.
She is going to the UK tomorrow.or she will go to the UK tomorrow.
Look, it is going to rain, let's go outside. OR Look, it will be raining soon and I am sure it will, let's go outside for having (to have)some fun.

Don't worry you will be all right, please take this tablet. Or you are going to be all right if you take this tablet.

For decisions:
Give me Tom's number, I am going to fire him of the job. He is always absent and never works seriously.
What have you decided now? I am going to buy a new car, because this one is completely broken and damaged.

Simple:
What are your plans for today's evening?
I am going to watch a new horror movie with my friend. You can come with us if you want to. After watching the movie we are going to the A-mall for shopping, we will shop there by(until) 10:00 p.m, then we are going for camping on the north side of the hills.
(you first use a near future and then use two continuous presents with a future meaning, I find it awkward, I would have kept the first structure for the three verbs)

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux