Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #10

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #10
Message from jonquille posted on 08-07-2012 at 05:15:25 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Summer is here. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Saturday, 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Your next challenge – to use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem):

Noun – hedgehog
Adjective – funny
Verb – shocked

-------------------
Edited by jonquille on 08-07-2012 05:15

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from dolfine56, posted on 08-07-2012 at 16:45:22 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,
Thanks again...
Here is my try:

This morning,I was shocked to discover, hidden under a big red Azalea,a funny little hedgehog. In order to tame it,I gave it a bowl of milk, that it quickly swallowed.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from matou94, posted on 08-07-2012 at 17:08:39 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,

Thanks a lot for the new TWC.
Here is my text :

I learnt that the hedgehog makes funny sounds, such as : chirpings, sighs, small yappings, purrings, but unfortunately I was shocked to learn that several species such as the Madagascar Hedgehog are still eaten on Indian Ocean, including La Reunion.

Jonquille, thank you for your help

-------------------
Edited by matou94 on 09-07-2012 15:49

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from lemagemasque, posted on 08-07-2012 at 19:13:09 (D | E)
Hello,

I adore that game!
Thanks for your previous message.
I replaced 'It looks funny' by 'It looks fun'.

My try of this week:
'I was taking a walk in the forest near my village when suddenly I saw a hedgehog.
It was dancing and that was very funny (I hope it is right).
But unfortunately a snake appeared and ate it.
I was shocked.'

Good bye!

-------------------
Edited by lemagemasque on 14-07-2012 19:16
Thank you jonquille for your PM!
I edited my message.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from komiks, posted on 09-07-2012 at 11:46:23 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Here's my try :

Last month, I was walking with my parents along a road, when I saw a hedgehog which had been injured by a car, so he couldn't move. He was bleeding. It shocked me ! My parents took him to the vet, who treated him. Since then, he has gotten better: he can walk and run again with his funny walk and his malicious look.

Thanks again for this exercise, which I love !
Have a nice day. See you soon

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from jimmyhavedream, posted on 10-07-2012 at 04:28:56 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,Here is my try:

Last night,I was shocked by my dream.I dreamed my boss was a hedgehog.He was talking to me.I will be fired.I was shocked.I felt so funny when I woke up.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from komiks, posted on 10-07-2012 at 16:08:13 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
A second try :

It has been raining for 4 days. So, I'm killing time and thinking about my adventure yesterday: I was looking outside when I saw a hedgehog. He was funny because he was holding an umbrella (in order not to get wet). I ran outside right away to pick him up. But when I took him in my hands, he pricked me! I was shocked, because I didn't know that a such cute animal could be so nasty !

I hope I don't have too many mistakes.
Thank you very much.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from san99, posted on 12-07-2012 at 01:18:48 (D | E)
Hello Jonnquille,
Here is my try. Please check it.
I was sitting in a central park and having my soft drink, I heard a rattling sound coming from the other side of the tree, I followed it and discovered a European hedgehog singing on the grass with its spine tucked on the ground. He was a white-bellied hedgehog and I was shocked because I’d never seen such a confident mammal anywhere else before. I moved my hands towards him to touch the spine and he didn’t move at all. It was very funny!! I captured a few snaps of him on my camera phone. In spite of having sharp spikes on his skin, he was very soft and innocent. There was a small football lying on his left side as if he were taking a rest after playing a football match with his friends.

-------------------
Edited by san99 on 12-07-2012 02:06

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from jonquille, posted on 12-07-2012 at 02:40:26 (D | E)
Hello san99,
Your text is much better! It is, however, still too long. I expect though that the following ones will be shorter.

jonquille

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from marietherese44, posted on 13-07-2012 at 20:08:38 (D | E)
Hi!

It's almost incredible, but up to now I never saw a hedgehog other than at the zoo. There, I found them very funny to look at but I sincerely think that I was shocked meeting one face to face. I never took the time to think about it.

Thank you for this challenge. This is the first time I attend it.
Bye
Mariethérèse44

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from hortensia, posted on 14-07-2012 at 14:46:28 (D | E)
A few days ago, I found a hedgehog trapped into the skimmer of my pool; as he (or she)looked shocked and didn't seem to find the situation too funny,I picked him (or she) up and delicately dropped this graceful creature back into the garden hedge !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from hortensia, posted on 14-07-2012 at 15:53:55 (D | E)
Hi Jonquille ! Have a beautiful Summer ! Pleased to have the challenge back !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from hortensia, posted on 14-07-2012 at 19:45:59 (D | E)
Thanks dear Jonquille for the good tips !
A few days ago, I found a hedgehog trapped in the skimmer of my pool. As it looked shocked and didn't seem to find the situation too funny,I picked it up and delicately dropped this graceful creature back into the garden hedge !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from lucile83, posted on 14-07-2012 at 21:43:21 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,

Here is my try! ...better late than never... but not too late...Thank you for that game.

Once upon a time, a hedgehog was walking along the beach. It was a beautiful sunny day and that little hedgehog was hot. Then it went into the sea to refresh itself and all of a sudden it got shocked. Just in front of it, a sea urchin was playing in the water! They started playing together, talking and laughing, and they had a marvellous day. Isn't it a funny story?

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from jonquille, posted on 15-07-2012 at 02:12:05 (D | E)
Hello everyone! This version of the game is now closed. Welcome marietherese44. I'm glad you joined us here! Welcome back hortensia. It's good to see you here again!

As usual, I've come up with a little "something" that merges words in each of your submissions. Have fun reading it, and I'll see you in Triple Word Challenge #11!

While wandering through the land of TWC,
I heard...
marvelous purring and...
a funny, little hedgehog!
I saw...
my boss walking and...
I touched...
azaleas in a garden and...
I smelled...
pine trees in the forest, and...
I drank...
a soft drink and
offered milk to the funny, little hedgehog!

What happened next, was incredible.
The funny, little hedgehog
fell asleep in my handbag.
Are you shocked?

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from lucile83, posted on 15-07-2012 at 08:32:56 (D | E)
Thank you dear! nice story from you

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from lakata, posted on 15-07-2012 at 11:50:51 (D | E)
Waouh !!! How gifted and talented you are, dear Jonquille! And so witty!

Thank you for writing such lovely and original story.
I am sorry I did not participate in this TWC, but hope I will in the next one...if I feel inspired enough, of course!
Thank you again and enjoy your holiday!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #10 from dolfine56, posted on 15-07-2012 at 14:38:20 (D | E)
hello dear Jonquille,

Once more time, thanks a lot for that entertaining Triple Word Challenge.
Have a nice time, see you soon.---------

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux