Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Similar to English/help (1)

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only || Bottom

This topic is now closed. You can't post a new reply.

Similar to English/help
Message from may333 posted on 08-01-2013 at 20:25:06
Hello,

Would you please tell me which language is the most similar to English in its grammar and easy to learn like it?
Regards,
May

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 08-01-2013 21:03

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 10-01-2013 09:21
Topic closed because today the messages are becoming useless.

Re: Similar to English/help by notrepere, posted on 08-01-2013 at 21:58:39
Hello

Some say Spanish is the easiest language, at least in the beginning. Of all the Romance languages, I'd say Spanish and French are the easiest ones to learn.

Re: Similar to English/help by redneck68, posted on 09-01-2013 at 10:20:10
Hello

German, Englis is of Germanic origin
There are many similarities

Re: Similar to English/help by violet91, posted on 09-01-2013 at 11:48:22
Hello ,

To answer your question about similarity between English and another language , no doubt , German is the language which is the nearest . The majority of words have the same origins : Saxon and Latin . The pronunciation is much easier : syllables are pronounced as they are written and there is no such difficult flexibility in intonations as there is in English . One or two sounds might be à little difficult to catch such as ' - ch' ( ich = I ) . The grammar is often the same as in English , but you learn it more easily if you have some knowledge of Latin , since you need to master the question of declensions and typical Latin structures ( places of verbs , infinitive clauses - you have in English) .

Italian , mostly ,and Spanish are said to be the easiest European languages to learn and practise , especially for a French speaker who can go around on a holiday for instance , reading and hearing every day tourists' conversations . Yet , Spanish gets more difficult after a year when you learn how to conjugate complex tenses .
If you apply for a job ( international trade or engineering ) , knowing both Spanish and English is a very good thing for these two are spoken in many countries around the world .
French is considered by foreign students as very difficult to catch with all its grammar , subtleties , exceptions, and verbs to practise which are not always logical , although here again , Latin and Greek help a lot in the meaning of words and some grammar rules .

As a conclusion , I would say if you want a language which functions rather like English , German will suit you . When you apply for a job in Germany , Austria or a country nearby , you are much appreciated when able to use : English , French and German .
The rest is a question of taste and abilities . Good luck !

-------------------
Edited by violet91 on 09-01-2013 11:53

Re: Similar to English/help by redneck68, posted on 09-01-2013 at 14:34:43
Hello

More examples
I give up = Ich gebe auf
I hate = Ich hasse
start = starten
all = alle
good = gut
Although during my stay in USA I noticed a lot of Latin words
Regards

Re: Similar to English/help by redneck68, posted on 09-01-2013 at 17:43:52
Hello

I have already travelled in both countries,
both of them are interesting
Regards

Re: Similar to English/help by notrepere, posted on 09-01-2013 at 20:06:25
Hello

While English is considered a "Germanic" language, I don't think it most resembles German in its grammar and structure.

Re: Similar to English/help by girl21, posted on 10-01-2013 at 03:01:25
Hello,
I think it is Spanish.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 10-01-2013 06:28

Re: Similar to English/help by eason, posted on 10-01-2013 at 08:54:24
Chinese