Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

So confusing/conditional

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

So confusing/conditional
Message from shaaraf posted on 22-03-2013 at 19:21:27 (D | E | F)
Hello,
Plz Could you help me please?
Thank you for your answers.

When do we need to use "third conditional" sentences like?
"If I hadn’t spent all my money, I could’ve bought a computer."
Why can't we always describe the same sentence in "second conditional" sentence like...
"If I hadn’t spend all my money, I could buy a computer." ( I know it's correct, but as a "second conditional").
The "third conditional" sentence is so complicated and give headache...
I want to know the easiest formula to understand and use both forms without any confusion!
I want to be more fluent.
xxx

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 22-03-2013 21:39

Re: So confusing/conditional from gerondif, posted on 22-03-2013 at 19:44:34 (D | E)
Hello,
imagine you are walking on the path of time:
When you say:

"If I hadn’t spent all my money, I could’ve bought a computer."
When you say this, you are looking backwards, it is a regret, you could have bought a computer before now and you would have it now.

When you say:
"If I hadn’t spent all my money, I could buy a computer (now) (tomorrow) (next week), you are looking ahead, in front of you, into the present at your feet or the future ahead. You could go to the shop and buy one.....

Re: So confusing/conditional from rosita15, posted on 23-03-2013 at 14:11:22 (D | E)
HELLO;
Conditional Type III refer to situations in the past. An action could have happened in the past if a certain condition had been fulfilled. Things were different then. If I hadn’t spent all my money, I could’ve bought a computer ; in this sentence We just imagine, what would have happened if the situation had been fulfilled:what will happen if he didn't spend his money
and remember that It is impossible that the condition will be fulfilled because it refers to the past.

Re: So confusing/conditional from shaaraf, posted on 23-03-2013 at 16:02:57 (D | E)
Hello,

I want would like to have some more definitions...
Thank you!

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 23-03-2013 16:24

Re: So confusing/conditional from rosita15, posted on 23-03-2013 at 16:18:37 (D | E)
Hello;
ok you need to know that you use conditional type three when you talk about something from the past in which you find that the condition was happening in the past so it's done and in general the result is like a blame or regret of that past

Re: So confusing/conditional from shaaraf, posted on 23-03-2013 at 17:03:59 (D | E)
Thank you all...!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux