Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #16

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #16
Message from jonquille posted on 08-07-2013 at 03:25:30 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Summer is here once again. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or a little longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the time and date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Key words: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Friday, 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Your next challenge – to use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem):
Noun – kitten
Adjective – funny
Verb – scamper

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from lucile83, posted on 08-07-2013 at 07:08:52 (D | E)
Hello jonquille!

Glad to see you again

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from dolfine56, posted on 08-07-2013 at 14:32:35 (D | E)
Hello dear jonquille,
Thanks to take care of us....!
Here is my try.

One fine day,we found a little kitten in our garden;he was very young and didn't stop meowing.As he was very thin and hungry ,I gave him a piece of meat that he ate on the spot! After he finished licking his lips,he started scampering and playing with his tail in a very funny[ way.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from lakata, posted on 08-07-2013 at 18:17:22 (D | E)
So happy to see you again, dear Jonquille! And many thanks for remembering us. Really.

Just a few words to complete what dolfine has just said...

No sooner had he caught a glimpse of the dog next door than dolfine's kitten scampered away nimbly across the lawn.
Witnessing such a headlong flight should have tickled your funny bone, dear Jonquille! (poor sweet kitten...)

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from komiks, posted on 08-07-2013 at 20:15:00 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
I'm so happy to see you again with the TWC !
Thank you very much !
Here's my try :

Last month, my family and I went to the RSPCA in order to get a pet. We hadn't specific idea for a pet. We found a kitten, which was too cute ! We brought him home and then he began to scamper but he was young and it was difficult for him to stand on his 4 paws ... He coudln't stop slipping !! He was very funny ...

-------------------
Edited by komiks on 09-07-2013 09:36
It is corrected Thank you very much jonquille

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from jonquille, posted on 09-07-2013 at 19:19:47 (D | E)
Hi everyone! I've added my silly little poem...and yes, Roo is real! We found him a month ago beside our mailbox on the side of the street. At the time we found him (or he found us?), he was about 6 weeks old.

We now have a kitten named Roo
He's really quite funny, that's true
A scamper here,a slide there,
Jumping like a long-legged hare,
Did someone give him a magic brew?

-------------------
A little side note...I won't take credit for this picture LOL..I got it from the selection on this site...but he looked almost like our Roo!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from aneth-estragon, posted on 09-07-2013 at 19:27:25 (D | E)
Hi Jonquille

Little kitty
you're so funny
when you wonder
where to scamper!

Little kitten
you had much fun
Now to take a nap...
nestle on my lap!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from lemagemasque, posted on 09-07-2013 at 19:43:04 (D | E)
Hello!

Wow! Awesome stories!
He is so kind, your kitten, jonquille!

Anyway, thank you for that new TWC!
I was looking forward to it!

Here is my story (fiction), not terrific...
I was having a nap when I was awakened by a cat, a nice kitten. He was so cute...
Also, he had a pink ribbon on and he was scampering across the garden.
He was really funny!
I decided then to adopt him and I called him Scamperoo. I love him!

See you!

-------------------
Edited by lemagemasque on 10-07-2013 11:13
Thank you jonquille!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from dolfine56, posted on 09-07-2013 at 20:32:17 (D | E)
Hello everybody,
Jonquille,your kitten is so cute..!
and there are so many poets on this site...
thanks to you.:

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from lakata, posted on 10-07-2013 at 09:04:44 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille! Hi to all of you !

What a lucky kitten celebrated by such talented poets and with such a funny name!
But I can't help wondering : "Roo" may sound a little like "Rrrou" (French spelling), mayn't it? So, in case your kitten is scampering about too far from your home and you have to shout for him by calling "Roo! Roo!", don't be surprised to see a pigeon coming instead...

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from jonquille, posted on 11-07-2013 at 19:41:16 (D | E)
Hello lakata!

... I'll have to remember not to bring Roo to France! I don't want to come home with a cage full of pigeons!

To the rest of you... Although I originally said I'd "close" this game on Friday, I think I'll move that date up one day...and close it before going to bed tonight (Thursday). Look for new words tomorrow!

My thanks to all of you for participating!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from lemagemasque, posted on 11-07-2013 at 20:42:35 (D | E)
Hello!

Oh, thank you for moving the date up one day!

See you!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from joe39, posted on 15-07-2013 at 18:25:14 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille,
Here is my trifle.

A Young blackbird is searching for food,
In the orchard, hiding himself among the new grass,
But scampering to and fro in a funny way,
To puzzle the kitten,
which stands behind the rosemary bush,
Waiting for a chance to make an ambush.

Sorry but I was not able to write the key words in blue.
Have fun.
Joe39

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 20-07-2013 19:01
I did it for you.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #16 from fabi44, posted on 20-07-2013 at 18:51:16 (D | E)
Thanks,that's an interesting game.I will play it another day.xxx
fabi44

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 20-07-2013 19:00

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux