Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #17

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #17
Message from jonquille posted on 12-07-2013 at 04:55:52 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Summer is here once again. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or a little longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end:Each game will finish on the time and date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Key words: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Wednesday, July 17 at 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Welcome back to TWC to lakata, aneth-estragon, dolphine56, lucile83, komiks, and lemagemasque! I was very happy to share the story of my kitten. It has certainly spawned some wonderful literary creations! I've taken words from your writing, and come up with 3 new words for this new TWC. So, here is your next challenge – use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem). Good luck to all!

Noun – ribbon
Adjective – talented
Verb – nestled

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from dolfine56, posted on 12-07-2013 at 10:53:35 (D | E)
Hello, dear Jonquille,
Here is another story with your three words...

Once upon a time,there was a beautiful little girl who was very talented with her hands .With an old basket,she succeeded in building a very nice nest,garnished with an old ribbon, where a little bird and his family couldn't wait to make his family comfortably nestled.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from lemagemasque, posted on 12-07-2013 at 16:03:02 (D | E)
Hello again!

Thank you for "ribbon" you've taken from my story!

I was sitting on the grass, looking at my very talented sister, who was doing a headstand.
Suddenly, I saw a bird. He had a ribbon around his neck, a blue one. He was very shy.
I took him and he nestled against me. He was so cute!!!

See you!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from lucile83, posted on 12-07-2013 at 23:06:13 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,

Here is my try

As I was listening to a talented young boy playing the piano, a turtledove came near me. It was wearing a pink ribbon round its neck. It came closer and closer to me and nestled its head against my shoulder. When it flew away, I noticed the pink ribbon had been left on my knees.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from lakata, posted on 13-07-2013 at 18:47:59 (D | E)

Hi dear Jonquille!

Among many cushions, this lady had a special one she had got from her late grandma who had been a talented dressmaker also gifted in creating tapestry-work. That's why the lady was very attached to this cushion. As was her new cat which particularly loved this one and nestled snugly on it all day long. But what on earth did the cat do one day? While the lady was out shopping, the ever so cute cat tore the cushion to ribbons by sharpening its nails on it! Goodness me, what a sad story!
P.S. I must specify that the cat wasn't named "Roo"...

-------------------
Merci Jonquille !
Thank you again, Jonquille!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from cancok, posted on 14-07-2013 at 10:09:47 (D | E)
Hi,
This is my story:
'My first love was bound up with a ribbon. When I was a eight-year-old girl, I fell in love with a talented ten-year-old boy and I gave him the red ribbon which was my hair tie. I always followed him and nestled in close places to ensure that he could not see me."
I hope I will improve my english soon with this site and all your help.
I wish I could chat to you and you could correct the way of using vocabulary, grammar and in appropriative contexts.
Thank you!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from stevenszk, posted on 15-07-2013 at 08:50:29 (D | E)
Hi Jonquille, this is my first try on the forum.
A 10 year's old talented magician Druffy and his dog Drubby have became the most famous partner in their town. The reason is that the little magician can turn Drubby into a ribbon within seconds just in front of the audience. But the most impressive part for me is the dog nestled against the boy when their show is ending.

-------------------
Edited by stevenszk on 15-07-2013 08:54

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from aneth-estragon, posted on 15-07-2013 at 09:09:34 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille and all Nestled in a remote valley, the once fortified and now half deserted village bore little left of its former splendor. The golden ribbon of the river, glittering in the light of a gorgeous, early fall sunset, seemed to pay a last tribute to the many talented, yet long forgotten artists who've lived there all throughout history.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from chrisnik29, posted on 16-07-2013 at 17:31:00 (D | E)
My girlfriend is very talented, she never nestled within bad pupils. That's the reason why she got the blue ribbon of her school.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from joe39, posted on 16-07-2013 at 19:29:22 (D | E)
Dear Jonquille,
Here is my second try.

Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson was the most talented general of the Confederate States of America after the general Robert Edward Lee.
He was erroneously shot by his own soldiers at the battle of Chancellorsville in the night of May 2, 1862. His left arm was slashed to ribbons and he was recovered behind the line.
He died on May 10,1862 , lovingly assisted by his wife.
Before dying he nestled his face between the arms of the wife, pronouncing his last words:
"Let us cross over the river and rest beneath the shade of the trees”.

I beg your pardon in advance if I didn't succeeded in writing the key words in blue.
Best regards.
Joe39

-------------------
Edited by joe39 on 20-07-2013 19:32

Re: Triple Word Challenge #17 from prettyjane73, posted on 17-07-2013 at 12:16:10 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,
It is my first try, I hope you will enjoy my little text

When I was a little girl I had a little white rabbit. He was so pretty with the blue ribbon I used to put around his neck. He was my friend, so sweet when he nestled against me, and so talented to make me laugh when I was sad, jumping all around me as if he knew my feelings.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux