Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #18

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #18
Message from jonquille posted on 18-07-2013 at 05:17:41 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Summer is here once again. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or a little longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the time and date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Key words: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Tuesday (23, July), 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA (NOTE CHANGE OF DAY!) (Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

I've taken words from your writing, and come up with 3 new words for this new TWC. So, here is your next challenge – use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem). Good luck!
Noun – basket
Adjective – sweet
Verb – followed

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from blossom333, posted on 18-07-2013 at 09:16:31 (D | E)
I was sitting in a river side with my friend and next to her was a fruit basket, when I took my first bite I was attracted by the sweetness of the fruit. My friend loved the fruit too and we wanted to pick some more so we followed the path to the tree and picked more.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from thildi1, posted on 18-07-2013 at 16:30:22 (D | E)
On my way home, I saw a team of basket-ball-players. One of them looked so sweet. Now I remembered that is the man who followed my the day before yesterday at the bus-station.

I made my texte very small ! So your husband can see what is more important!!!!!!!!! I wish you a nice holiday Your Margrit Studer

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from lemagemasque, posted on 18-07-2013 at 19:01:37 (D | E)
Hello!

Thank for this new TWC!
I'm a great fan of this game!

Here is my story:
It was on August 27 in 2011. We were eating some sweet-and-sour chicken, which was delicious!
Suddenly, a guest accidentally threw his napkin into the waste-paper basket.
Then, still accidentally, other people followed the guest. That was really weird!

See you!

PS: I can read very nice stories!

-------------------
Edited by lemagemasque on 20-07-2013 13:05
Thank you jonquille!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from joe39, posted on 18-07-2013 at 19:29:47 (D | E)
Good evening Jonquille,

Here is my third work I wrote like an ordeal.
Thanks for your patience.

You left me, sweet wife,
Just a month ago,
Softly passing away in the sunset light,
Leaving me alone to go along the path of existence,
With a basket full of reminiscences,
Of our together,
Elapsed life.

The Black Lady with the scythe,
Was followed by her bosom friends
Dolour, sadness and solitude,
But none of them,
Will have the power,
To harm the memories,
which bind us forever.

Your faithfully
Joe39

-------------------
Edited by joe39 on 20-07-2013 19:03

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from cancok, posted on 19-07-2013 at 17:32:29 (D | E)
Hi, this is my story:
"basket sweet followed
I fell in love with a classmate girl. She has a sweet lip and blue eyes. A day I followed her to go home and suddenly she with a basket of apples stopped. She was forward to me and said "why do you followed me?".

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from komiks, posted on 19-07-2013 at 17:59:37 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Thank you for that new TWC ! I really love it !!
Here's my try.
See you !

One day, I bought without knowing it, a special candy. It was excessively sweet. Immediately after having eaten it, I felt strange.
Later, I played basketball, and I scored more than 30 points ! I had never before put the ball in the basketball hoop as many times. I was very happy. I played again the following day and I didn't score any points.
I understood then, that it was a magic candy. All my friends followed me to the shop where I had bought it.

-------------------
Thanks a lot jonquille

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from lakata, posted on 19-07-2013 at 18:32:16 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille,

This game gives me the opportunity to tell you something unpleasant / a misfortune?/a mishap which happened to me when I was a teenager. I had been asked by my mother to take some fresh eggs from the henhouse and to bring them to a neighbour. I put them carefully in a basket and left. But on my way, I bumped into the boy who had already followed me several times and whom I was secretly in love with. He said "Hello!" in such a sweet manner that I tripped and fell down! What a shame! Please, be kind enough not to ask me about the eggs...

Thank you Jonquille.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from jonquille, posted on 19-07-2013 at 19:43:33 (D | E)
Hello blossom333,
Welcome to this game! I cannot contact you by private message with questions I have about your entry. So...I'll ask you them here. You may send me a message if you have questions!

I was sitting in a river side – Is it “Australian English" to say “in the river side?” Here we would more likely say “by, at, or on” the river side. If we said “in,” others might think we were in the water!

with my friend and next to her was a fruit basket, when I took my first bite I was attracted by the sweetness

I noticed on your profile, that you have listed English as your native language. But...you expressed concerns about your spelling and grammar, so not knowing whether English is your native language, I will assume it is. And, with that in mind, please note one of the “rules” of this activity:
Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.

of the fruit. My friend loved the fruit too and we wanted to pick some more so we followed the path to the tree and picked more.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from dolfine56, posted on 19-07-2013 at 20:52:53 (D | E)
Hello, dear Jonquille,
Here is my try.

As I was walking in the street with my basket in my left hand,I realised that I was followed by a little black cat who seen very sweet but looked so tired and hungry !.He was meowing at me, and I couldn't help but feed him right away!

Enjoy that summer, dear Jonquille, see you soon.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from jonquille, posted on 24-07-2013 at 03:36:52 (D | E)
Great writing everyone! This game is now closed. See you in TWC #19. Thanks for providing some great reading!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #18 from blossom333, posted on 31-07-2013 at 10:51:34 (D | E)
Hello, yes I saw your message. English is not my native language, I didn't know that I'd put it as my native language.
I will change my setting as soon as possible.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux