Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #20

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #20
Message from jonquille posted on 29-07-2013 at 03:41:29 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Summer is here once again. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or a little longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors. Please be sure to correct any errors to your text so that others reading it will be able to learn.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the time and date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Key words: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Sunday (4, August), 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

As usual, I've taken words from your writing, and have come up with 3 new words for this new TWC. So, here is your next challenge – use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem). Good luck!

Noun – face
Adjective – young
Verb – decide

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from lucile83, posted on 29-07-2013 at 09:25:24 (D | E)
Hello jonquille

Thank you for this new TWC
Here is my try:

People always decide to take care of their body and face because they want to stay young. They often forget that a smile is the best way to look nice or even beautiful.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from dolfine56, posted on 29-07-2013 at 09:58:04 (D | E)
Hello, dear Jonquille,
Here we are...
As she was about to celebrate her seventy years,my friend decided to meet a beautician, in order to get back,maybe, the beautiful face she was proud of when she was young.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from angel7, posted on 29-07-2013 at 14:56:57 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,
here is my short story

During the ninth round, the young boxer received a punch in his face which caused him to lay lie down on the ring. For a while he heard his family and friends shouting for to encourage him. "Will I disappoint those who believe in me?" he thought... With all his remaining strengths, he decided to honour the people who believed in him.

thanks.

-------------------
Edited by angel7 on 30-07-2013 14:17
Thank you Jonquille

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from thildi1, posted on 29-07-2013 at 16:29:53 (D | E)
One morning, Ms. Braun looked on the mirror. She was afraid to see her wrinkled face. The next day, she decided to do a cosmetic operation. In facz, she wanted to seem like a young girl, but the operation failed !!
Do it with a smile and you will become beautiful !!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from aneth-estragon, posted on 29-07-2013 at 16:36:52 (D | E)
Hello
Grandma, when at last you decide to face reality, you'll stop hurting yourself bruising your face. Squash is definitely a game for young people.
I edited my post to play by the rules... (I wonder who made them? ) It made my little story more... vivid
-------------------
Edited by aneth-estragon on 30-07-2013 19:40

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from charlotte74, posted on 30-07-2013 at 23:38:51 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,

How are you,
Thank you very much for your game

Here my short text for your night isn't too long

I face the game proposed by Jonquille and I decided with my young brain to write this short sentence.

Ok!!! it's very very short but I did with my time short too

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from ferrarri2, posted on 31-07-2013 at 02:18:18 (D | E)
When I was young, I didn't give any importance to studying, but now I understand that "the ony good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance". So I have decided to face all my difficulties and give the studies my all.

-------------------
Edited by ferrarri2 on 02-08-2013 00:23

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from soleil60, posted on 31-07-2013 at 13:32:56 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille

It's my first try on the forum, I thought that it was only for young or more experimented people. I was in the wrong,(ok but better to just say "I was wrong") so I decided to face (to face is a verb; you needed to use the word "face" as a noun)my shyness. I think that to participate will help me to progress.
Thank you very much.

-------------------
Edited by soleil60 on 02-08-2013 12:53

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from tilt, posted on 31-07-2013 at 13:49:35 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,

I know someone who always decides to hide his face when it's time to say "hello" to somebody... Is he still a very young boy in his head ???

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from charlotte74, posted on 31-07-2013 at 14:01:45 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille

I know a young boy who decided to play at this game but he lost face because he didn't put the game words in blue

Thank you Jonquille

-------------------
Edited by charlotte74 on 01-08-2013 20:04

-------------------
Edited by charlotte74 on 01-08-2013 20:06

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from joe39, posted on 31-07-2013 at 19:12:25 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,

Also this time my try is a short poem, whose story you certainly know.

A young Young jack hare,
To a running race,
A tortoise defies.

When at mid distance,
Not seeing her in sight,
To have a nap decides.

But when awakes,
After a long while,
Realizes the tortoise,
At the winning post
Has already arrived,
Making him lose his face.

Have a pleasant lunch.

Tschuss.

Joe39

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from dolfine56, posted on 31-07-2013 at 20:15:39 (D | E)
Hello, Joe 39,
it seems we have a poet on this site...thanks...

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from charlotte74, posted on 31-07-2013 at 22:15:56 (D | E)
Hello,

Here my correction: Ok, the word "face" is a noun...

"In front of my face is the game proposed by Jonquille, and I decided with my young brain to write this short sentence.

Charlotte

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from lesoleil, posted on 31-07-2013 at 22:59:57 (D | E)
Not knowing what the future is made of,the well trained young man has decided to face his problems by self employement

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from nick, posted on 01-08-2013 at 03:41:06 (D | E)
Nice to meet you Jonquille...

How on earth...Look at your face...you're so young...Yes,I know...you decide....

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from komiks, posted on 04-08-2013 at 12:37:48 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Here I am ! Thanks for this new TWC.
Here's my try :

Some women decide to resort to plastic surgery because they want to stay young. Most of them decide to retouch their face, in order to make the wrinkles disappear.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from jonquille, posted on 05-08-2013 at 01:05:20 (D | E)
Good work everyone! To close this game, I have created a poem myself (just for you dolfine56 and joe39!).
However, it's a bit long (breaking my own rules, tsk! tsk!) as I have used all the key words from your texts from the past games this summer!

I hope you enjoy it.
This game is closed and I hope to see all of you in TWC #21!

On a bus there was a lady
The most talented lady I've ever met
In her hands she had a fancy basket
Covered with daisies and a big violet.

In the basket was a kitten,
The cutest young kitten I've ever seen
Around its face was a ribbon.
All so neat and very clean.

Nestled beside the young lady,
Was a sweet little girl named Sadie,
Who had just fed that little kitten.

The kitten's eyes followed her hands.
Will it decide to scamper? No, it stands
and reaches for the girl's mitten.

As I watched them, I began to wonder.
The kitten had eaten on the bus.
It had more energy, of that I'm sure
Would it sleep now, or would it fuss?

The long bus ride was soon over,
The first pleasant trip I've ever had,
Watching a funny, little kitty
and a young girl dressed in plaid.

Where they went, I do not know
I saw them walking across the snow,
The talented young lady,
The kitten, and Sadie.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from lakata, posted on 05-08-2013 at 17:04:49 (D | E)
Congratulations, dear Jonquille!

Thank you for this poem I have really enjoyed. I'd say you're the most talented lady I've ever read....except of course that lady you met on the bus!

And now, exclusively for Jonquille's lucky readers, I've got a scoop on her:
Apart from being fond of cats, Jonquille is also keen on cycling. I'm very proud to have been able to get a photo of her bike and, look, who is in the basket? Who??? Her cute little Roo, of course!!!
P.S. As you can see, Roo is pink. So , in my opinion, this cat must be a female cat.
P.S. I must specify that the bird at the back of the bike is simply Roo's collation.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from lucile83, posted on 06-08-2013 at 12:28:23 (D | E)
that's a great job jonquille!
Thank you!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux