Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #21

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #21
Message from jonquille posted on 05-08-2013 at 01:50:38 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Summer is here once again. Time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or a little longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors. Please be sure to correct any errors to your text so that others reading it will be able to learn.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the time and date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Key words: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Sunday (11, August), 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

As usual, I've taken words from your writing, and have come up with 3 new words for this new TWC. So, here is your next challenge – use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem). Good luck!

Noun – smile
Adjective – short
Verb – hide

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from nick, posted on 05-08-2013 at 03:35:22 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,

Let's play with your words and my imagination....

Once upon a time, there was a couple. A man and a woman...

Oh no please, it's always the same old story!

They were lying on a beach, somewhere, the moon was shining...

Now a slushy romantic story!

The woman was looking a bit upset and so the man said:" Come on sweetheart, give us a smile!"

Well, she wanted to leave him but didn't know how to tell him!

The woman said angrily: " I don't want to smile. I just need somewhere to hide"

I see... I see her husband swimming towards the shore!

"Why?" asked the man.
"Because I don't want to be caught short" she replied.

That's exactly what I said when you started: always the same old story!!

Sweet dreams,

Nick

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from mamou3, posted on 05-08-2013 at 06:38:11 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,

What a pleasure to discover a new game of vocabulary !
Thanks a lot !

First, when it is 6 P.M. in New Hampshire, USA, it's midday or 12 o'clock for us.

So I tried the exercise like this :

Every day, I'm lucky to see my grandchildren.
Their games, their playfulness, their SMILES make me very happy.
Just during a SHORT moment the bad things fade,
their smiles HIDE the clouds of life and everything is fine!

Have a nice day !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from dolfine56, posted on 05-08-2013 at 10:16:37 (D | E)
Hello, dear Jonquille,

Please,don't hide this beautiful smile, even a short moment,what a pity it'would be..!

Thanks a lot ,and enjoy the holidays !

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from dolfine56, posted on 06-08-2013 at 10:05:12 (D | E)
Re: Triple Word Challenge #20 from jonquille, posted on 05-08-2013 at 01:05:20 (D | E)
Good work everyone! To close this game, I have created a poem myself (just for you dolfine56 and joe39!). However, it's a bit long (breaking my own rules, tsk! tsk!) as I have used all the key words from your texts from the past games this summer!

I hope you enjoy it.
This game is closed and I hope to see all of you in TWC #21!

On a bus there was a lady
The most talented lady I've ever met
In her hands she had a fancy basket
Covered with daisies and a big violet.

In the basket was a kitten,
The cutest young kitten I've ever seen
Around its face was a ribbon.
All so neat and very clean.

Nestled beside the young lady,
Was a sweet little girl named Sadie,
Who had just fed that little kitten.

The kitten's eyes followed her hands.
Will it decide to scamper? No, it stands
and reaches for the girl's mitten.

As I watched them, I began to wonder.
The kitten had eaten on the bus.
It had more energy, of that I'm sure
Would it sleep now, or would it fuss?

The long bus ride was soon over,
The first pleasant trip I've ever had,
Watching a funny, little kitty
and a young girl dressed in plaid.

Where they went, I do not know
I saw them walking across the snow,
The talented young lady,
The kitten, and Sadie.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from dolfine56, posted on 06-08-2013 at 11:25:48 (D | E)
Hello, dear Jonquille,
Thank you for this beautiful poem...we really have great talents on this site...!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from thildi1, posted on 07-08-2013 at 11:19:50 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille,

It was a hot day. So I decided to go in the garden while my child was sleeping in his bed. I left the window open, so I could hear when he awakes. After a short time, I
heard a terrible noise and I ran into the house. Oh no! Plenty of broken pieces on the floor an the boy wasen't in his bed! My god! Lucas, where are you? He was hide
behind the sofa with big tears in his eyes. He stutterd: My football......! I couldn't hold back a smile!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from lakata, posted on 08-08-2013 at 18:31:40 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille!

Though a bit short on imagination, I know I must keep a smile on my face and take your challenge as I can't hide an elephant in a mouse-hole! (In other words, some problems cannot be concealed but have to be faced and dealt with...)

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from joe39, posted on 08-08-2013 at 19:38:15 (D | E)
Hello dear Jonquille.
Here is my revised work.

The smiles of fortune are bestowed to lucky people, who often are not aware of how short their lives may be and behave as if the same should last forever.
But Lady Luck is unpredictable and can hide some sort of whims, which quickly lead those who are overly confident in her from riches to rags.

Have a pleasant evening.
Friendly yours
Joe39

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from newlanguageguy, posted on 09-08-2013 at 13:08:43 (D | E)
Hello,

John hid the fact that he felt insecure about being short by smiling all the time.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 09-08-2013 16:00

Re: Triple Word Challenge #21 from chrisamy, posted on 10-08-2013 at 17:35:46 (D | E)
Hello,
Long long ago,there was a beautiful girl in our country.She is always making a sweet smile on her face,and her hair was short.one day,nobody knows why she want to hide her sweet smile forever.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 10-08-2013 18:20

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux