Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge #22

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Triple Word Challenge #22
Message from jonquille posted on 12-08-2013 at 17:07:58 (D | E | F)
Hello,

While summer is still here, why not use the time to play and practice using your English vocabulary! This “game” will have no winners, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules are simple, but should the need arise, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (10-40 words) or a little longer (60-80 words). PLEASE! Try to keep to these limits, or I'll be up all night reading all of them (and my husband will wonder who is more important) ! Haha!

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors. Please be sure to correct any errors to your text on this forum, so that others reading it will be able to learn.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the time and date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Key words: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Sunday (18, August), 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

As usual, I've taken words from your writing, and have come up with 3 new words for this new TWC. So, here is your next challenge – use these words in a text (sentence, SHORT story, poem). Good luck!

Noun – country
Adjective – romantic
Verb – fade

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from dolfine56, posted on 12-08-2013 at 18:02:34 (D | E)
Hello, dear Jonquille,
Thanks for taking care of us and our English skills...!

As I grew up in Paris,country where I was born,I discovered what a beautiful and romantic town it is ,and, even though I'm now living in Brittany,Paris will never fade away from my mind and my heart!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from lemagemasque, posted on 12-08-2013 at 18:17:18 (D | E)
Hello!

Thank you for this new TWC!
Here is my try:

"Where are you going this summer?"
"In the country."
"Oh... The country... I really like it. You can find many flowers on your road... And those fields... Stretching across the country... Really, I like it."
"Yes, that's really romantic!"
"And when the sun fades away... That's a great show, a really colourful one. You know, I'm jealous!"

See you!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from hortensia, posted on 12-08-2013 at 18:59:56 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille!
When Bradley invited her to his country, Cynthia was far from imagining how romantic her stay would be! Every day, Bradley gave her "roses-that-never-fade". She knew she would keep these roses for ever!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from mamou3, posted on 12-08-2013 at 20:32:35 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille,

Thanks a lot for this new challenge:

This year, I discovered a wonderful country: Scotland!
In the evening, the sun didn't fade away behind mountains without a splendid red colour; it was always a spectacular and romantic moment!

Have a sweet week!

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from newlanguageguy, posted on 12-08-2013 at 20:50:58 (D | E)
Hi.

The illusion that France is a romantic country tends to fade with time.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from nick, posted on 13-08-2013 at 10:33:07 (D | E)
Hello !

Set your mind at rest , I am not down in the dumps...

What is so romantic about going for a walk through the country? Anyway our memories will fade away one day or another...

Carpe diem...

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from lucile83, posted on 13-08-2013 at 10:48:05 (D | E)
Hello jonquille

Here is my try:
Look at these nice pictures. They were taken in my country by a friend, a few years ago. We used to have long and romantic walks together along the beach at night. I am glad the colours didn't fade.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from thildi1, posted on 13-08-2013 at 22:48:03 (D | E)
Dear Jonquille,

What a beautiful country! I have never seen such a romantic place before.The hotel was comfortable but the wallpaper in my room was old and fade. But I think about
the good restaurants and the sunset wich were more exciting! I wouldn't never forget the holidays in Norwege.

I wish, you can dream a bit with me! See you

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from abnerzaith, posted on 14-08-2013 at 04:04:14 (D | E)
I lost the scents of this country.
Blood, violence, hate? or romantic flowers, laughs, and kisses.
I know, now, these country's miasma
the ruins, sorrows and the flowers, the kisses the love faded away.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from elle, posted on 14-08-2013 at 07:10:20 (D | E)
I always want to live in a country which has different kinds of flowers in all seasons.When I become an old woman I can lead a comparatively comfortable life with my husband in the country.In my minds, the most romantic thing is live with the person I love in the beautiful country where we can see the sun raises and fade away everyday.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from komiks, posted on 14-08-2013 at 09:27:23 (D | E)
Hello jonquille,
Thank you for this new TWC.
Here's my try :
See you !

The more I visit France, the more I think it's a very romantic and beautiful country. There are so many different landscapes and so many monuments that I think I'll never get tired or bored of it. Even if I leave this country one day, it will never fade from my mind.

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from angel7, posted on 16-08-2013 at 14:51:25 (D | E)
Hello,
here is my try:

My dear beloved, you make me live in love country as a princess in a castle. and From your lovely mouth, sounds a sweet melody which bewitches me. I am chained with enchanted by your romantic words Oh queen of loves, love of queens, my heart, your servant, bows down to you. when the beats of my heart fade, you revive me with your kiss and my opened eyes can just only see your beauty and nothing else...
Have a nice day.

-------------------
Edited by angel7 on 19-08-2013 14:28

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from joe39, posted on 17-08-2013 at 12:51:57 (D | E)
Please find hereunder the amended version of the poem.
I’m grateful to you to make me able to improve my English and recall to my mind something belonging to the far-off times of my teens..

I remember when, in my teens, in summer,
I stayed sometime at the window at sundown,
Admiring the Gulf romanticsight

The sea was red far to the West,
As if fire were spreading on its surface.

It seemed the sun was burning the water,
Attempting to delay the approaching night.

The air was still, plenty of smells,
Gently released by the warmth of the earth.

Fishing boats in long lines were leaving the moorings
Heading to offing to reach their fishing place.

Along the country , throughout the gardens, screeching swallows,
In wild carousels, were hunting their prey,
In the fading light of a summer sundown.

Have a nice weekend, too.
So long
Joe39

Re: Triple Word Challenge #22 from thildi1, posted on 17-08-2013 at 17:03:09 (D | E)
Dear Jonquille,

What a beautiful country ! I have never seen such a romantic place before. The hotel was comfortable but the wallpaper in my room was old and faded. But I prefer to think about the good restaurants and the sunset wich were more exiting! I will never forget my holidays in Norway.

I wish, you can dream a bit with me! See you

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux