Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Will / be going to

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Will / be going to
Message from rafanadal posted on 10-04-2016 at 11:18:35 (D | E | F)
Hi there.
I have a doubt about the following exercise aimed at teaching the difference between will/be going to and the present continuous to speak about the future.
The learner is asked to fill the empty space in the conversation between two friends, which goes like this:
ALAN: ........(I/make) a cup of coffee
PATRICK.......(you/make) a cup for me too?
My attempt is:
I'm going to make a cup of coffee.
Will you make one for me too?
But I'm not 100% sure it is correct.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 10-04-2016 17:23

Re: Will / be going to from gerondif, posted on 10-04-2016 at 13:28:47 (D | E)
Hello,
I would probably do the same as you.
going to expresses a near future and an intention to do something.
Will you do one for me ? is a weak form of Do you want to make one for me, would you mind making one for me, where will is a little bit closer to a modal auxiliary verb expressing will, a distant cousin of "wollen" in German.
Will you stop that now ? is an order in fact.
Make one for me, will you ? would be more direct, not so muffled as an order.

Re: Will / be going to from rafanadal, posted on 10-04-2016 at 17:02:43 (D | E)
Thank you Gerondif

Re: Will / be going to from landaetarun, posted on 13-04-2016 at 22:51:38 (D | E)
Hello,
Well, I know that you use will to make predictions about future, but not to talk about plans, and you use going to to make predictions about future, and also to talk about plans.
I hope it can help you.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux