|> Plus de cours & d'exercices d'anglais sur les mêmes thèmes : | Adverbes | Conjonctions | Prépositions [Autres thèmes]|
|> Tests similaires : - IN, ON, AT ou TO? Quelle préposition employer? - Adjectifs et prépositions - Adjectives and adverbs - Demander/Indiquer son chemin en anglais - Adverbes de fréquence - Appartement: Thierry en Angleterre 8 - Prépositions de lieu - All et Every|
|> Double-cliquez sur n'importe quel terme pour obtenir une traduction...|
For - during - while
The prepositions for, during and while are often used in time expressions.
FOR - DURING - WHILE
>> For is usually followed by a length of time.
- for one year, for three years, for a little time, for a month and so on.
It answers the question, how long?
- I have been standing here for 20 minutes.
- Emilia is going to New York for a week.
- She has been attending English lessons for a long time.
- My parents lived in Wisconsin for 5 years.
>> During is usually followed by a noun. It means 'throughout a period' or 'in the course/middle of' an action or event.
- During the summer, I go to the beach very often.
- Exercises were given to us during the lesson.
- Aunt Lucie often comes to stay with us during the Spring Festival.
>> While has the same meaning as 'during' but instead of a noun, it is usually followed by a subject and a verb.
- They held hands while they were walking on the beach.
- The students took notes while the teacher was speaking.
>> Or by a verb.
- Sam twisted his ankle while playing tennis.
- I always listen to the morning news while driving to work.
NOTE: While can also be used as a noun which means 'a length/period of time.'
- I spoke to the manager for a while yesterday.
- It's been a while since I read that book.
Easy! Now, see how much you have learned by completing each sentence with for, during or while.
Exercice d'anglais "For - during - while" créé par anuesther avec le générateur de tests - créez votre propre test ! [Plus de cours et d'exercices de anuesther]
Voir les statistiques de réussite de ce test d'anglais
Merci de vous connecter à votre compte pour sauvegarder votre résultat.
Fin de l'exercice d'anglais "For - during - while"
Un exercice d'anglais gratuit pour apprendre l'anglais.
Tous les exercices | Plus de cours et d'exercices d'anglais sur les mêmes thèmes : | Adverbes | Conjonctions | Prépositions