|> Plus de cours & d'exercices d'anglais sur le même thème : Fêtes [Autres thèmes]|
|> Tests similaires : - Fête de Noël-Lexique - Saint-Valentin - Halloween - Thanksgiving - Vocabulaire : Sapin de Noël + grammaire - Joyeux Noël ! - Connaissez-vous bien Halloween? - Nouvel an aux Etats-Unis|
|> Double-cliquez sur n'importe quel terme pour obtenir une traduction...|
THE LEGEND OF ST-PATRICK:
1) Maewyn was a young Christian who lived in Scotland. When he was sixteen, he was captured by Irish pirates. The pirates sold him as a slave.
2) The Irish were not Christians. After six years working for an Irish master, Maewyn was able to run away and leave Ireland. He vowed he would come back to Ireland some day and teach the Christian religion to the Irish people.
3) Maewyn became a priest in the Christian church. Later he became a bishop. In the year 431, the Pope gave him the name Patricius (Patrick). The Pope sent him to Ireland. 'Take Christianity to Ireland', said the Pope.
4) Patrick went into each town in Ireland. A man walked in front of him, beating on drums. The drums announced that Patrick was coming into the town.
5) Patrick was very brave. He faced many dangers. The Irish threw stones at him. They put him into prison. But he got out.And he never gave up.
6) He taught people about Jesus Christ. The people became Christians. He baptized them. He started schools and churches.
7) An important idea of Christianity is that there are parts of God in one : the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit.The Irish people could not understand how three could be the same as one. So Patrick used the shamrock to help them understand. With the three leaves of the shamrock, he showed how the three parts made up the whole.
8) Patrick worked in Ireland for 40 years. He died on March 17th, 493. Many years later, the church made him a Saint.
Exercice d'anglais "St-Patrick" créé par anonyme avec le générateur de tests - créez votre propre test !
Voir les statistiques de réussite de ce test d'anglais
Merci de vous connecter au club pour sauvegarder votre résultat.
Fin de l'exercice d'anglais "St-Patrick"
Un exercice d'anglais gratuit pour apprendre l'anglais. (tags: fete )
Tous les exercices | Plus de cours et d'exercices d'anglais sur le même thème : Fêtes
Fiches de grammaire anglaise | Documents audios/vidéos en anglais | CREER UN TEST