Apprendre l'anglais > Cours & exercices d'anglais > Exercices d'anglais > test d'anglais n°4910 : Pronoms : Myself/yourself/themselves - cours
Pronoms : Myself/yourself/themselves - cours
A-/ George cut himself when he was shaving this morning.
We use myself/ yourself/ himself etc. (reflexive pronouns) when the subject and object are the same:
Subject —> | George | cut | himself |. <— object
The reflexive pronouns are:
| Singular:|| myself || yourself (one person) || himself/ herself/ itself|
| Plural: || ourselves || yourselves (more than one person) || themselves|
• I don't want you to pay for me. I'll pay for myself, (not I‘ll pay for me')
• Julia had a great holiday. She enjoyed herself very much.
• Do you sometimes talk to yourself? (said to one person)
• If you want more to eat, help yourselves, (said to more than one person)
• It's not our fault. You can't blame us.
• It's our own fault. We blame ourselves.
Note that we do not use myself/ yourself etc. after 'bring/ take something with….
• It might rain. I'll take an umbrella with me. (not 'with myself)
B-/ We do not use myself etc. after concentrate/ feel/ relax/ meet:
• You must try and concentrate, (not 'concentrate yourself)
• ‘Do you feel nervous?' 'Yes, I can't relax.
• What time shall we meet? (not 'meet ourselves', not 'meet us')
We normally use wash/shave/dress without myself etc.:
• He got up, washed, shaved and dressed, (not 'washed himself etc.)
But we say ‘I dried myself.
Put in myself/ yourself/ ourselves etc. or me/ you/ us
Fin de l'exercice d'anglais "Pronoms : Myself/yourself/themselves - cours"
Un exercice d'anglais gratuit pour apprendre l'anglais. (tags: pronom )Tous les exercices
| Plus de cours et d'exercices d'anglais sur le même thème : PronomsFiches de grammaire anglaise
| Documents audios/vidéos en anglais
| CREER UN TEST