|> Plus de cours & d'exercices d'anglais sur le même thème : Adverbes [Autres thèmes]|
|> Tests similaires : - Adjectives and adverbs - Adverbes de fréquence - All et Every - Place des adverbes - Adverbes - Adverbes : Till-Until- As far as-Up to - Adverbes et place dans la phrase - Adverbes de fréquence|
|> Double-cliquez sur n'importe quel terme pour obtenir une traduction...|
Adverbes et leurs fonctions - cours
Adverbs play a vital role in every language.
Adverbs are words which describe or modify other verbs (The thief ran quickly). Adverbs also modify adjectives (The really dumb thief looked right into the security camera). Adverbs may also modify other adverbs (The police very easily arrested the dumb thief). Adverbs will often indicate frequency: often, never, always, usually. Adverbs can generally be identified by their:
1) Function (how, when, where)
– an adverb modifies other verbs(verbs are in bold/adverbs are in italics)
· The thief acts stupidly. (answers the question:how?)
· The thief never shoots, because he has no gun.(answers the question: when?)
· The thief robs locally. (answers the question:where?)
-an adverb modifies other adjectives (adjectives are in bold/adverbs are in italics)
· The thief is extremely stupid.
· This very dumb thief is now in jail.
-an adverb modifies other adverbs (adverbs in italics)
· The thief walks incredibly clumsily.
· The thief acts really stupidly.
Adverbs also have other functions. You may see them modify a prepositional phrase :
· The thief was arrested just outside the apartment.
You may find an adverb modifying an entire sentence:
· Certainly,the thief chose the wrong profession.
-Many adverbs are recognized by form. Many are formed from adjectives by adding 'ly:
· slowly,carefully, likely, eagerly
-But don't be fooled. Not all words ending in 'ly' are adverbs:
· friendly, ugly, homely
-Some adverbs are not easily recognized by form:
· some, very,well, often, never
-You will find adverbs occupying multiple positions within a sentence:
· Now,get in the police car. (front)
· The thief was immediately arrested. (before the verb)
· The thief sat nervously after being arrested. (after the verb)
· After the botched robbery, the thief decided to give up crime completely. (end)
Please identify the adverb(s) in each of the following sentences.
Exercice d'anglais "Adverbes et leurs fonctions - cours" créé par anonyme avec le générateur de tests - créez votre propre test !
Voir les statistiques de réussite de ce test d'anglais
Merci de vous connecter au club pour sauvegarder votre résultat.
Fin de l'exercice d'anglais "Adverbes et leurs fonctions - cours"
Un exercice d'anglais gratuit pour apprendre l'anglais. (tags: adverbe )
Tous les exercices | Plus de cours et d'exercices d'anglais sur le même thème : Adverbes
Fiches de grammaire anglaise | Documents audios/vidéos en anglais | CREER UN TEST