|Créer un test / 1 leçon par semaine|
Connectez-vous ! |
Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
4 millions de comptes créés
100% gratuit !
Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Plan du site
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Lien sur votre site
> Publicités :
> Partenaires :
-Nos autres sites
Apprendre l'anglais > Cours & exercices d'anglais > Exercices d'anglais > test d'anglais n°95539 : Past Perfect Simple ou V-ing
Past Perfect Simple ou V-ing
Past Perfect simple
- for actions that happened before a past event :
The performance had already started by the time we arrived.
- to refer to activities that were completed before a point of time :
By 2010, Tom had lived in that village for six years.
- to express an action taking place before a certain time in the past :
( to put emphasis only on the fact, not the duration )
By the time I arrive at your house, I had already visited your grandparents.
- when explaining or giving a reason for something in the past :
I had eaten three sandwiches so I wasn't hungry.
- conditional sentences, TYPE III :
If I had known you were in need, I would have helped you.
- when expressing dissatisfaction with the Past :
( ' I wish ' , ' If only ' )
I wish I had eaten more soup. I am hungry now.
If only I had taken more soup. I am hungry now.
- when formulating the passive voice we use - had + been + past participle :
The cake had been made.
Past Perfect V-ing
- this is like the Past Perfect but it expresses a longer activity in the past before another activity in the past :
I was absolutely exhausted. I had been mending the roof.
- to show something that had been happening before something else :
I had been playing football for 2 hours when my friend arrived.
- to express something that had been happening over a period of time in the past until another point :
He fainted because he had been riding a bike for five hours.
- to express something that had been happening in preparation for something else :
I had been studying for five days and I was ready for the exam.
- we use this tense in conditional Type III to show imagined conditions :
If I hadn't missed the bus, I wouldn't have been late for the exam.
- to refer to an activity that was in process :
By the time they got to the pub, we had already been waiting for 2 hours.
Intermédiaire Tweeter Partager
Exercice d'anglais "Past Perfect Simple ou V-ing" créé par greg100 avec le générateur de tests - créez votre propre test ! [Plus de cours et d'exercices de greg100]
Voir les statistiques de réussite de ce test d'anglais
Merci de vous connecter au club pour sauvegarder votre résultat.
Fin de l'exercice d'anglais "Past Perfect Simple ou V-ing"
Un exercice d'anglais gratuit pour apprendre l'anglais. (tags: plus-que-parfait )
Tous les exercices | Plus de cours et d'exercices d'anglais sur le même thème : Plus-que-parfait
Fiches de grammaire anglaise | Documents audios/vidéos en anglais | CREER UN TEST