Cliquez ici pour revenir à l'accueil... Créer un test / 1 leçon par semaine
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
4 millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]


Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !



- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Imprimer
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site




> Publicités :




> Partenaires :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites
   


<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de ISMAMERA posté le 2004-06-09 09:39:23 (S | E | F | I)
Bonjour , j'aimerai connaitre l'importance de la traduction d'une langue à une autre . Dans mon pays , j'ai étudié l'anglais comme le font native speakers (aucune autre langue n'est acceptée pendant le cours d'anglais , je sais que ce n'est pas le cas en France ) donc est ce qu'on a éte léssé ? Merci.
Hello . I want to know what is the importance of translation while learning a foreign language . In my country , I learnt English as I native speaker ,it means no other language is spoken during the course . Is it a bad method ? What do you think . Thank you ?


Réponse: re de gizm0, postée le 2004-06-09 09:50:00 (S | E)
translation is a fully brained exercice not that easy at all. Also, people have a job as translators. So it is very important and a good way to do a bit of brain gymnastics.


Réponse: to gizmo de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-09 10:03:40 (S | E)
hello, gizmo .So ,it means that our teaching method is not good . With the comments of the others I'm going to write an article perhaps some teachers will agree and do something . Many thanks for your answer .Bye .


Réponse: re de babyscot59, postée le 2004-06-09 10:13:58 (S | E)
You need to translate all the time, because you need to understand the link between the languages, to see the points they have in common and their differences.
Furthermore,translating is the best way to make sure that you master a foreign language perfectly, because comprehension questions are not enough. You can understand the plot and the main ideas of a text but translation is a way to go further and to test the skill of the student to move from one language to another with a certain ability.
I have experienced that when I have lived in Scotland, sometimes in a conversation, I resorted to my dictionnary to make sure that I was not wrong and was really in tune with topic of the conversation .

Here are some reasons of the necessity to Translate!!

Take care,
Babyscot


Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-09 10:22:59 (S | E)
I think that's a good way.
If you don't know a word, for example, you must find another words to explain it, so you must practice.


Réponse: to babyscot59 and rosminet de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-09 10:33:22 (S | E)
many thanks for your answers . I'm afraid that we've lost something during our studies ( while learning a foreign language ).Bye


Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-09 12:09:20 (S | E)
translation is unescapable. Even if you undertand one word in english, maybe in french, you'll have to choose between 2 or 3 "similar" words, because sometimes, one word in one language express more or less than its more or less accurrate "equivalent" in another language .... Am I clear ???


Réponse: TO CHRISG de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-09 13:34:20 (S | E)
Hello, chrisg . yes , enough!!!??? Thank you .


Réponse: re de sandrinet1, postée le 2004-06-10 21:51:04 (S | E)
translation is not advised in official syllabes! Yet we all translate more or less consciously because you cannot brush aside ur mother tongue when you're speaking in English , yet we would be far more efficient if we did it because there wouldn't be any negative interferences , which makes us search for our words while talking .


Réponse: to sandrinet1 de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-10 22:07:44 (S | E)
Thank you for giving me your point of wiew .Do you often need translation ? Are you good at it ? Did you use translation during your studies?Bye


Réponse: re de sandrinet1, postée le 2004-06-10 22:16:27 (S | E)
the first time i studied English i couldn't understand a single word of what the teacher told me because she kept speaking english and i really hated this subject! it was all double dutch to me! But the year after i had a teacher who was clever enough not to speak English all the time and i'll never thank her enough for doing so because it all became clearer to me and i've never stopped loving English ever since!!!!!!


Réponse: to sandrinet1 de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-11 19:02:13 (S | E)
hello , so you confirm to me that our method is not a good one (using only english during the course )I'm sure now that's the reason why many persons I know hate english . I'm wondering why our country still use this method .Thanks .


Réponse: re de mariet, postée le 2004-06-11 19:58:08 (S | E)
I don't use translation as a means of teaching but as a means of checking comprehension or ability to use what has been taught/learnt. I think it is a very difficult exercise. You need to know the two languages fairly well before you can make a good translation simply because the mechanism of the language is different. We all agree that a word-to-word translation can never give a good result. A really good translation doesn't show : it must look as if written by a native (or at least as close to it as possible). I admire professional translators who can do that and one of the examples I like best is the translations of Asterix albums. It's a masterpiece, you couldn't tell whether they were first written in English or in French (I don't know if they are as good in other languages).




CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET










Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 


> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : -ing | AS / LIKE | Abréviations | Accord/Désaccord | Activités | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Be | Betty | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contractions | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Ecole | En attente | Exclamations | Faire faire | Famille | Faux amis | Films | For ou since? | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Get | Goûts | Grammaire | Guide | Géographie | Habitudes | Harry Potter | Have | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Make/do? | Maladies | Mars | Matilda | Modaux | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Neige | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négation | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Plus-que-parfait | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Present perfect | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes et structures idiomatiques | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Question Tags | Relatives | Royaume-Uni | Say, tell ou speak? | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Suggérer quelque chose | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | There is/There are | Thierry | This/That? | Tous les tests | Tout | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | USA | Verbes irréguliers | Vidéo | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements


> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de néerlandais | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.