Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de virginia posté le 2004-07-09 09:06:01 (S | E | F | I)
What are you afraid of? For instance I am frightened to death of dogs. If I'm alone and if a big dog crosses my way, I'm completely paralyzed for fear that it would bite me.
What about you?

Réponse: re de nanis, postée le 2004-07-09 12:24:06 (S | E)
I'm afraid of spiders! these animals are very very very loathsome!!brrr...
when I see a spider, I'm traumatize!

I have an other fear too:the elevators!
when I go to a friend who lives in a flat, I take intantaneously the stairs!!

Réponse: re de liona, postée le 2004-07-09 16:56:26 (S | E)
My biggest fear is to speak in front of much people. It's very inconvenient.

Réponse: re de galadriel, postée le 2004-07-10 11:49:11 (S | E)
i fear snakes , and sharks

Réponse: re de zakros, postée le 2004-07-11 23:42:42 (S | E)
I have fear of the dark and I think I would die if any ghosts haunted my home!
LOL no I have no fear (hum hum)

Zakros

Réponse: re to Zakros de virginia, postée le 2004-07-12 00:12:30 (S | E)
Ha ha ha... that's so funny!
But everyone has a fear! Even the most powerful men have fears! Fears of growing old, fear of dying...

So, for this question, you're lying to yourself!
See you!

-------------------
Edité par virginia le 2004-07-12 00:13:27

Réponse: re:Your fears. de avie, postée le 2004-07-28 11:12:33 (S | E)
Hello ! Me too liona and I hate the insects but I'm not afraid.

Réponse: re:Your fears. de boubou57, postée le 2004-07-28 12:16:14 (S | E)
eight- legged freaks scare me away!!!!!!

Réponse: re:Your fears. de monik, postée le 2004-07-28 13:18:36 (S | E)
I am scared of storms, thunder and lightnings. If it happens at night, I pull my blankets over my head, and if I still can hear and see the storm I count between the noise of the thunder and the light of the lightning to have an idea of how the storm moves : away or toward my house !
It's silly but I can't help it!

-------------------
Edité par monik le 2004-07-30 22:08:01

Réponse: re:Your fears. de yannloic, postée le 2004-07-28 14:10:48 (S | E)
Your fears are rather normal ones. Animals other than mammals (spider, snake and so on), claustrophobia, darkness, solitude, storm.

I'm not one of that kind. I'm afraid of diving head first but vacuum attacts me. Am I mad, doc?

Réponse: to yannloic de virginia, postée le 2004-07-28 15:36:31 (S | E)
To be afraid of heights seems to be quite a normal fear! And is there normal and abnormal fears? They always seem ridiculous to these who don't feel them!
I've a friend who is afraid of heights. If he is on the top of a ladder or of a monument he feels attracted by the vacuum but in the meantime he's so scared of falling that he's completely paralyzed!
So you're not mad! That's a fear and nothing else! .

Réponse: re:Your fears. de fabienne, postée le 2004-07-28 16:24:19 (S | E)
Hello,
I'm afraid of taking planes !!!
Bye
Fab

Réponse: re:Your fears. de chris29, postée le 2004-07-28 20:13:35 (S | E)
I'm afraid when I have to take a plane and I must fly several times a year for business or holiday. I know it's the safest kind of transport but it's difficult to see reason. I always think about plane crashdown with so many casualties even if it happen rarely.
The worse moment is the landing especially when it's windy.

Réponse: re:Your fears. de yannloic, postée le 2004-07-29 01:19:54 (S | E)
Thank you virginia. I think the next time I will go on the roogh to place slates at their right place I can avoid thinking of you. Attraction by the vaccum is compensated for the scare of falling. In fact somewhere deep inside my brain something keeps me jumping.

Réponse: re:Your fears. de sandy91, postée le 2004-07-29 23:46:58 (S | E)
Hi I am afraid of vacuum to and can not stay alone in a house. It is ridiculous but I can not do anything. I'am also afraid of darkness and graveyard. I feel that ghosts will come and catch me even atthe daylight. Am I mad ????
My relatives use to laugh at me and are happy to make me afraid of many things. I know it seems foolish but I've tried to face my fears without success. I someone can help me ???

Réponse: re: de virginia, postée le 2004-07-31 10:45:25 (S | E)
For those who are afraid of taking a flight... Just tell you that statistically, you have more chances to die in your car than taking a plane every day for more than 100 years!

I work in an airline company and I can promise you that our technicians notice the smallest problem on the plane! I've a friend who waited for two hours in NYC because they detected a very tiny crack on the windscreen and they were reparing it.
I know that when I'm a passenger I don't like the turbulences for instance, but in fact it's already planned by the crew! When I work the captain told us during the briefing that's there will be turbulences one hours after takeoff or five hours later...
No, really, you don't have to be afraid! And they are so many planes flying around the world every seconds! The difference between plane accidents and car crashs is that you aren't informed of all the car crashes taking place all over the world, contrary to each plane crash!
By talking with pilots, I've learned that most of planes can fly with only one side of the engines working, or that even the biggest plane can glide!
Really you've to tell you that there is no danger in taking a plane and if there is a danger, it's (statistically) three minutes after takeoff and during the last eight minutes of landing!

Réponse: re:Your fears. de serena, postée le 2004-08-08 01:36:20 (S | E)
I fear many things like the dark, dogs, insect and so on. But the only thing which makes me go to pieces is the road accidents. I am always on my nerves when somebody I know is driving, until that person calls me and tells me that he reaches his destination.
I know that will seem to be a very strange fear, but I can do nothing against it.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux