Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take....
Message de ruofei posté le 18-03-2005 à 02:02:31 (S | E | F | I)

Hello!

(correction on Monday)
This is very surprising to see how prepositions can change the meaning of only one verb!
Same instruction: fill in the gap with the appropriate phrasal verbs, in the correct form.
take after, take over, take up, take off, take care of, take apart, take on (x2), take in, take out

1) Jack …………?.the manager's job from Mr. Smith when he retired.
2) The conference …………?. the whole morning.
3) Danny ……………………?his father: he has the same red hair, blue eyes and big feet.
4) We don’t have enough time to book our flights to London; will you please ……………this for us?
5) She …………?the photocopier ………to see what had got stuck in it
6) What is wrong with him? He ……………… without saying goodbye.
7) My grandmother has ………………. a new start of life since her operation.
8) Nobody was ………………. by her unbelievable excuse.
9) She …………?. the task of making a music video for my Senior project.
10) He …………?her ……?to a fancy restaurant last Saturday night.

Translate: A chaque fois que les choses ne vont plus, il s’en prend toujours a moi.
Fill in: The teacher didn’t want the other students to know that Kate had failed the exam, so he …………..her …………. to tell her.

-------------------
Edit?par ruofei le 18-03-2005 09:56

Réponse: Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take.... de jardin62, postée le 18-03-2005 à 09:37:00 (S | E)

1- Jack took over the manager's job from Mr Smith when he retired.
2- The conference has taken (x) the whole morning .
3- Danny takes after his father :...
4- ...Will you take care of this for us?
5- She has taken on the photocopier to see what had got stuck in it.
6- What's wrong with him? He has taken off without saying goodbye.
7- My grandmother has taken up a new start of life since her operation.
8- Nobody was taken in by her unbelievable excuse.
9- She has taken on the task of making a music video for my Senior project.
10- He took her out to a fancy restaurant last Saturday night.

- Whenever things go wrong he takes on me. (it's the 3rd!--> )
- The teacher didn't want the other sudents to know kate had failed the exam, so he took her apart to tell her.
Thank you ! It wasn't that simple!

Réponse: Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take.... de hyppoblue, postée le 18-03-2005 à 14:47:46 (S | E)
Hello,

1) Jack took over the manager's job from Mr. Smith when he retired.
2) The conference has taken up (??) the whole morning.
3) Danny takes after his father: he has the same red hair, blue eyes and big feet.
4) We don’t have enough time to book our flights to London; will you please take care of this for us?
5) She has taken the photocopier apart to see what had got stuck in it
6) What is wrong with him? He takes off without saying goodbye.
7) My grandmother has taken on a new start of life since her operation.
8) Nobody was taken in by her unbelievable excuse.
9) She takes on the task of making a music video for my Senior project.
10) He took her out to a fancy restaurant last Saturday night.

Translate: A chaque fois que les choses ne vont plus, il s’en prend toujours a moi.
Whenever things go wrong, he always takes it out on me !!!

Fill in: The teacher didn’t want the other students to know that Kate had failed the exam, so he took her apart to tell her.

It was hard for me

Réponse: Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take.... de gewurz, postée le 18-03-2005 à 22:29:49 (S | E)
1) took on
2) took over
3) takes after
4) take care of
5) took apart
6) took off
7) taken up
8) taken in
9) has taken on
10) took out

Every time things go wrong, he takes it out on me.

Fill in: took ASIDE

Merci Ruofei.

Réponse: Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take.... de serena, postée le 19-03-2005 à 00:29:49 (S | E)
Hi ruofei !

Let's try this one too.

1) Jack TOOK OVER the manager's job from Mr. Smith when he retired.
2) The conference TOOK UP the whole morning.
3) Danny TAKES AFTER his father: he has the same red hair, blue eyes and big feet.
4) We don’t have enough time to book our flights to London; will you please TAKE CARE OF this for us?
5) She TOOK the photocopier APART to see what had got stuck in it
6) What is wrong with him? He TOOK OFF without saying goodbye.
7) My grandmother has TAKEN ON a new start of life since her operation.
8) Nobody was TAKEN IN by her unbelievable excuse.
9) She TOOK ON the task of making a music video for my Senior project.
10) He TOOK her OUT to a fancy restaurant last Saturday night.

- A chaque fois que les choses ne vont plus, il s’en prend toujours a moi.
Anytime things go wrong, he always takes it out on me.

- The teacher didn’t want the other students to know that Kate had failed the exam, so he TOOK her ASIDE to tell her.

Décidement, ce n'est pas si évident.

Merci !

Réponse: Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take.... de samia51, postée le 19-03-2005 à 14:19:46 (S | E)
Bonjour Ruofei
Merci pour cet exercice

Same instruction: fill in the gap with the appropriate phrasal verbs, in the correct form.
take after, take over, take up, take off, take care of, take apart, take on (x2), take in, take out

1) Jack TOOK OVER the manager's job from Mr. Smith when he retired.
2) The conference HAS TAKEN UP the whole morning.
3) Danny TAKES AFTER his father: he has the same red hair, blue eyes and big feet.
4) We don’t have enough time to book our flights to London; will you please TAKE CARE OF this for us?
5) She TOOK the photocopier APART to see what had got stuck in it
6) What is wrong with him? He TAKES OFF without saying goodbye.
7) My grandmother has TAKEN ON a new start of life since her operation.
8) Nobody was TAKEN IN by her unbelievable excuse.
9) She TAKES ON the task of making a music video for my Senior project.
10) He TOOK her OUT to a fancy restaurant last Saturday night.

Translate: A chaque fois que les choses ne vont plus, il s’en prend toujours a moi. (Whenever things are slack, he always blames up on me/ or Whenever things are wrong, he always takes it out on me)

Don't take it out on me : ne vous en prenez pas à moi.

Fill in: The teacher didn’t want the other students to know that Kate had failed the exam, so he TOOK her ASIDE to tell her.

merci pour cet exercice

Réponse: Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take.... de robinou, postée le 20-03-2005 à 18:53:42 (S | E)
Bonjour

1) Jack Took over the manager's job from Mr. Smith when he retired.
2) The conference has taken place the whole morning.
3) Danny take after his father: he has the same red hair, blue eyes and big feet.
4) We don’t have enough time to book our flights to London; will you please take in his for us?
5) She took the photocopier apart to see what had got stuck in it
6) What is wrong with him? He has taken out without saying goodbye.
7) My grandmother has taken care of a new start of life since her operation.
8) Nobody was taken in by her unbelievable excuse.
9) She took out the task of making a music video for my Senior project.
10) He took her up to a fancy restaurant last Saturday night.

Fill in: The teacher didn’t want the other students to know that Kate had failed the exam, so he took her in to tell her.

Denis

Réponse: Phrasal verbs 2 etoiles: take.... de ruofei, postée le 21-03-2005 à 06:58:58 (S | E)
Me revoici, avec la correction de cet exercice!:

1) Jack took over the manager's job from Mr. Smith when he retired. (assume control of a company)
2) The conference took up the whole morning. (fill time/occupy place)
3) Danny takes after his father: he has the same red hair, blue eyes and big feet. (look like an older relative)
4) Will you please take care of booking our flights to London? (make arrangements. On est toujours tenté de ne le traduire que comme ‘look after’!)
5) She took the photocopier apart to see what had got stuck in it (take something [in]to pieces. Phrasal verb séparable)
6) What is wrong with him? He took off without saying goodbye. (depart, often suddenly)
7) My grandmother has taken on a new start of life since her operation. (acquire a new characteristic)
8) Nobody was taken in by her unbelievable excuse. (to take in: deceive)
9) She took/has taken on the task of making a music video for my Senior project. (assume a responsibility)
10) He took her out to a fancy restaurant last Saturday night. (invite somebody, especially for dates. Phrasal verb séparable)

Translate: A chaque fois que les choses ne vont plus, il s’en prend toujours a moi (Whenever things go wrong, he takes it out on me. (to take it out on somebody: abuse them because you’re angry / s'en prendre à quelqu'un)
Fill in: The teacher didn’t want the others students to know that Kate had failed the exam, so he took her aside to tell her. (get someone alone to talk to them)

Les phrasal verbs en 'take' sont assez complexes et ont souvent plusieurs sens. Je vous donne brièvement une petite liste...Ca peut toujours servir :

Take back
= make someone nostalgic
= retract a statement, admit that something was wrong

Take down
= make notes or write down in full
= remove

Take in
= absorb information
= deceive

Take off
= make great progress
= when a plane departs or leaves the ground
=(séparable) reduce the price of an item

Take on
= allow passengers on a ship or aeroplane
= assume a responsibility
= employ

Take out
= borrow a library book
= borrow money from a bank or other official lender
= extract or remove
= (séparable) go out socially with someone, especially a date
= obtain insurance

Take up
= fill or occupy time or space
= (séparable) make clothes shorter
= start a new hobby, pastime, etc.

Contactez-moi si ces définitions ne vous paraissent pas bien claires.
Voilà!

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux