Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Exercices 66
Message de felin posté le 06-04-2006 à 13:27:21 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour tout le monde

Correction Mardi soir 11/04/06

Adjectives which are similar

Fill in each space in the following sentences with an appropriate form of a word in the list. Some words do not need to change.
Enjoy, shy, embarrass, tire, worry, bad temper, ordinary, shame(x 2),amuse, like, afraid.

1 You may laugh, but I don't find anything................. about finding a snake in your tent in the middle of the night.
2 Gardening may be hard work but it can also be................. . I think it's a wonderful way to spend one's time.
3 I needed a lift home but I was too................. to ask the other guests because they were almost strangers.
4 I was................. of having lied to my mother. I shouldn't have done it.
5 When I speak English I sometimes feel a bit .................. especially when I make mistakes.
6 The violent way he treated his children in public was..................
7 I am not................. about money,' he said. 'I've got plenty.'
8 She gets very................. when the house is a mess, and starts shouting at the kids.
9 He says that he is................. of losing his job if the company decides to get rid of staff.
10 If Philip weren't so arrogant he'd be quite .................; as it is, few people like him.
11 We've all had a very................. day-let's go to bed.
12 Although he's a famous millionaire, he behaves like an................. man.

Good luck.

Réponse: Exercices 66 de bobine, postée le 06-04-2006 à 13:51:24 (S | E)
Hello Felin,

1 You may laugh, but I don't find anything amusing about finding a snake in your tent in the middle of the night.
2 Gardening may be hard work but it can also be enjoyable . I think it's a wonderful way to spend one's time.
3 I needed a lift home but I was too shy to ask the other guests because they were almost strangers.
4 I was ashamed of having lied to my mother. I shouldn't have done it.
5 When I speak English I sometimes feel a bit embarrassed especially when I make mistakes.
6 The violent way he treated his children in public was shameful.
7 I am not worried about money,' he said. 'I've got plenty.'
8 She gets very bad tempered when the house is a mess, and starts shouting at the kids.
9 He says that he is afraid of losing his job if the company decides to get rid of staff.
10 If Philip weren't so arrogant he'd be quite likeable; as it is, few people like him.
11 We've all had a very tiring day-let's go to bed.
12 Although he's a famous millionaire, he behaves like an ordinary man.

-------------------
Modifié par bobine le 06-04-2006 14:48

Réponse: Exercices 66 de mp27, postée le 06-04-2006 à 14:32:40 (S | E)
Good afternoon, felin!
Here is the list of adjectives
1.amusing
2.enjoyable
3.embarrassed
4.ashamed
5.shy
6.shameful
7.worried
8.bad-tempered
9.afraid
10.likeable
11.tiring
12.ordinary
THANKS for this vocabulary exercise!

Réponse: Exercices 66 de kimence, postée le 06-04-2006 à 14:50:13 (S | E)
Hello!!!!

1 You may laugh, but I don't find anything amusing about finding a snake in your tent in the middle of the night.
2 Gardening may be hard work but it can also be enjoyable. I think it's a wonderful way to spend one's time.
3 I needed a lift home but I was too shy to ask the other guests because they were almost strangers.
5 When I speak English I sometimes feel a bit embarrassed especially when I make mistakes.
8 She gets very bad-tempered when the house is a mess, and starts shouting at the kids.
9 He says that he is afraid of losing his job if the company decides to get rid of staff.
10 If Philip weren't so arrogant he'd be quite likeable; as it is, few people like him.

Quel plaisir ces exercices!! Merci beaucoup!!
-------------------
Modifié par felin le 07-04-2006 19:33

Réponse: Exercices 66 de magmatic_rock, postée le 06-04-2006 à 16:50:37 (S | E)
Coucou

2 Gardening may be hard work but it can also be enjoyable I think it's a wonderful way to spend one's time.
5 When I speak English I sometimes feel a bit embarassed especially when I make mistakes and even when when I don't
6 The violent way he treated his children in public was shameful
8 She gets very bad tempered when the house is a mess, and starts shouting at the kids.

Réponse: Exercices 66 de isa71, postée le 06-04-2006 à 23:11:56 (S | E)
Bonsoir tout le monde

2 Gardening may be hard work but it can also be enjoyable I think it's a wonderful way to spend one's time.
8 She gets very bad-tempered when the house is a mess, and starts shouting at the kids.

Isa

Réponse: Exercices 66 de coco02, postée le 07-04-2006 à 12:54:33 (S | E)
bonjour,

4 I was shameful of having lied to my mother. I shouldn't have done it.
6 The violent way he treated his children in public was a shame/shameful

Réponse: Exercices 66 de whynot95, postée le 07-04-2006 à 19:26:27 (S | E)
Hello Felin and many thanks

2 Gardening may be hard work but it can also be enjoyable. I think it's a wonderful way to spend one's time.
7 'I am not worried about money' he said. 'I've got plenty'.

-------------------
Modifié par felin le 07-04-2006 19:31 Hello I'm delighted to see you again. Me too!

Réponse: Exercices 66 de felin, postée le 11-04-2006 à 18:02:28 (S | E)
Bonsoir tout le monde

Voici la correction:

Ashamed, shameful, shy or embarrassed?

Ashamed means 'guilty and disgusted with yourself because of something bad that you have done':
==> People who steal from the poor should be ashamed of themselves.

Shameful describes behaviour which people think should make you feel ashamed:
==> The cruel way some people treat their pets is shameful.

Shy means 'anxious about talking to people, especially people you don't know':
==> Jimmy is very shy with adults but he's fine with other children.

Embarrassed means 'feeling socially uncomfortable and nervous':
==> You can imagine how embarrassed I felt when I couldn't pay the bill

Anxious, nervous, worried or bad-tempered ?

Anxious means very worried because you fear something bad may happen or may have happened':
==> Their daughter hadn't come home from school and they were anxious about her safety.

Nervous means 'worried because you are in, or about to enter, a stressful situation':
==> I was so nervous about the exam that I couldn't sleep.

Worried means 'unhappy because you have, or expect to have, a problem':
==> She was worried that the hotel bill was going to be too high.

Bad-tempered means 'easily annoyed and angry':
==> The farmer was a bad-tempered old man who wouldn't let anyone cross his land.

Afraid, scared or frightened?

Afraid + to-infinitive
 unwilling to do something because you are anxious about what may happen.
==> She was afraid to eat it in case it was poisonous.

Afraid of+ noun / -ing
 anxious about something which might happen
==> Most criminals are afraid of being caught.

Scared of+ noun
 very nervous or afraid of something or somebody
==> I've always been scared of dogs.

Scared of+ -ing
 very nervous or afraid of doing something
==> He's scared of going home alone.

Scared + to-infinitive
 very anxious or afraid to do something
==> She lay on the floor trembling, too scared to move.

Frightened (of) + noun
 nervous or afraid (of something)
==> He had a frightened look on his face.

Frightened of+ -ing
 nervous or afraid of doing something
==> I was frightened of being left by myself.

Frightened + to-infinitive
 very anxious or afraid to do something
==> She was too frightened to look out of the plane.

Amusing or enjoyable?

Amusing means 'causing you to smile or laugh':
==> The speaker was embarrassed when the microphone stopped working but the audience found it amusing.

Enjoyable means 'pleasant and causing you to feel happy':
==>It was one of the most enjoyable holidays we've ever had.

Sympathetic or likeable?

Sympathetic means 'showing you understand the problems of others':
==> He expected people to be sympathetic because his mother had died.

Likeable means 'easy to like':
He's a selfish, greedy little man and not at all likeable.

Tiring or tiresome?

Tiring means 'causing tiredness':
==> Staring at a computer screen all day can be very tiring, can’t it Helen?

Tiresome means 'annoying or irritating':
==> I find these so-called jokes extremely tiresome.

Typical, usual or ordinary?

Typical means 'having the main characteristics of a group or thing; behaving in the usual way':
==> It was a typical English summer - rain every second day!
==> It was typical of him to get angry.

Usual means 'the same as what happens most of the time':
==> Is it usual for lectures to start so early?
==> I'll meet you at the usual time.

Ordinary means 'without any special qualities or features':
==> It was just an ordinary house in an ordinary street.

à tous pour votre participation.

Réponse: Exercices 66 de canopee, postée le 11-04-2006 à 19:25:33 (S | E)

2 Gardening may be hard work but it can also be enjoyable . I think it's a wonderful way to spend one's time.
5 When I speak English I sometimes feel a bit ashamed especially when I make mistakes.
6 The violent way he treated his children in public was embarassing
10 If Philip weren't so arrogant he'd be quite liked ; as it is, few people like him.

-------------------
Modifié par felin le 11-04-2006 19:39 Hello canopee La correction au dessus de votre post. Merci pour votre participation.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux |