Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Exercices 77
Message de felin posté le 04-07-2006 à 15:13:43 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour tout le monde

Correction Lundi 10/07/06

Prepositions after verbs and nouns 1

Read the letter below and add the preposition which best fits each space.

Dear Ms Jones

I am writing in reply.......... (0) your advertisement ......... (1) Secretaries to work ............ (2) your central offices. I had already heard ........... (3) you from a friend of mine, jenny Mansfield, who worked ................ (4) you a few years ago ............. (5) the sales department. I would be interested ............. (6) applying .................. (7) a full-time post. I am quite experienced ............ (8) secretarial work, and would have little difficulty .............. (9) the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled .............. (10) word processing. I also have wide experience ............. (11) handling members of the public. I enclose a reference .................... (12) my previous employer and copies ............ (13) my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time which is convenient for you.
I look forward to hearing ........... (14) you.
Yours sincerely.

Good luck.

Réponse: Exercices 77 de nanette33, postée le 04-07-2006 à 16:32:24 (S | E)
Hello Felin,

Dear Ms Jones

I am writing in reply to your advertisement about (1) Secretaries to work at (2) your central offices. I had already heard about (3) you from a friend of mine, jenny Mansfield, who worked for (4) you a few years ago on (5) the sales department. I would be interested in (6) applying for (7) a full-time post. I am quite experienced in (8) secretarial work, and would have little difficulty about (9) the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled in (10) word processing. I also have wide experience to (11) handling members of the public. I enclose a reference from (12) my previous employer and copies of (13) my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time which is convenient for you.
I look forward to hearing from (14) you.
Yours sincerely.

Réponse: Exercices 77 de babeth54, postée le 04-07-2006 à 22:14:51 (S | E)
I am writing in reply to (0) your advertisement for (1) Secretaries to work at. (2) your central offices. I had already heard about (3) you from a friend of mine, jenny Mansfield, who worked for (4) you a few years ago in (5) the sales department. I would be interested in (6) applying for (7) a full-time post. I am quite experienced in (8) secretarial work, and would have little difficulty for (9) the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled in (10) word processing. I also have wide experience .in. (11) handling members of the public. I enclose a reference from (12) my previous employer and copies of (13) my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time which is convenient for you.
I look forward to hearing from. (14) you.
Yours sincerely.

Réponse: Exercices 77 de mp27, postée le 04-07-2006 à 23:12:37 (S | E)
Hello felin
Dear Ms Jones

I am writing in reply to your advertisement for Secretaries to work in your central offices. I had already heard about you from a friend of mine, Jenny Mansfield, who worked with you a few years ago in the sales department. I would be interested in applying for a full-time post. I am quite experienced in secretarial work, and would have little difficulty with the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled at word processing. I also have wide experience with handling members of the public. I enclose a reference from my previous employer and copies of my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time (which is) convenient for you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely.

Réponse: Exercices 77 de coferam, postée le 07-07-2006 à 17:17:57 (S | E)

Bonjour Felin

Dear Ms Jones

I am writing in reply..at..(0) your advertisement ..about..(1) Secretaries to work ..in..(2) your central offices. I had already heard ..of..(3) you from a friend of mine, jenny Mansfield, who worked ..for.. (4) you a few years ago ..at..(5) the sales department. I would be interested ..as..(6) applying ..at.. (7) a full-time post. I am quite experienced ..in..(8) secretarial work, and would have little difficulty ..in..(9)the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled ..in..(10) word processing. I also have wide experience ..of..(11) handling members of the public. I enclose a reference ..from..(12) my previous employer and copies ..of..(13) my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time which is convenient for you.
I look forward to hearing ..from..(14) you.

Et Merci.

Réponse: Exercices 77 de bobine, postée le 10-07-2006 à 10:49:56 (S | E)
Hello dear Felin,
I am writing in reply to your advertisement for Secretaries to work in your central offices. I had already heard about you from a friend of mine, Jenny Mansfield, who worked for you a few years ago in the sales department. I would be interested in applying for a full-time post. I am quite experienced in secretarial work, and would have little difficulty with the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled at word processing. I also have wide experience with handling members of the public. I enclose a reference from my previous employer and copies of my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time which is convenient for you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely.

Réponse: Exercices 77 de coco02, postée le 10-07-2006 à 12:45:37 (S | E)
hello Felin,

I am writing in reply to (0) your advertisement about (1) Secretaries to work in (2) your central offices. I had already heard about (3) you from a friend of mine, jenny Mansfield, who worked with (4) you a few years ago in (5) the sales department. I would be interested in (6) applying for (7) a full-time post. I am quite experienced in (8) secretarial work, and would have little difficulty with (9) the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled in (10) word processing. I also have wide experience in(11) handling members of the public. I enclose a reference of(12) my previous employer and copies of (13) my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time which is convenient for you.
Yours sincerely.

Réponse: Exercices 77 de felin, postée le 10-07-2006 à 16:18:32 (S | E)
Bonjour tout le monde

Voici la correction:

Dear Ms Jones

I am writing in reply to (0) your advertisement for (1) Secretaries to work in (2) your central offices. I had already heard of (3) you from a friend of mine, jenny Mansfield, who worked for/.with (4) you a few years ago in (5) the sales department. I would be interested in (6) applying for (7) a full-time post. I am quite experienced in (8) secretarial work, and would have little difficulty with (9) the duties the current job involves. I think I’m quite skilled in (10) word processing. I also have wide experience in (11) handling members of the public. I enclose a reference from (12) my previous employer and copies of (13) my certificates. I would be happy to come for an interview at any time which is convenient for you.
Yours sincerely.

Merci à tous pour votre participation.

Verb + preposition

Here are summaries of the way common verbs combine with particular prepositions or particles (in the heading):
About ==> agree, dream, hear, laugh, know, forget, quarrel, worry.
With ==>agree, deal, compare, discuss, cope, provide, sympathise, collide.
To ==> agree, apply, belong, listen, go, refer, speak, shout.
For ==>apologise, pay, wait, admire, forgive, punish, work, like.
Of ==> approve, dream, accuse, remind, die, smell, consist, taste.
At ==>arrive, laugh, look, shout, joke, stare.
In ==> arrive, succeed, believe, include, involve, persist.
From ==> differ, resign, suffer, stop, recover, come.
On ==> insist, rely, congratulate, bet, decide, count.

Noun + preposition

Here are summaries of the way nouns combine with particular prepositions (in the headings):

With ==> relationship, trouble, connection, contract, agreement, harmony.
Of ==> delay, description, hope, idea, lack, map.
To ==> damage, reaction, reply, solution, objection, thanks.
From ==> departure, protection, fall, extract, phone call.
About ==> discussion, information, quarrel, argument, debate, hesitation.

Between
==> choice, comparison, connection, contact, relationship.
In ==> decrease, delay, expert, failure, increase
For ==> excuse, reason, reputation, respect, responsibility.
On ==>advice, attack, book, expert, talk.

Connect with, connect to, connection between
• Connect to means 'to join two or more things':
First, connect the speakers to the CD player.
• Connect with means 'to realise that two facts or events are connected':
The police did not connect her with the crime.
• Connection between means 'the way two facts, ideas or events are related to each other':
There is a proven connection between smoking and cancer.

Hear of, hear about, hear from
• Hear of means 'to know that something or someone exists':
I've never heard of him in my life.
• Hear about means 'to find out a piece of information':
Did you hear about the fire?
• Hear from means 'to receive news from someone e.g. in a letter or by e-mail': Have you heard from Sarah lately?

Pay by, pay for, pay in
• We pay for something when we buy it:
She paid $200 for the use of the room.
• Pay by means 'pay using':
Can I pay by Visa?
• We pay in a particular currency:
Can I pay in euros /English pounds?

Shout at, to, for, in
• Shout at somebody means 'to say something very loudly because you are angry':
I wish you’d stop shouting at the children.
• Shout to somebody means 'to shout so they can hear':
The children shouted to each other.
• Shout for means 'to shout in order to get':
He rushed out of the house, shouting for help.
I shouted for the children to come and eat.
• Shout in + noun means 'to shout because of'.'
He shouted in pain as the ball hit him.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux