Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Betty's leaving
Message de lucile83 posté le 04-10-2006 à 16:54:35 (S | E | F | I)

Hello,
Elle est intenable cette Betty ! correction par mp
See you soon

Betty a fait ses valises hier après avoir conduit Bobby à la gare et s’être assurée qu’il ne manquait pas son train. Son avion décolle à 16 h , ce qui me laisse le temps de la voir encore un peu. Elle est attendue à Brisbane par des amis qui lui prêteront un appartement donnant sur la mer et la plage. Elle m’a promis de m’appeler dès qu’elle sera arrivée. A peine avais-je raccroché que John, un autre ami, me demandait où était Betty afin de l’inviter pour une semaine en Norvège. Je ne crois pas qu’elle acceptera car elle n’aime pas le froid.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de traviskidd, postée le 04-10-2006 à 17:13:07 (S | E)
Betty packed her bags yesterday after driving Bobby to the train station and making sure he didn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4:00pm, which gives me time to see her a little more. She's being waited for in Brisbane by friends who will lend(rent?) her an apartment facing overlooking the sea and the beach. She promised to call me as soon as she arrives. Hardly had I hung up (the phone) when John, another friend, asked me where Betty was so that he could invite her for a week in Norway. I don't think she'll accept 'cause she doesn't like the cold (not to mention it's a little far from Australia! ).
-------------------
Modifié par traviskidd le 06-10-2006 06:50
En y reflechissant je pense que "overlook" est plus approprié que "face".
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 07-10-2006 07:02
Pas forcément car "overlook" a l'idée de surplombler, dominer, or ici c'est simplement "donner sur" sans idée de hauteur.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de lucile83, postée le 04-10-2006 à 18:45:56 (S | E)
Hello,
Ne vous fiez pas à la traduction de traviskidd qui contient des américanismes que je détecterai impitoyablement.
See you soon

Réponse: Betty's leaving de nanette33, postée le 04-10-2006 à 19:55:44 (S | E)
Hello Lucile,

La mienne (de traduction!) doit être fortement francisée !...

Betty packed her bags yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and making sure he didn't miss the train. Her plane takes off at 4 p.m., which leaves me time to see her a little more. She's waited in Brisbane for friends who will lend her a flat looking onto the sea and the beach. She promised to call me as soon as she arrives. Hardly had I hung up that John, another friend, asked me where Betty was to invite her for week in Norway. I don't believe she'll accept because she doesn't like cold...

... mais ça devient chaud !

-------------------
Modifié par nanette33 le 05-10-2006 11:27

Réponse: Betty's leaving de shinygirl, postée le 05-10-2006 à 07:00:37 (S | E)
Betty a fait ses valises hier après avoir conduit Bobby à la gare et s’être assurée qu’il ne manquait pas son train. Son avion décolle à 16 h , ce qui me laisse le temps de la voir encore un peu. Elle est attendue à Brisbane par des amis qui lui prêteront un appartement donnant sur la mer et la plage. Elle m’a promis de m’appeler dès qu’elle sera arrivée. A peine avais-je raccroché que John, un autre ami, me demandait où était Betty afin de l’inviter pour une semaine en Norvège. Je ne crois pas qu’elle acceptera car elle n’aime pas le froid.

------oOo------
Bonjour lucile83,
J'ai fait un petit effort, pouvez-vous les corriger encore une fois ?

Merci!

Betty packed her luggage yesterday after driving Bobby to the train station and insuring that he didn't miss his train. Her flight takes off at 4:00pm, which leaves me time to see her. She will meet her friends in Brisbane who will leave her an apartment with sun and beach view. She promised me that she will call me when she arrives. by the way, I received a call ... from John, another friend, asking where is Betty for asking her to visit Norway for one week. I think that she will not accept because she doesn't like coldness.
-------------------
Modifié par shinygirl le 05-10-2006 10:47
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 05-10-2006 11:15
C'est fait et on oublie le 1er essai

Réponse: Betty's leaving de maya13, postée le 05-10-2006 à 12:01:40 (S | E)
hello lucile,

Betty packed her bags yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and making sure he wouldn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4 p.m., that gives me time to
see her a little more. She is waited for in Brisbane by friends who'll lend her a flat facing the sea and the beach. She promised to call as soon as she gets there. Hardly had I hung up when John, another friend, asked me where Betty was to invite her for a week in Norway. I don't think she'll accept because she doesn't like the cold.

thank you lucile

Réponse: Betty's leaving de coco02, postée le 05-10-2006 à 12:46:35 (S | E)
hello Lucile,

Betty packed her luggage yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and be assured he doesn’t miss his train. The plane takes off at 4.00 PM, which give me time to see her a bit more. She is expected in Brisbane by friends who will lend her a flat with view on the see and beach. She promised to call me as soon as she arrives. I was just hanging up when John, another friend, asks me where Betty was so as to invite her for a week in Norway. I don’t think she will accept because she doesn’t like the coldness.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de whynot95, postée le 05-10-2006 à 14:11:18 (S | E)
Hello dear Lucile.

Betty packed her suitcases yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and making sure he didn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4 p.m., which gives me some time to see her a bit more. She is waited for in Brisbane by friends who will lend her a flat with a sea and beach view. She promised to call me as soon as she arrives. I had barely hung up when John, another friend, asked me where Betty was in order to invite her for a week in Norway. I don't think she'll accept because she doesn't like the cold weather.

-------------------
Modifié par whynot95 le 05-10-2006 16:27

Réponse: Betty's leaving de bridg, postée le 05-10-2006 à 14:28:15 (S | E)
Lucile

Betty packed her suitcases yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and being sure he didn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4.00 PM which gives me a little more time to see her. Some friends are waiting for her at Brisbane where they will lend her a seaside front apartment. She promised to call me as soon as she arrives. I'd barely hung off when John, another friend, asked me where Betty was with a view to invite her for a week in Norway. I don't think she'll accept because she doesn't like cold.
But Bobby changed his mind ……..

Réponse: Betty's leaving de lucile83, postée le 05-10-2006 à 14:47:07 (S | E)
Great !!!!! that's a real cartoon now !!!

Poor Bobby sitting on the plane !! didn't he catch his train ?
-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 05-10-2006 15:20
He did!!!!!! But as soon as the train started to move he jumped out of it and ran to give a phone call to Betty. Poor Bobby, the line was always engaged she was talking with you and she forgot to give him back his keys . He tried to go to the airport but missed Betty because of the traffic jam. To be sitting on this plane is the only way he found to reclaim his keys.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de annie, postée le 05-10-2006 à 14:47:51 (S | E)
Hello Lucille,
Betty packed her suitcases yesterday after driving Bobby to the rail station and making sure he didn’t miss his train. Her plane is to take off at 4 pm, which is leaving me some time to see her a bit again. She is being expected to Brisbane by some friends who are going to lend her a flat on the sea and the beach. She promised to phone me as soon as she is over there. I had only just hung up when John, another friend, asked to me where Betty was in order to invite her for a week’s stay in Norway. I don’t believe she will accept because she doesn’t like cold weather.
Thanks

Réponse: Betty's leaving de adamolma4, postée le 05-10-2006 à 17:02:58 (S | E)
Hello Lucile,

Betty packed her bags yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and making sure he didn't miss his train. Her planes takes off at 4 pm so, I've got a little time to see her yet. She's waited for in Brisbane by a couple of friends who will lend her a flat which overlooks the sea and the beach. She promised to call me as soon as she gets there. No sooner had I put the receiver down, when another friend asked me where Betty was in order to invite her for a week in Norway. I don't believe she'll accept because she hates cold weather.

Thank you Lucile. I can't wait for the following episode!
See you soon
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-10-2006 07:19

Réponse: Betty's leaving de nick27, postée le 05-10-2006 à 22:15:47 (S | E)
Hello Lucile

Betty packed her suitcases yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and making sure he didn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4:00 pm, what gives me some time to see her a little bit more. She'll be waited for by some friends in Brisbane. They'll lend her a flat with a sea and beach view. She promised to give me a ring as soon as she has arrived. I had just hung up the phone when John, another friend, asked me where Betty was in order to invit her for a week in Norway. I don't think she'll accept because she doesn't like the cold.

See you

Réponse: Betty's leaving de bobine, postée le 06-10-2006 à 16:30:17 (S | E)
Hello Lucile,

Betty packed her luggage yesterday after taking Bobby to the railway station and making sure he didn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4 pm, which gives me time to go and see her a little more. Some friends are waiting for her at Brisbane, they'll lend her a flat overlooking the sea and the beach. She promised to phone me as soon as she arrives. Hardly had I put the telephone down when John,another friend,asked me where Betty was so as to invite her for a week in Norway. I think she won't accept because she doesn't like cold.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de coferam, postée le 06-10-2006 à 16:39:22 (S | E)

Bonjour Lucile,

Betty made her luggage yesterday after having driven Bobby to the station and having checked up that he doesn’t miss his train. His plane takes off at 4 pm, what leaves me the time to see him still little. She is waited to Brisbane by friends who will lend her an apartment looking onto the sea and the beach. She promised me to call me as soon as she will have arrived. Hardly I had hung up that John, another friend, asked me where was Betty to invite her for week in Norway. I do not believe she will accept because she does not like the cold.

Merci.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de masselotte, postée le 06-10-2006 à 16:45:30 (S | E)
Bonjour lucile83

Betty packed her suitcases yesterday after driving Bobby to the station,making certain he didn't miss his train.Her plane takes off at 4 PM,letting me to see her during a moment yet.She is waited for by some friends at Brisbane who will be able to lend her an apartment, in front of the sea and the beach.She promised me to call right away she arrives.Hardly had I rung the phone off John, an other friend , asked me where Betty was so that to invite her for a week to go to Norway. I don't know she will accept his proposal because She doesn't like cold.
-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 06-10-2006 16:55
mise en page

------------------- merci lucile83
Modifié par masselotte le 07-10-2006 15:07

Réponse: Betty's leaving de mp27, postée le 06-10-2006 à 21:02:20 (S | E)
Hello lucile 83!

Elle est intenable cette Betty ! Pour la traduction du titre:
-->That Betty, what an unruly girl she is!

mais "intenable" pourrait plutôt être compris autrement, alors, voici un second titre qui convient sans doute mieux ( ? )
-->You can't keep Betty in one place, can you?

Yesterday, Betty drove Bobby to the station, making sure he didn't miss his train, and then, she packed her suitcases. Her plane takes off at 16:00, which gives me (enough?) time to see a bit more of her. Some of her friends in Brisbane are expecting her and will make a flat available for her, overlooking the sea and the beach. Hardly had I put the phone down that John, another friend of hers, asked me where Betty was, as he wanted to invite her for a week in Norway. I don't think she'll accept the offer because she doesn't like cold weather.

Somehow, I am expecting ... some trouble, ... somewhere ... , before she arrives in Brisbane! (with thanks to the author)
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 07-10-2006 07:42
Bien pour la traduction de Betty qui est intenable,les 2 conviennent mais ce n'était pas un titre, juste un petit commentaire ..
What makes you think she'll have trouble on her way to Brisbane?
-------------------
Modifié par mp27 le 07-10-2006 12:30 -> one little change at the end.
Hopefully the journey will be fine, but... you never know.
Isn't she lucky about the flat! Let's wait and see what comes next...

Réponse: Betty's leaving de bien, postée le 07-10-2006 à 19:47:56 (S | E)
Bonjour lucile

Yesterday Betty made her luggages after drove Bobby at the station and made sure that he didn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4 pm. What leaves me a little time to see her. She promises to call me when she arrives. Hardly had I hang up that John, a another friend, asked me where was Betty so to invite for one week to Norvège. I don't believe that she will accepte because she doesn't like the cold.

Merci pour vos encouragements et les petites annotations supplémentaires. Comme vous pouvez le voir je m'accroche.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de vivianne, postée le 08-10-2006 à 17:41:47 (S | E)
Hello Lucile

Betty packed yesterday after driving Bobby to the railway and made sure that he didn't miss his train. Her plane is going to take off at 4 pm what leave me the time to see her still a little. She is waited at Brisbane by friends who will lead to her a flat looking on to the sea and the beach. She promised to call me as soon as she comes there. Hardly I had hanged up the phone that John, an other friend, asked me where Betty was to invite her during a week to Norway. I don't think that she will accept because she dislikes cold.

See you soon.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de toufa57, postée le 08-10-2006 à 23:53:33 (S | E)
Hello lucile83,
Betty packed her cases yesterday after driving Bobby to the railway station and being sure that he didn't miss his train.Her plane takes off at 4.pm,which lets me have time to see her more a little.She is waited for, in Brisbane,by friends who will lend her an apartment looking out onto the sea and the beach.She promised to call me the minute she arrives.Hardly I had hung back up that John, an other friend, asked me where was Betty in order to invite her for a week in Norway.
I don't think she will accept because she doesn't like the cold.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de felin, postée le 09-10-2006 à 00:09:27 (S | E)
Coucou Lucile

Betty packed her bags yesterday after driving Bobby to the station and making sure he didn’t miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4:00pm which gives time to see her a little more. She is waited for in Brisbane by friends who will lend her a flat overlooking the sea and the beach. She promised to call me as soon as she arrives. Hardly had I hung up when John, another friend asked me where Betty was to/in order to invite her for a week in Norway. I don’t think she will accept because she doesn’t like the cold.

Merci.

Réponse: Betty's leaving de cat3, postée le 09-10-2006 à 17:09:40 (S | E)
Bonjour Lucile

Betty packed her bags yesterday,after driving Bobby to the station and making sure he didn't miss his train Her plane takes off at 4 p.m which gives me a little time more to see her.She is waited in Brisbane by friends who will lend a flat with view on the see and beach.She promised to call me as soon as she arrives I had just hung up the phone,when John ,another friend ,asked me where Betty was ,in order to invite her for a week in Norway.I don't think sh'll accept because she doesn't like the cold weather

Merci

Réponse: Betty's leaving de sandrineg, postée le 09-10-2006 à 18:02:31 (S | E)
Yesterday, Betty packed her luggage after driving Bobby to the railway station and making sure that he didn't miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4 o'clock, that lets me time to see her a little more. She is waited by friends who will lend her a flat in front of the beach and the sea. She promised to phone me as soon as she arrives. Hardly had I hung up that John, another friend, asked me where was Betty to invite her in Norway for one week. I don't think she takes it up because she doesn't enjoy coldness.

Sandrine

Réponse: Betty's leaving de lethidee, postée le 09-10-2006 à 20:22:03 (S | E)
Hello,

Yesterday, Betty packed her suitcases after driving Bobby to the station and being sure that he didn't miss his train.
Her fly is taking off at 4 p.m. that let me enought time to see her a little bit more.
She is waited at Brisbane by some friends who will lend her a flat in front of the sea and the beach. She has promised to call me as soon as she arrived.
Just as I had put down, another friend asked me where was Betty because he wanted to invite her for a week in Norway.
I don't think that she'll accept because she doesn't like to be cold.

Merci Lucile

Réponse: Betty's leaving de lucile83, postée le 12-10-2006 à 18:23:37 (S | E)
Hello,
pour vos efforts et
J'ai agrémenté vos traductions de moins de petits smileys rouges que les 2 précédentes ce qui est bon signe pour les débutants car les autres seraient impardonnables !
Voici ma proposition :

Betty packed her cases yesterday after driving Bobby to the railway station and making sure he didn’t miss his train. Her plane takes off at 4.00 p.m., which gives me time to see her a little more. She is expected in Brisbane by friends who will lend her a flat opposite the sea and the beach. She promised to call me as soon as she arrives. Hardly had I hung up when John, another friend, asked me where Betty was in order to invite her for a week in Norway. I don’t think she will accept as she dislikes cold.

See you soooooon

Réponse: Betty's leaving de maylie, postée le 26-12-2006 à 20:48:26 (S | E)
Betty made her suitcases yesterday after she has leaded Bobby to the railway-station and has been assured he did miss his train. His plane will take off at 16 H, that lets me time to see her a little bit still. She has been waited to Brisbane by her friends who will lend her a flat looking out on the sea and the beach. She promised me to call me as soon as she will arrive. As soon as I had call back that John, an other friend, asked me where was Betty in order to inviting her during a week in NORVEGE. I don't believe she will accept because she don't like to be cold.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux