Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de bamoo posté le 2004-12-20 14:35:52 (S | E | F | I)
Bonjour,
J'ai un résumé de texte à faire sur les cellules souches. Pourriez vous m'aidez à corriger mes fautes et éventuellement me donner de nouvelles idées :-)
Merci

-----------------------------------------------------
A stem cell is a cell that has the ability to continuously divide and differentiate into various other kind(s) of cells/tissues.

The use of stem cells is controversial, particularly with embryonic stem cells. The controversy is based on the belief by opponents that a fertilized egg is fundamentally a human being with rights and interests that need to be protected. Those who oppose stem cell research do not want foetuses and fertilized eggs used for research.
Thus, the two camps are fiercely opposed. So we can understand that the vote by Californian to speed research is really very important.
According to Evan Synder, California could become the stem cell center of the world. Indeed, Proposition 71 would authorize to spend $3 billion and the creation of a state institute.

This amount of money is considerable, even for one of the richer state in the world but the stake is crucial because the investment return could be considerable too. Moreover, California could attract again more researchers to become more famous and earn more money. In fact, I think the vote will be done according to money for the most voting people.

The stem cells interest is that it could be used to treat many sick people, even if rich people (who lived mainly in the United States or in Europe) will take advantage of if before poor people. So an institute for Regenerative Medicine could make science a lot of progress. Thus, we could imagine healing Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases (affecting brain cells) or maybe other more serious diseases in the future. So, I think this stem cell center is a very good idea that could allow many people to become hopeful again.

Even if I think it’s a good idea, I must say that it could be very dangerous. For example, in the 6th day (with Arnold Schwarzenegger, California’s governor), genetic has made enormous progress and all maladies have been eradicate. The laws on stem cell don’t exist and this leads us to big problems as the cloning of humans. So, it could have some abuses. That’s why, I think it should have laws and strict controls.

To conclude, I think research on stem cells has much value both for scientific understanding of human development and for its potential to treat human disease. I think also there is no escaping it because science has always made progress and nothing has never could stop it (nuclear bomb is a good example).

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de bamoo, postée le 2004-12-21 20:45:09 (S | E)
Personne ne peut m'aider ?

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de gewurz, postée le 2004-12-21 20:49:10 (S | E)
Salut Bamoo,

le texte écrit ci-dessus est le résumé ? ou dois-tu faire un résumé de ce texte ?

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de alexgowes, postée le 2004-12-21 22:01:18 (S | E)
"Thus, the two camps are fiercely opposed"
I think you need to specify who the proponents are. You mention two camps without saying much about one of them (this isn't a criticism of your English, just a suggestion to improve the content of your writing.)

"So we can understand that the vote by the State of California to speed research is really very important. Maybe to invest in research?
According to Evan Synder, California could become the stem cell center of the world. Indeed, Proposition 71 would authorize to spend the spending of $3 billion and the creation of a state institute."

This amount of money is considerable, even for one of the richer state states in the world but the stake is crucial because the investment return could be considerable too. Moreover, California could attract again remove "again". (I know in French you'd say encore here, but not in English) more researchers to become more famous and earn more money. Again, the English is fine, but I don't think researchers are interested primarily in becoming famous and making money! In fact, I think the vote will be done according to money for the most voting people. This sentence needs some work. What you're suggesting is that people will vote in favour of the bill because you think they want to benefit financially. In that case you might say "I think the vote will be based on potential financial gains." More colloquially, one could say that "people will vote with their pocket-books." However, I think that you should consider that a lot of supporters are interested in the potential health benefits of stem cell research and not just in money.

The stem cells interest is The interest in stem cells comes from the possibility that it could be used to treat many sick people, even if rich people (who lived live mainly in the United States or in Europe) will take advantage of if before poor people. So an institute for Regenerative Medicine could make science a lot of progress a lot of scientific progress. Thus, we could imagine healing curing Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases (affecting which affect brain cells) or maybe other more serious diseases in the future. So, I think this stem cell center is a very good idea that could allow many people to become hopeful again that could offer hope to many people.

Even if I think it’s a good idea, I must say that it could be very dangerous. For example, in the 6th day what's the 6th day?? (with Arnold Schwarzenegger, California’s governor), genetic genetics has made enormous progress and all maladies have been eradicate eradicated. The laws on stem cell research don’t exist and this leads us to big problems such as the cloning of humans. So, it could have some abuses. That’s why, no comma I think it should have laws and strict controls.

To conclude, I think research on stem cells has much value both for scientific understanding of human development and for its potential to treat human disease. I think also there is no escaping it because science has always made progress and nothing has never could stop it nothing has ever stopped it (the nuclear bomb is a good example).

-------------------
Edité par alexgowes le 2004-12-21 22:12:25

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de bamoo, postée le 2004-12-21 22:44:47 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup.
Ceci était bien sûr mon résumé et pas le texte à résumer. Désolé si je n'ai pas été assez précis :-)

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de alexgowes, postée le 2004-12-21 22:51:39 (S | E)
OK, the 6th Day is a movie. I get it!

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de bamoo, postée le 2004-12-21 23:38:12 (S | E)
Oh, sorry. I forgot to answer you about the 6th Day but you have found yourself :-)
It's a movie with Arnold. It's funny because today, he is the California’s governor :-)
Thank you very much for your help !!!

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de gewurz, postée le 2004-12-22 02:02:56 (S | E)
in french : "à l'aube du sixième jour", a very entertaining and enjoyable movie.

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de bamoo, postée le 2004-12-22 02:52:06 (S | E)
I have again some questions (by the way, can I use "again" in this sentence ? :-) :

"to spend $3 billion ?"
=>is this not correct ?

However, I think that you should consider that a lot of supporters are interested in the potential health benefits of stem cell research and not just in money.
=> Yes, of course and that's why I think i'll talk about that. Thanks :-)

this leads us to big problems such as the cloning of humans
=> I thought "such as" was just used for enumeration...

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de alexgowes, postée le 2004-12-22 04:17:14 (S | E)
I have again some questions (by the way, can I use "again" in this sentence ? :-) :

I might say "Once again, I have some questions", or "I have, once again, some questions", or "I have some more questions".
"to spend $3 billion ?"
=>is this not correct ?

Your sentence was "Proposition 71 would authorize to spend $3 billion..." That doesn't sound quite right. You could say the proposition "would authorize the government to spend $3 billion" or "it would authorize the spending of $3 billion."

this leads us to big problems such as the cloning of humans
=> I thought "such as" was just used for enumeration... It means the same thing as "for example"

Réponse: re:Résumé de texte de bamoo, postée le 2004-12-22 12:04:22 (S | E)
Ok, I understand.
Thank you very much !!! :-)

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux