Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais
Tout ce qui a un rapport avec l'apprentissage de l'anglais: grammaire, orthographe, aides aux devoirs, phrases etc.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

children andTV
Message de gabynette posté le 28-04-2005 à 21:00:20 (S | E | F | I)

Hi everybody! I need some help for an homework... I have an article to write about this subject : How much should parents control what their children watch on television? (describing your own opinions and experiences). So I made an article but I need some help because I think that there is some mistakes...

Today, most of the children spend most of their free time watching TV. I don't think that watching TV is something bad but to my mind we should not watch it more than 2 hours a day. Moreover, I think parents should control what their children watch on TV. Indeed, there are more and more programs with violent scenes which can have influence on the children 's behaviour. For exemple, sometimes when they see guns on TV it makes them want to have one. It makes them become dangerous, they use it like it was games, they don't realize that guns could kill. Nervertheless, I think parents must let their children watching the cartoons even if it's not instructive because they like it. Indeed, when I was youn i wanted to watch some cartoons by my mother thought it stupid so she didn't allowed me. I was very sad. Parents and children can't love the same things so the parents should let their children chose what they want to watch, except if they are too young to watch it.

So can you find the mistakes please and if you have some suggestions or better vocabulary tell me.

THANK YOU!
Gabynette
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 28-04-2005 21:30
titre

Réponse: children andTV de kitty113, postée le 28-04-2005 à 22:06:14 (S | E)
Hello gabynette! I'll try to help you...but i'm not very good in english... I think you didn't make too much mistakes...

Today, most of the children spend most of their free time watching TV. I don't think that watching TV is something bad but to my mind we shouldn't watch it more than 2 hours a day. Moreover, I think parents should control what their children watch on TV. Indeed, there are more and more programs with violent scenes which can have influence on the children's behaviour. For example, sometimes, when they see guns on TV, they absolutely want to have one for themselves because it looks so nice! It makes them becoming dangerous, they use it as it's some kind of game, they don't realize that guns could kill. Nervertheless, I think parents must let their children watching the cartoons even if it's not instructive because they like it and it's important to relax. Indeed, when I was young I wanted to watch some cartoons but my mother thought it was stupid and so she didn't allow me to do it. I was very sad and I didn't really understand her reaction. Parents and children can't love the same things and that's the reason why the parents should let their children choose what they want to watch on TV, except if they are too young to watch it, because they can be shocked.

I hope it'll help you! I added some thing, and I deleted other things. I don't know if what I wrote is right :S But I did all my possible to help you!! Good luck ;)

Kitty113

Réponse: children andTV de kitty113, postée le 28-04-2005 à 22:09:23 (S | E)
Sorry I think I made a mistake, you were right, it's " it makes them become dangerous". I think....

Bye

Kitty113

Réponse: children andTV de jardin62, postée le 28-04-2005 à 23:31:00 (S | E)
Hello gabynette.
Il est trop tard pour que je vous donne une correction expliquée, hélas!

Today, a great number of children spend most of their time watching TV.
I don't want to say that watching TV is something bad but to my mind we shouldn't watch it for more than 2 hours a day which is largely enough. Besides, I think that parents should keep an eye on what their children watch on TV for (=car) more and more programmes show violent scenes which might have a bad effect on the children's behaviour. Let's take an example: seeing teenagers 'toying' with guns can make them wish they had one. In the end they might become dangerous. They first play with it, it's just as a game like the games they see on TV, or in their video games. They don't realize that a gun isn't a toy, it's a weapon, it kills!
On the other hand parents should let their children watch cartoons : it's true they are not always very clever but the children like them. I remember when I was young my mother didn't allow me to watch the cartoons I liked: she used to say they were stupid. I was very sad indeed!
Parents and children can't share the same interests all the time: it's up to the parents to say 'no' to silly things but I think it's sometimes good to let a child have the choice, -when he is old enough to be able to choose!-
However, I must admit that this question of TV programmes is a very difficult problem and that it is responsible for lots of arguments in families!

Réponse: children andTV de traviskidd, postée le 29-04-2005 à 00:41:14 (S | E)

Today, too many [Je n'ai pas voulu utiliser "most" deux fois en proximité] children spend most of their free time watching TV. I don't think that watching TV is bad per se [Latin = en soi], but in my opinion we shouldn't watch it for more than 2 hours per day. Moreover [ou Furthermore], I think that [inclure le mot "that" dans le "bon style"] parents should control what their children watch on TV. Indeed, there is an ever-increasing ["toujours-s'augmentant"] number of programs with violent scenes that [mieux que which -- voir le fil "Which" dans le forum English Only] can have a detrimental influence on children's behavior. For example: sometimes when children see guns on TV, it makes them want to have one. But guns, which [voir le fil] are dangerous enough even when used by adults, become even more so when they fall into the hands of children, who too often treat them as toys rather than as the deadly weapons that they are. Nevertheless, I think that parents should let their children watch cartoons, even if they are not instructive, because the children like them. [A se demander: et si les cartoons montrent des armes?] Indeed,

[Ici je ne sais pas si tu employerais l'imparfait ou le passé composé en français. Si l'imparfait:]

when I was young, I always used to want to watch cartoons, but my mother would never let me because she thought they were stupid. This would always make me sad.

[Si le passé composé:]

once when I was young, I wanted to watch some cartoons, but my mother didn't let me because she thought they were stupid. This made me very sad.

Parents and children will not always like the same things, and parents should give their children the freedom to choose what they want to watch on TV, provided that the children are old enough to watch it. But when it comes to programs that contain violence, parents have not only the right but also the duty to keep such programs away from the eyes of their children.

Réponse: children andTV de gabynette, postée le 29-04-2005 à 12:44:15 (S | E)
Thank You For your Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gabynette

Réponse: children andTV de willy, postée le 29-04-2005 à 13:51:01 (S | E)
Hi Traviskidd !

Juste quelques mots : dans les phrases que tu as écrites à la fin, on utiliserait l'imparfait en français :

- quand j'étais jeune , j'avais l'habitude de regarder...
- un jour, j'étais jeune à l'époque, je voulais regarder ...(oui, ici, on pourrait dire aussi "j'ai voulu regarder ...")

Kind regards

-------------------
Edité par willy le 29-04-2005 14:19

Réponse: children andTV de traviskidd, postée le 29-04-2005 à 18:24:07 (S | E)
Gabynette: You're !; cela m'a fait plaisir de t'aider.

Tu avais déjà bien fait ton propre effort, alors il ne m'a pas derangé de te donner une version (plus) correcte. Je le laisse à ta conscience de décider si tu veux rendre mon passage (ou celui de jardin) à ton prof. Moi personellement je n'utiliserais les corrections que pour des conseils en faisant des futurs devoirs.

P.S. Ce serait "a homework" (pas "an homework") car le H se prononce. Mais en fait c'est "some homework" ou "a homework exercise" car "homework" est un nom indénombrable en anglais.

Willy: pour tes précisions!

Cela m'intéresse que l'imparfait et le passé composé puissent tous les deux s'employer à la place. En anglais, bien sûr, c'est "wanted" dans les deux cas, car l'aspect progressif ne s'applique que rarement aux verbes de sentiment.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux