Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons, traductions...
Tout ce qui n'a pas un rapport direct avec les difficultés liées à la langue anglaise: par exemple, les thèmes généraux sur l'apprentissage de la langue, les jeux, les demandes de traductions de chansons etc.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1
Message de marit64 posté le 06-08-2005 à 02:44:57 (S | E | F | I)

Hello everybody!

Find the words beginning with the letter "K".

1- What "K word" means a joint of a finger? ..............
2- A "K word" meaning the quality of being kind? .............
3- It's a type of large Australian animal with very long hind legs and great power of leaping, the female of which carries her young in a pouch on the front of her body. ..............
4- This name is used for the ability to do something skillfully and easily...............
5- How do you call the keys in a piano, typewriter arranged along or on a flat board?
6- This is the name of the softer substance inside the shell of a nut or the stone of a fruit such as a plum, peach etc.
7- A "K word" used for one of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine.............
8- What "K word" means a lump or join made in string, rope etc. by twisting the ends together and drawing tight the loops formed?............
9- If you're eager or enthusiastic, you're .............. .
10- How do you call a light frame covered with paper or other material, and with string attached, for flying in the air?

Good luck and have fun!
You'll receive the answers next Friday.
Have a great weekend.

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 09-08-2005 06:50

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de jeanmi, postée le 06-08-2005 à 12:52:31 (S | E)
1- What "K word" means a joint of a finger? KNUCKLES
2- A "K word" meaning the quality of being kind? KINDNESS
3- It's a type of large Australian animal with very long hind legs and great power of leaping, the female of which carries her young in a pouch on the front of her body. KANGAROO
4- This name is used for the ability to do something skillfully and easily.
5- How do you call the keys in a piano, typewriter arranged along or on a flat board? KEYBOARD
6- This is the name of the softer substance inside the shell of a nut or the stone of a fruit such as a plum, peach etc. KERNEL
7- A "K word" used for one of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine. KIDNEY
8- What "K word" means a lump or join made in string, rope etc. by twisting the ends together and drawing tight the loops formed?. KNOT
9- If you're eager or enthusiastic, you're KEEN .
10- How do you call a light frame covered with paper or other material, and with string attached, for flying in the air? KITE

Marit

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de post-scriptum, postée le 07-08-2005 à 10:39:29 (S | E)
Hello, my dear Marit,

My suggestions are:
1. knuckle
2. kindness
3. kangaroo
4. knack (for doing)
5. keyboard
6. kernel (in stone)
7. kidney
8. knot
9. keen
10. kite

See you soon. Friendship.

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de IENA1, postée le 08-08-2005 à 12:56:24 (S | E)
1- What "K word" means a joint of a finger? I DO NOT KNOW
2- A "K word" meaning the quality of being kind?KINDLY
3- It's a type of large Australian animal with very long hind legs and great power of leaping, the female of which carries her young in a pouch on the front of her body. KANGOURU
4- This name is used for the ability to do something skillfully and easily I DO NOT KNOW
5- How do you call the keys in a piano, typewriter arranged along or on a flat board? KEY BOARD
6- This is the name of the softer substance inside the shell of a nut or the stone of a fruit such as a plum, peach etc.I DO NOT KNOW
7- A "K word" used for one of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine REIN IN FRENCH
8- What "K word" means a lump or join made in string, rope etc. by twisting the ends together and drawing tight the loops formed?VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME
9- If you're eager or enthusiastic, you're ????
10- How do you call a light frame covered with paper or other material, and with string attached, for flying in the air? ????

SORRY FOR MY POOR ANSWER BUT MY ENGLISH IS NOT FLUENTLY

I AM TRYING TO IMPROVE IT BECAUSE OF YOU

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de isa71, postée le 08-08-2005 à 21:36:53 (S | E)
hello Marit

1-knuckle
2-kindness
3-kangaroo
4-knack
5-keyboard
6-kernel
7-kidney
8-knot
9-keen
10-kite

à bientôt
isa

-------------------
Edité par isa71 le 10-08-2005 20:56

merci pour ta correction

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de hyppoblue, postée le 09-08-2005 à 10:56:18 (S | E)
Hello Marit
I'm back from holidays
1 knuckle
2 kindness
3 kangaroo
4 knack
5 keyboard
6 kernel
7 kidney
8 knot
9 keen
10 kite
I saw a lot of people practising kite-surf during my holidays, it seems to be a very exciting leisure!

Marit

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de marit64, postée le 10-08-2005 à 02:33:31 (S | E)
Hi!

Please, I need help. I'd like to know where my exercise "K words 1" is? I can't find it anywhere except in my profile.
Is there someone able to help me?
So long,

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de jardin62, postée le 10-08-2005 à 20:16:06 (S | E)
Hello aimen!

1- knuckle
2- kindness
3- kangaroo
4- knack ( I felt relieved when I saw there weren't too many pages at letter 'k' in the dictionary! )
5- keyboard
6- kernel ( a new word for me: I was used to 'stone')
7- kidneys
8- knot
9- keen (I am keen on doing the 'k' exercise)
10- kite
See you soon
and

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de fik, postée le 11-08-2005 à 22:40:31 (S | E)

1/Knuckle
2/Kindness
3/Kangaroo
4/Knowledge
5/Keybord
6/???
7/Kidney
8/
9/Keen
10/

see you on september for more

-------------------
Edité par fik le 11-08-2005 22:41

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de marit64, postée le 12-08-2005 à 22:47:22 (S | E)
Hi everybody!

for your good work!

Here are the answers:

1- knuckle (jointure) 2- kindness (gentillesse) 3- kangaroo (kangou-
rou) 4- knack (truc) 5- keyboard (clavier) 6- kernel (amande)
7- kidney (rein) 8- knot (noeud) 9- keen (fervent) 10- kite ( cerf-
volant).

Thanks a lot for your participation.
So long,

Réponse: Vocabulary quiz- 'K words' 1 de ghadir, postée le 14-08-2005 à 05:37:34 (S | E)
3kangourou
4key

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux