Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de kameleon posté le 2004-10-17 00:46:20 (S | E | F | I)
Hi! Everyone,

An amusing story about a person who is obsessed by the idea that he must give up smoking. All his efforts are in vain, for every time he stops smoking, he always finds a good reason which justifies his starting again.
The aim of that amusing play is: write 1 ou 2 sentences
which tells us what would be your secret for stopping.

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-17 02:52:02 (S | E)
Just for fun: First of all, for my help, I would
need some water and juice lemon mixed together and I'd pour into a jug when my need to smoke comes ,I rush into the frigo and drink one or two glasses of that potion.

What could be better than that ?????? it is your turn ..

Réponse: re:smoking de morenita, postée le 2004-10-17 03:11:52 (S | E)
that's funny!do you think it can help to quit smoking?????i don't think so
Well,I think, the best thing that a smoker can do whenever he feels like to smok is to chew something (a chewing-gum for ex)

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-17 03:51:39 (S | E)
morenita, bravo ! for the chewing gum..

not enough for me , I need drinking and again

drinking ginger ale, club soda..

Réponse: re:smoking de serena, postée le 2004-10-17 04:04:42 (S | E)
And eat more than usual, maybe ?

Well, we should be a smoker to know how to try to stop. Then I'm sorry I won't be able to help. Only sorry cause you need some ideas, but I'm happy I can't help this time !

Some of my friends who smoke say that when we try to stop, we feel like eating too much. I advice then to eat "diet" !!
For that, drink "coka light", also eat "diet biscuits" instead of smoking. They're really delicious.

Réponse: re:smoking de morenita, postée le 2004-10-17 04:09:02 (S | E)
yeah serena i agree with you
you know what,eating too much helps also when we are bad-tempered,don't you think so?

Réponse: re:smoking de serena, postée le 2004-10-17 05:44:29 (S | E)
I do agree with you morenita !
It's why I know that diet sweets exist ! Otherwise, what would happen to our poor bodies ?

Réponse: re:smoking de elibarclo, postée le 2004-10-17 10:41:22 (S | E)
There aren't absolutely any recipe( or secret ) to give up smoking. To do it, only a firm will will be able to reach a good and final result .It's my own experience, which had led me to such a conclusion.We can use all the possible artifacts; they will only be assistances . In my opinion, the best way is to put a packet of cigarettes into your pocket and put another one on the table of your living-room .;when you feel or see the packet, you should have the will to repulse this poison. And above all don't tell you, it will be the last. To come to the conclusion that you must have a great strength of character.

Réponse: re:smoking de domi68, postée le 2004-10-17 12:54:34 (S | E)
Good morning,

You must imagine that you have an indesirable animal in your body. This animal feeds on nicotine. A good way to keep alive this animal is to give it its quantity of nicotine that it needs.
When you have a compelling desire of a cigarette, don't forget it's only this animal that he wants its nicotine. If you take only one puff of cigarette, you help this animal to survive in your body.
If you decide now that your body receives never again nicotine because you think that your body is more important that this animal, this indesirable animal will die and the desire af a cigarette with it.

You believe that you want a cigarette now!
It's not you who wants this cigarette but this animal. You don't feel good because this animal want to survive and it does you a lot different things in hoping that you gives it its dear nicotine. When you drink your mixture, it's a good way to relieve you against this awful animal and its effects.
It's a fight between you and this animal !

But please, if you still smoke only a "little" cigarette, don't lose your mood. While you smoke this "little" cigarette, think in your head "Ok, you (=the animal) win this hard fight at the present time but I'm not still defeated yet !"

In hoping that could help you in your step to stop to smoke
Good luck

Dominique

Réponse: re:smoking de joy813, postée le 2004-10-17 13:36:03 (S | E)
I agree with you Domi, but it's not so easy, you know !
Like kameleon, I drink water with lemon, but it isn't enough to stop smoking !
I tried to stop smoking a lot of time ... without success: after 2 or 3 days, I become nervous .... so I start again !
Anyway, I stopped when I was expected my baby, but it's a long time ago ....it was easy because the motivation was good !

Réponse: re:smoking de speedjo905, postée le 2004-10-17 15:45:07 (S | E)
I tell to you the experience of my mother:
She ask for obtain a favour for the first day and she promess to made a good action if she obtains that. She obtains that and since this day she has a goddaughter in the Third World. And after whe she think to smoke she thing to her goddaughter whose can't eat if she don't have money. She tooks her money to smoke and she gives to her goddaughter.
I'm very proud of my mother because 3 month after she stop to smoke she knows she is pregnant and I'm 13-years-old now.

Please correct my english and tell to me. Thank you very much.

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-17 23:44:12 (S | E)
Allow me to tell at each of you:
Congratulations. so nice.
morenita
serena
elibarelo
domi68
joy813
speejo905

I've been touched very deep in my heart by
all the replies.

-------------------
Edité par kameleon le 2004-10-18 00:21:46

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-18 00:08:27 (S | E)
speedjo905,

It is so interessting to read your true story .Your mother has been stopping smoking for his baby.
It is wonderful to read this message.

Please let me know to tell you; it's a lovely light for many women.

Please correct my mistakes......kameleon

-------------------
Edité par kameleon le 2004-10-18 00:18:47

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-18 00:14:41 (S | E)
domi68,

It is very exciting to read your text.

It is a true interpretation for our well-being
in all things. We must take care of our body but we don't always do it
as it must be.

Réponse: re:smoking de morenita, postée le 2004-10-18 03:39:12 (S | E)
"look before you leap" that s an english proverb which means that you have to think of what will happen in the end,what will be the result of what you have the intention to do,before doing it.......
*whenever you feel like smoking,just imagine yourself after xx years ,suffering from a lung cancer or a heart disease (this is a certain result of heavy smoking)....then you'll immediately throw away the cigarette & blame yourself by saying:"why am I doing that?how can I be so stupid?how can I hurt myself?why don't I take care of my health instead of destroying it by myself?why & why & why.............???????
*whenever you feel like smoking ,think twice & say to yourself:
I don't wanna hurt myself anymore
I dont wanna kill myself
I dont wanna loose my health
I dont wanna suffer in the future
I MUST QUIT SMOKING!!!!!!!!!
I m strong & I can do that!........

Well I think that I have talked too much
Am I telling stupidities???
Well it was my point of view!

-------------------
Edité par morenita le 2004-10-18 03:41:00

Réponse: re:smoking de speedjo905, postée le 2004-10-18 05:34:53 (S | E)

thank Kameleon but why did you write - correct my mistakes at the end?

I wrote correct my text if I made some mistakes

thanks again

Réponse: re:smoking de ismamera, postée le 2004-10-18 07:02:13 (S | E)
Hi,
I think for giving up smoking , you'll need a big glass of both COURAGE and WILLING , well mixed then wait for the result. Thanks .

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-18 15:25:45 (S | E)
speedjo905

I wrote please correct my mistakes because

it seems to me that you are better in english than I then
if I write some wrong words ; I simply ask you to correct my mistakes; anyway, we are on this site for helping together..........aren't we!

kameleon

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-18 15:36:20 (S | E)
morenita
ismamera
and all others members; in my opinion ,
the topic has been astonished by many wonderful reflexions about
the bad habit of smoking.

Thanks all............................kameleon

Réponse: re:smoking de speedjo905, postée le 2004-10-18 15:39:20 (S | E)
merci pour la réponse

c'était pas une remarque négative
juste pour savoir des fois je perds des bouts .... je comprends pas tout
et je me sens un peu gêné
mais je suis déterminé à apprendre l'anglais

I love English so much and thank you everybody who(se) can help me !!!!
bye

-------------------
Edité par speedjo905 le 2004-10-19 01:08:34

Réponse: re:smoking de dolivera, postée le 2004-10-18 19:25:09 (S | E)

I think that the first and most important thing for the smoker to stop smoking is his will. After that all can be easy.

If you are not prepared in your mind you'll never never stop it.

Thanks and sorry for the mistakes.

Réponse: re:smoking de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-19 00:37:56 (S | E)
Hi! dolivera,

As the same time, I think as you.

First, it is in the mind that things go on; we don't

wait that the doctor says that my case is hopeless.

Prepare to accept it if we have to....that's all.

Thanks dolivera

Réponse: re:smoking de joliwood, postée le 2004-10-19 08:15:50 (S | E)

http://www.glasbergen.com/images/fit53.gif

have a nice day!

Réponse: re:smoking de speedjo905, postée le 2004-10-19 17:18:38 (S | E)
I saw a publicity for stop smoking:

its a natural produc made by New Roots herbal
the name of product is STOP SMOKING
for command I give to you the number 1-800-268-9486
or email information
info@newrootsherbal.com

I don't know if it's good but the publicity sais yes

Let's go everyone who could try to stop smoking

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux