Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

hot dog
Message de liz66 posté le 26-03-2005 à 09:09:52 (S | E | F | I)

yesterday I was asked by one of my pupils "why "hot dog"?"
they thought it was a very funny word ("chien chaud" in their own language!!!)
does anyone know where it comes from?

-------------------
Edité par liz66 le 26-03-2005 09:15

Réponse: hot dog de weena, postée le 30-03-2005 à 21:22:57 (S | E)
Hello Liz!
I've found something that could be interesting for you:
Lien Internet

(indeed "chien chaud" is the french equivalent!! )

Réponse: hot dog de lethidee, postée le 30-03-2005 à 21:30:54 (S | E)
Hello
Thanks a lot for the informations about the hot dog but do you know who has created the sandwich and why ?
Thanks and have a good evening ?

Réponse: hot dog de jardin62, postée le 30-03-2005 à 22:05:14 (S | E)
You make me remind of a Lord Sandwich wishing to have his soldiers fed... didn't he put meat between slices of bread making then the first 'sandwich' ?

Réponse: hot dog de lethidee, postée le 31-03-2005 à 07:07:55 (S | E)
Hello
Yes, you're right jardin 62. Lord Sandwich is the father of this excellent idea of food and the best sandwich for me is the one which is going to be made with ingredients that I have choosen.
Have a good sandwich today.
see you

Réponse: hot dog de kalasoa, postée le 13-04-2005 à 15:23:13 (S | E)
This conversation makes me hungry... I've always thought that "hot dog" was named as it is for its shape... It looks like a funny teckel from a cartoon. You all speak english well...

Réponse: hot dog de lethidee, postée le 13-04-2005 à 18:59:40 (S | E)
Hello kalasaoa
How are you ? Can you tell me which is your favourite sandwich or meal? You are inhabitant of Madagascar and I dream to discover this part of the world.
See you
Suzanne

Réponse: hot dog de liz66, postée le 18-04-2005 à 09:56:17 (S | E)

... especially for the website Weena recommended ... very interesting indeed!

liz

Réponse: hot dog de elibarclo, postée le 18-04-2005 à 11:05:57 (S | E)
to Liz 66 and Lethidee - Hello.

Lord Sandwich was a person who has fond playing cards ( particularly the whist,that leads nowadays to "bridge". He didn't like to be interrupted, when he was playing.That was more important to play than to play . So once he ordered to bring him apiece of bread, cut in the middle with a slice of ham between. I think that is the real story of sandwich birth

Réponse: hot dog de lethidee, postée le 18-04-2005 à 18:36:08 (S | E)
Hello elibardo

You seem very documented about the cards and Lord Sandwich. Thanks for your precisions and see you soon.

Réponse: hot dog de kalasoa, postée le 06-05-2005 à 13:46:19 (S | E)
Hi lethidee,

People don't often eat sandwiches in Madagascar, but most of us choose very unusual meals to put into a bread, such as bananas...
But we eat nearly 150 gr of rice everyday...

Réponse: hot dog de werriy58, postée le 06-05-2005 à 19:46:31 (S | E)
Hello,
Congratulations to you weena for your look for, your Lien Internet is very intersting
To you elibarclo, please could you explain me the use of than in your sentence : "That was more important to play than to play?". Because
I know it as a comparatif. See you soon elibarclo. Werriy58

Réponse: hot dog de weena, postée le 08-05-2005 à 14:22:14 (S | E)
You're welcome! I'm happy that this website helped you!! What was your pupils' reaction Liz??
see you soon...

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux