Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

a cup of coffee?
Message de liz66 posté le 23-04-2005 à 11:51:15 (S | E | F | I)

if you're in a pub/restaurant and you want to have some coffee, what are the different types of coffee you can order?

Réponse: a cup of coffee? de emy64, postée le 23-04-2005 à 12:04:23 (S | E)
Hello, I would like a cafe latte please !

Réponse: a cup of coffee? de bridget, postée le 23-04-2005 à 12:52:57 (S | E)
First of all,in England you have plenty of possibilities if you want to have a cup of coffee.
in a coffee shop, or in a pub: asking for a "white coffee" you will obtain a large and usually light ( I mean not very concentrated ) coffee and a small pot of milk or concentrated cream or milk whith with it.
If you order a "black coffee", it will be the same cup, but nothing else whith with it. Different kind of Sugar(s) are on the tables.
After that, in some places less "traditionnal English" places,(not only in Italian owners cafés), you can order "black expresso " which is served in a small cup like "café noir " in France, this one will be more concentrated as it is in France , Spain , or of course in Italy. Do you need harder stimulation? Order: "Double black expresso" it will be served in a large cup, but the quantity is too much for me! (I prefer having one normal expresso and repeat later on! )
" Capuccino" is another option : it is an expresso, with Chantilly on it; in this case don't forget the serviette!
More possibilities ? I maybe forgot a lot of them!
Good luck, have a good coffee !
Bridget

-------------------
Edité par serena le 25-04-2005 13:47

Réponse: a cup of coffee? de swimminlee89, postée le 24-04-2005 à 00:16:35 (S | E)
Coffee choices: At most normal places, you can order regular, decaf, or half-caf coffee, with or without sugar, and with or without milk. I assume it's similar in France.

However, in America, Starbucks is taking over the coffee market. It is a ridiculously expensive coffee shop that sells all these sugary caffeinated beverages for 4$ each, and the names are impossible. Instead of Small, Medium, and Large, they have Tall, Grande, and Venti. Instead of regular coffee they have House Blend Cafe or whatever they call it. Not even English speakers know what they are ordering when they ask for a Dry Half-Caf Grande Mocha Skim Latte or something. I don't even know if my drink will be hot or cold at Starbucks because their menu is impossible to understand. If I were you, I would avoid that place!

Réponse: a cup of coffee? de emy64, postée le 24-04-2005 à 15:37:02 (S | E)
Actually, I love it ! it's expensive, that's right, but so cool !!

Réponse: a cup of coffee? de lethidee, postée le 24-04-2005 à 21:20:02 (S | E)
Hello everybody
I'll be in Italia to spend a good week-end with some French friends in the area of La Spesia and I'll think to of you when I ('ll) drink an expresso in front of the sea.
Have a good week

-------------------
Edité par serena le 25-04-2005 13:56

Réponse: a cup of coffee? de liz66, postée le 25-04-2005 à 09:56:11 (S | E)
Thank you Lethidee!
Enjoy your weekend in Italy!

Réponse: a cup of coffee? de lethidee, postée le 01-05-2005 à 21:59:31 (S | E)
Hello everybody

I'm coming back from Italy where I've spent a super week-end in the area of "Cinqueterre" near Portofino(what a such wonderful country !) and I've appreciated italian coffee. But it's hard to drink it less sugar !
Have a good week !

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux