Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Tropical fruits
Message de woodyrun posté le 05-05-2005 à 06:39:02 (S | E | F | I)

Hello everyone !
My husband and I live on Réunion Island. Today we'll go "goyaviers" picking. It is not a guava but a very small red fruit, looking like a cherry, very juicy and pulpy, with several small seeds inside. People love goyaviers round here !
Do you know the name of other tropical fruits ??

Let's start with A, A for ..... avocado ! Your turn now !

Réponse: Tropical fruits de grabuge, postée le 05-05-2005 à 08:29:24 (S | E)
Hello Reunion Island !
I lived on Reunion Island from 98 to 03 and I loved that !
I worked in Saint-Paul and lived in Saint-Gilles-les-Bains and La Possession. I ate all the tropical fruits and I was fond of leetchis that are eaten on December.
Oh, I'm sorry : A like ananas

-------------------
Edité par serena le 08-05-2005 02:00
ananas = pineapple
"On" came back! Thanks Travis.

Réponse: Tropical fruits de lethidee, postée le 05-05-2005 à 12:40:45 (S | E)
Hello

I'm very fond of tropical fruits and my prefered favourite fruit is the mango(o).

I was lucky when I was on vacation in Martinique a long time ago to pick up a mango(o) on from the ground and relished it. It was so sweety and rippened, delicious.

-------------------
Edité par serena le 08-05-2005 02:07
You could also say : "the fruit I liked best"

Réponse: Tropical fruits de idem, postée le 05-05-2005 à 14:03:11 (S | E)
hello Woodyrun

The first time that I was go (went) to Martinique, I ate a fruit that I don't didn't know.
It was passion fruits. It was very delicious.

Idem

-------------------
Edité par serena le 08-05-2005 02:30

Réponse: Tropical fruits de woodyrun, postée le 05-05-2005 à 14:41:17 (S | E)
Coman i lè, Grabuge ! In addition to your English, are you still practising your Créole ?!! I'm just back from the Makes forest where we've picked about 5kg of goyaviers. It's time to make jam now !!

Hello Lethidee and Idem, so you know Martinique too ! We've been living there from 2001 to end of Sept. 2004. We enjoyed it a lot but we prefer Réunion as it is my husband's native island and..... as there are letchees here !!

My favourite tropical fruits are letchees and mangoes, but I also love tiny bananas, hum !

So long !

Réponse: Tropical fruits de lethidee, postée le 06-05-2005 à 17:48:31 (S | E)
Hello woodyrunn

I like also leechees and I remember that when I visited Vietnam I tasted f fruits which are like leechees but brown on surface and white pulp very sweety and people call them "longanes".
Do you know these fruits ?

Réponse: Tropical fruits de jenstar, postée le 06-05-2005 à 18:03:48 (S | E)
pomegranite...... that's red (i think) with small seeds in it............

Réponse: Tropical fruits de lethidee, postée le 06-05-2005 à 21:08:58 (S | E)
Hello jenstar

No, pomegranite is "grenade" in French and "longane" looks like a leechee but it's brown on surface and white inside. They grow in grapes on highs trees in Vietnam.
I remember I tasted too "the fruit of Dragoon" which looks like a round fruit with a rose surface and white inside. For me, the taste is without perfum.
See you

Réponse: Tropical fruits de werriy58, postée le 06-05-2005 à 21:56:00 (S | E)
Hello every member,

Here in Congo Kinshasa (DRC), my country, we have many tropical fruits like "safou" the one black color a black-coloured and delightful fruit eatable with boiled "manioc", with "cassava-bread from manioc", with the bread, and we also have a lot of oranges, tangerine, grapefruit, banana, pineapple, goyave, avocado, papaye.
Safou, avocado, papaye are harvest in the rain season, which begins in October and ended ends in May; whereas orange, tangerine, grapefruit, are harvest in dry season which begins in June and ended ends in August.
September in our country is an intermediate season that make is very hot. This heat is very important 'cause it prepares rain here.

Thank you for your good topic at the forum.

Werriy58

-------------------
Edité par serena le 08-05-2005 02:50

Réponse: Tropical fruits de woodyrun, postée le 07-05-2005 à 18:29:25 (S | E)
Good evening everybody !
Lethidee, the longanes you tasted in Vietnam are called longanis here. People eat them when the leechee season is over... but they are not as sweet as the leechees !
Do some of you know about soursop, a green fruit with small soft thorns all over. It has a soft and very juicy white pulp with lots of black seeds inside. One can make very delicious drinks and icecreams with it. It's called corrossol round here...

Réponse: Tropical fruits de lethidee, postée le 08-05-2005 à 11:52:29 (S | E)
Hello everybody

If I remember that the smell of corrosol when the fruit is very ripe is unpleasant and nauseating.
I'm fond also of bananas and I tasted little bananas in Haiti which are named by the inhabitants of the island "ti malice". I remember also to have drunk delicious juice of fruits which look like big grapefruits but sweater.
See you

Réponse: Tropical fruits de traviskidd, postée le 09-05-2005 à 22:19:35 (S | E)

kiwi ... mango ... honeydewmelon ...

Avocado is a strange word for a fruit ... doesn't this word mean lawyer?

P.S. People live on islands, not in them. So ... "I live on Reunion Island," or "I live in (the department of) Reunion," a part of France a little south of Corsica.

Réponse: Tropical fruits de serena, postée le 10-05-2005 à 02:37:13 (S | E)
Yes, Avocado means lawyer. In French, it's called Avocat.
I bet criminals wish they could eat all the avocados !

It's ok for "on" now. Thank you !

Réponse: Tropical fruits de lethidee, postée le 10-05-2005 à 22:34:23 (S | E)
Hello

I like avocadoes but concerning the advocates (lawyers), I think that you make a confusion about the examining magistrates and the lawyers.

I think that the great criminals would like to get rid of the magistrates who keep locked them for a long time but need lawyers for defencing them.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux