Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Who are these Writers
Message de jeanmi posté le 19-07-2005 à 20:48:34 (S | E | F | I)

Hello,

As you can see, I can't go on holidays without teasing you...

Here are the descriptions of four writers, can you guess who they are and what they have in common?

1) He was born on February 2nd, 1882. His father, John, was a drinker and gambler who dragged his family into penury. He was educated by the Jesuits. With his wife, he went across Europe and settled in Paris after WWI where they lived with their two children.

2) She was born on December 15th, 1932 in an isolated village. She worked in a pharmacy and began writing for a national paper. She married a Czech writer in 1954 and had two sons after having moved to London where she still lives.

3) He was born in 1958. He first worked as a secondary-school teacher until his writings allowed him to live only on his books. Last year he shocked the literary world by blaming Joyce's books.

4) He was born in 1934. His father was a policeman and his mother was a teacher. She died of cancer when he was only ten. He began working as a primary school teacher. He had to stop writing after a ban on his second novel. He then bought a farm where he still lives.

The first clue, within a few hours...

Good luck

Réponse: Who are these Writers de grabuge, postée le 19-07-2005 à 21:27:42 (S | E)
Maybe, the first one was "James Joyce" ?

Réponse: Who are these Writers de jeanmi, postée le 19-07-2005 à 21:30:04 (S | E)
Well done Grabuge. What helped you?

Réponse: Who are these Writers de grabuge, postée le 19-07-2005 à 21:34:53 (S | E)
I knew a little his life....

Réponse: Who are these Writers de grabuge, postée le 19-07-2005 à 22:51:50 (S | E)
The woman is Edna O'Brien, isn't she ? She wrote "the country girl" and the series...
I'm sorry to find...

Réponse: Who are these Writers de jeanmi, postée le 19-07-2005 à 22:53:26 (S | E)
excellent Grabuge... Don't be sorry, I think that once again you'll be the only one to play... and I'm honoured...

Réponse: Who are these Writers de aimen7, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:14:45 (S | E)
Hello,
Maybe the first is J.Joyce, I'm not sure.
What they have in common is their nationality, they are Irish. Aren't they?

Réponse: Who are these Writers de jeanmi, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:23:42 (S | E)
Aimen, that's right, they all are Irish. Now, who are the other ones? Grabuge has alreadyfound the first two ones.

Réponse: Who are these Writers de grabuge, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:34:08 (S | E)
Is the second author's books banned because of his political opinions ?

Réponse: Who are these Writers de jeanmi, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:36:18 (S | E)
You mean the third one? Not because of his political opinions, but because of his opinion concerning one of the asked writers...

Réponse: Who are these Writers de aimen7, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:38:31 (S | E)
I think the third writer was RODDY DOYLE and the third maybe CHRISTY BROWN.

Réponse: Who are these Writers de grabuge, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:38:46 (S | E)
I'm sorry, I asked you about the fourth one...

Réponse: Who are these Writers de jeanmi, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:45:18 (S | E)
The third one is .... is.... is.... YES, he is Roddy Doyle and the fouth one was banned because of his opinion concerning child abuse.
You're the best. Do you spend your time reading when not on this site? You impress me...

Réponse: Who are these Writers de aimen7, postée le 19-07-2005 à 23:51:46 (S | E)
Thanks jeanmi, you know I don't have a lot of time to read, but I've read a few texts by these writers. I can't find the last one, but don't worry grabuge will do so, she was able to find "La Brute", incredible!!!

Good night everybody.

-------------------
Edité par aimen7 le 20-07-2005 12:17

Réponse: Who are these Writers de rifi, postée le 23-07-2005 à 17:26:38 (S | E)
hello
the fourth one is Jhon Mcgakern
thanks

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux