Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Le temps des élections./traduction
Message de marie11 posté le 06-05-2007 à 09:48:32 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour.

En cette période électorale, voici quelques phrases à traduire.

Niveau :
Correction : vendredi 11 mai 2007.

1- Les femmes britanniques ont obtenu le droit de vote en 1928. Quant aux femmes françaises, il leur a fallu attendre encore presque vingt ans pour jouir de ce privilège, jusque-là réservé aux hommes.

2- Le jour des élections, chaque électeur met son bulletin de vote dans l'urne.

3- Tous les citoyens français âgés de dix-huit ans et plus sont habilités à participer aux élections, qui ont lieu un dimanche. Les bureaux de vote sont généralement installés dans les mairies et les écoles locales.

4- En Grande-Bretagne, le premier ministre est le chef du parti qui a gagné les élections.
En théorie, la reine, qui nomme le premier ministre, pourrait aussi le révoquer. Elle peut aussi dissoudre le parlement, ce qu'elle ne fait jamais.

5- Je me souviens très bien de cette année-là, et même de ce jour-là.
Je suis arrivé aux États-Unis un mardi, jour où les américains votaient.
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-05-2007 12:15
Ceci est un exercice de traduction; merci de ne pas poster autre chose.

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de ariane6, postée le 06-05-2007 à 15:32:07 (S | E)
Hello marie11,

1- British women won the right to vote in 1928. As for French women, they have had to wait nearly more than twenty years for enjoying that up to then men's privilege.
2- On polling day, every voter puts his ballot paper into the ballot box.
3- All French citizens aged eighteen or over are entitled to vote in elections which take place on a Sunday. Polling stations are often set up in town halls or local schools.
4- In Great-Britain, The Prime Minister is the head of the party which has won the election. Theoretically, the Queen who appoints the Prime Minister could dismiss him too. She also has the authority to dissolve the Parliament.( to break it up ? ), what she never does.
5- I remember very well that year and that day as well. I arrived in the United States on a Tuesday, the day when American people were voting.
Thank you marie11

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de jenn, postée le 07-05-2007 à 02:18:14 (S | E)
1.English women got the right of vote in 1928. Concerning the French women, they have had to wait nearly 20 years to enjoy this priviledge reserved exclusively to men until this time.

2. The day of the elections, each elector inserts their ballot paper in the ballot box.

3. All French citizens from the age of 18, are allowed to participate within the elections, which take place on a sunday. The polls are generally situated in town halls and local schools.

4. In Great-Britain, the prime minister is the leader of the party which won the elections. In theory, the Queen, who swears in the Prime Minister, can also dismiss him.
She can also disband Parliament, but she never does.

5. I remember pretty well this year, even to this day. I arrived in the United-States on a tuesday, the day when Americans voted.

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de TravisKidd, postée le 07-05-2007 à 19:54:33 (S | E)
1. British women obtained the right to vote in 1928. As for French women, they had to wait almost twenty more years to enjoy this privilege, until then reserved to/for men.

2. On Election Day, each voter puts his ballot into the ballot box.

3. All French citizens aged 18 years and older are eligible to participate in (the) elections, which take place on a Sunday. Voting desks/booths are generally set up in city halls and local schools.

4. In Great Britain, the prime minister is the head of the party that won the elections. In theory, the queen, who names the prime minister, could also dismiss him. She can also dissolve Parliament, which she never does.

5. I remember very/quite well that year, and even that day. I arrived in the United States on a Tuesday, (the day) when Americans were voting.

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de nefertiti, postée le 07-05-2007 à 20:04:10 (S | E)
1. British women got the right to vote in 1928. About French women, they had to wait almost 20 years to enjoy that privilege, up till reserved for men.
2. The day of election, each elector puts its paper in the ballot box.
3. All french citizens of 18 and more can participate at elections, which are organised on sunday. Polling stations are usually installed in city halls and local schools.
4. In Great-Britain, the Prime Minister is the head of the party which wins the elections. Theorically, the Queen, who names the Prime Minister, can also revoke him. She can also dissolve the Parliament, what she never does.
5. I remember very well this year, even this day. I arrived in the United States on a tuesday, the day which Americans were voting.

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de meway, postée le 07-05-2007 à 23:53:29 (S | E)
Hello,marie11
1 British women got the right to vote in 1928.As for French women,it took them nearly 20 years before being granted that privilege, until then reserved to men.

2 On election day,every voter inserts his ballot in the ballot box.

3 Every single French citizen aged 18 and over is elligible to voting.Elections always take place on a Sunday, and the polling stations are generally set up in town-halls or local schools.

4 In great Britain,the Prime minister is the leader of the party which has won the elections.In theory, the Queen who appoints the Prime could well dismiss him/her.She also has the authority to dissolve the Parliament,what she never does.

5 I remember clearly that year, and even that day .I landed in America on a Tuesday;that day ,Americans were voting.
Thanks a lot!

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de maya13, postée le 08-05-2007 à 15:47:39 (S | E)
hello marie,

Polling time,

- British women have got the right to vote in 1928. As for French women, they had to wait nearly 20 more years to enjoy this privilege that was until then reserved for men.
- On polling day every voter puts his ballot paper into the polling box
- Every French citizen aged 18 and over is entitled to take part in the elections which take place on a Sunday. The polling stations are usually set up in city halls or local schools
- In Great-Britain, the Prime Minister is the head of the party that won the elections. As a rule, the Queen, who appoints the P.M. could also dismiss him. She also can dissolve the Parliament, what she never does
- I remember very well that very year and even that very day : I got to the States on a Tuesday, the day when the Americans were voting

thank you very much marie, it was quite hard !

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de coferam, postée le 09-05-2007 à 15:19:17 (S | E)

Bonjour Marie11,

The time of the elections.

1/ British women got the right of vote in 1928. As for French women, they have had to wait nearly twenty years to enjoy of this privilege reserved, up to that time, to men.

2/ The day of the elections, every electeur puts his ballot paper into the ballot box.

3/ All French citizens aged of eighteen years and over are empowered to participate at the elections which take place a Sunday. Polling stations are generally installed in the local town halls and schools.

4/ In Great-Britain, the Prime Minister is the leader of the party which won the Elections.
In theory, the Queen, who nominates the Prime Minister, could also revoke him. She can also dissolve the Parliament, which she never does.

5/ I remember very well this year, and even this day.
I arrived at the United States one Tuesday, day when Americans voted.

Merci.

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de lakata, postée le 09-05-2007 à 16:04:28 (S | E)

Hello, Marie !

1) British women got the right to vote in 1928, whereas French women had to wait almost twenty more years before enjoying this privilege, till then reserved to men.

2) On polling day, every voter puts their ballot into the ballot box.

3) All French citizens of eighteen and over can take part in elections which take place on a Sunday. The polling stations are generally set up in town halls and local schools.

4) In Great Britain, the prime minister is the leader of the party which has won the elections. Theorically, the Queen, who appoints the prime minister, could dismiss them as well. She also has authority to dissolve Parliament, which she's never done.

5) I do remember that year, and even the day I arrived in the States. It was a Tuesday and a polling day.

Thank you Marie for this very interesting exercise.

Réponse: Le temps des élections./traduction de marie11, postée le 11-05-2007 à 20:11:50 (S | E)
Bonjour.

Voici ma proposition.

1- British women got the vote in 1928. As for French women they had to wait nearly twenty years to enjoy this privilege, until then reserved for men.

2- On the polling day every voter puts their* ballot paper into the ballot box.

3- All French citizens of eighteen or over are entitled to vote in elections, which take place on a Sunday. Polling stations are often set up in town halls and local schools.

4- In Britain**, the Prime Minister is the leader of the party which has won the elections.
Theoretically, the Queen, who appoints the Prime Minister, could also dismiss him.
The Queen can also dissolve Parliament***, which she never does.

5- I remember that year very well and even that day.
I arrived in the United States on a Tuesday, the day when the Americans voted****.

* They / them / their is often used to refer to a singular indefinite person.
This is common after a person, anybody/one, whoever, each, every, either,neither, no. They has a plural verb in this case.
Ex:
If anybody calls, take their name and ask them to call again later.

This singular use of they/them/their is convenient when the person referred to could be either male or female.

** Britain or Great Britain.
*** Parliament (pas d'article)
**** preterit (Il s'agit d'une action révolue)

Je vous remercie de votre participation.
Je répondrai à toute question relative à ce sujet.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux