Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Rack your brains 9/and Help

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack your brains 9/and Help
Message de here4u posté le 28-10-2017 à 10:45:29 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear Friends!

Here's another brain-racking exercise for you! I had fun making it... and I hope you'll enjoy it!

ATTENTION! Changement d'heure ... et de numérotation ... Juste pour simplifier (et parce que je ne sais pas compter ) ... après 7, c'est 9 ! ) Alignons, alignons ! C'est (au moins ...) un et la correction sera postée le dimanche 12 novembre, tard.

I) My poor student would need a hand...(or brains !) please HELP… will you?

Your mission, and I know you love it , will be to CORRECT as many mistakes as you can. PLEASE, WRITE THE CORRECTED WORDS or sentences IN CAPITALS… (Colours are lost in transfers. ) Add punctuation if necessary.
Aujourd’hui, mon pauvre élève a fait de gros efforts … mais il n’a mis (presque) aucune ponctuation. (en plus de ses fautes habituelles !) Nous, pauvres correcteurs ! Bon courage !

It is leite the night and your driving on a desertid contry road ? You are far to you’re home like you check you’re mirors you realize there is some thing or some one hidding on the ground of your back sit you can’t stop and the think starting rouling and it seem like it have mouved carrefuly you dialed 912 but your phone does tremendous noize and the « sink » is now defntly mouving what shall do I .suddenly I remember the fortune favours the braves and I decideing stopping a car

Good luck and THE FORCE WITH YOU to correct him.

II) Exercice de reconnaissance des mots : Pour savoir ce que la sorcière dit à son chat, il vous suffit ( ) de remplacer chaque lettre entre parenthèses par un mot choisi dans la ligne indiquée par le chiffre ...

Don't forget that you mustn't (* 1) one (* 2) of my (* 3) ... if you do, you'll be (* 4) out of my (* 5) and (* 6) (* 7) (* 8) and (* 9) (*10)!

1. eating - learn - eat - be - drop - borrow - drink - run - forgive -
2. mouth- head - leg - box - drop - tongue - dog - - diamond
3. micro - soda - champagne - potion - crumble - soup-
4. entering |banned | welcome | guest | exile
5. car| family| house | class| group
6. became | run up | turned into | expelled | sent | receiving
7. my| their | the | a | that | whose |an
8. important| poor | ugly | marvelous| extraordinary
9. barking| miaowing | neighing | croaking| trumpetting |clucking
10. unicorn | horse | mare| toad | wolf |spider

Patience ... et bonnes recherches !
You can do it! (An extra dose of THE FORCE WITH YOU!)

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-10-2017 11:06

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de tereda, postée le 02-11-2017 à 12:02:02 (S | E)
Dear HERE4U, thank you for this new exercise probably inspired by Halloween !

I. HELP YOUR STUDENT
It is leite the night and your driving on a desertid contry road ? You are far to you’re home like you check you’re mirors you realize there is some thing or some one hidding on the ground of your back sit you can’t stop and the think starting rouling and it seem like it have mouved carrefuly you dialed 912 but your phone does tremendous noize and the « sink » is now defntly mouving what shall do I .suddenly I remember the fortune favours the braves and I decideing stopping a car

It is LATE IN the night, and you'RE driving on a desertED coUntry road . You are far FROM youR home, AS you look in youR mirRor, you realize there is something or someone hiDing on the ground of your back SEAT ! you can’t stop and the thinG IS starting roLLing and it seemS like it have moved ; Carefully you dial 912 but your phone does A tremendous NOISE and the « THING» is now defInEtly Moving !
What CAN I DO ? Suddenly I remember fortune favours the brave and I decide to stop the car..

It begins like in a nigthmare !

II) Exercice de reconnaissance des mots :
Don't forget that you mustn't (*eat - drink 1) one (*drop 2) of my potion (* 3) ... if you do, you'll be (* 4 banned) out of my (*house 5) and (*turned into 6) (*a 7) (*ugly 8) and (*croaking| 9) (*toad 10)!

ready to be corrected

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de alpiem, postée le 02-11-2017 à 17:13:19 (S | E)
hello,hello, lets rack!!

I) It's LATE AT night and you ARE driving ALONG a DESERTED coUntry road? You are FAR AWAY FROM your home,WHEN
as you checK YOUR REAR-VIEW MIRROR you realize there is something or someone hidding on the ground of your back seat.
You can't stop and the"thing" is starting to ROLL and it seems like it has MOVED caRefully. You dialled 912 but your
phone makes tremendous noiSes and the"THING" is now definitely MOVING. What shall I do?..Suddenly, I remember that
"Fortune favours the bold" and I DECIDE to stop the car.

II) Don't forget that you mustn't DRINK one DROP of my POTION ... if you do, you'll be BANNED out of my HOUSE and TURNED INTO AN UGLY and CROAKING TOAD!

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de chocolatcitron, postée le 04-11-2017 à 00:32:46 (S | E)
Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de chocolatcitron, postée le 29-10-2017 à 12:38:11 (S | E)
Rack your brains 9/and Help FINISHED!
Message de here4u posté le 28-10-2017 à 10:45:29.
Il n'y a pas de date buttoir précisée... : tu l'as mise depuis... 
Hello, Dear Here4u, thanks a lot for this really pleasant, funny and great exercise, I DO love it!  
Hello and happy Halloween to you all!

I) My poor student would need a hand...(or brains !) please HELP… will you? 
Here is my work, yes, he needs brains! I help him, but he must study, work harder and more regularly  :
IS IT LATE AT night (or: IN THE night) and ARE YOU driving on a DESERTED COUNTRY road? You are far FROM YOUR home. AS you ARE CHECKING YOUR MIRRORS, you REALISE there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE HIDDEN DOWN, on the MAT of your back SEAT. You CANNOT stop, and the THING IS starting ROLLING... and it LOOKS like it HAS MOVED CAREFULLY. YOU DIALLED 912, but your phone MAKES tremendous NOISES and the « THING » is now DEFINITELY MOVING. WHAT shall I do? I SUDDENLY remember THAT "fortune favours the BRAVE" and I HAVE DECIDED TO STOP a car. 

II) Exercice de reconnaissance des mots : Pour savoir ce que la sorcière dit à son chat, il vous suffit ( ) de remplacer chaque lettre entre parenthèses par un mot choisi dans la ligne indiquée par la lettre ...
Don't forget that you mustn't (* 1) one (* 2) of my (* 3) ... if you do, you'll be (* 4) out of my (* 5) and (* 6) (* 7) (* 8) and (* 9) (*10)!
Here is my work: 
Your witch is saying to her cat:"Don't forget that you mustn't DRINK one DROP of my POTION... if you do, you'll be BANNED out of my HOUSE and TURNED INTO AN UGLY CROAKING TOAD! 

Have a very sweet week, even if it's pouring dogs and cats !

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de taiji43, postée le 04-11-2017 à 15:02:02 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here 4U your kindly try is ready to be corrected

I) STUDENT IN DANGER

it is leite the night and your driving on a desertid contry road
It is LATE, IN the night and YOU ARE DRIVING on a DESERTED COUNTRY road.

You are far to you’re home
You are far FROM home.

like you check you’re mirors you realize there is some thing or some one hidding on the ground of your back sit.
AS you ARE CHECKING YOUR MIRROR you realize, there IS SOMETHING OR SOMEONE HIDDEN on the FLOOR of your back SEAT.

you can’t stop and the think starting rouling and it seem like it have mouved carrefuly .
You can’t stop and the THING is STARTING ROLLING and it LOOKS like it HAS MOVED CAREFULLY.

you dialed 912 but your phone does tremendous noize and the « sink » is now defntly mouving
YOU ARE DIALLING 912 but your phone MAKES A tremendous NOISE and the thing is now DEFINITIVRLY MOVING.

what shall do I .suddenly I remember the fortune favours the braves and I decideing stopping a car
What shall I do? I remember suddenly: the fortune favours the braves and decided TO STOP THE car

II) RECONNAISSANCE DES MOTS
Don't forget that you mustn't DRINK one DROP of my POTION ... if you do, you'll be BANNED out of my HOUSE and TURNED INTO AN UGLY CROAKING TOAD!

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de here4u, postée le 04-11-2017 à 21:15:33 (S | E)
Hello!
N'oubliez pas qu'il vous faut rétablir la ponctuation "oubliée", et donc les majuscules ...

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de djim21, postée le 06-11-2017 à 10:22:55 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Thanks for the new exercice.The poor student seems very tired, or it's me.
Have a nice week.
Ready for correction
I) My poor student would need a hand...

It’s LATE BY night and I’M driving on a DESERTED COUNTRY road. I’M far FROM home. AS I check THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR, I realize there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE HIDDEN on the ground of THE back SEAT. I can’t stop and the THING IS starting TO ROUSE and it SEEMS TO have MOVED. CAREFULLY I dial 912 but MY phone does tremendous NOISE and the « THING » is now DEFINITELY MOVING. What TO do ? Suddenly, I REMIND « Fortune favours the BRAVE » and I DECIDE TO STOP MY car.

II) Exercice de reconnaissance des mots
Don't forget that you mustn't (DRINK) one (DROP) of my (POTION) ... if you do, you'll be (BANNED) out of my (HOUSE) and (TURNED INTO (AN) (UGLY) and (CROAKING) (TOAD)!

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de icare29, postée le 06-11-2017 à 23:25:36 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and all hardworkers here is my work... OK FOR CORRECTION

HELP YOUR STUDENT
It is leite the night and your driving on a desertid contry road ? You are far to you're home like you check you're mirors you realize there is some thing or some one hidding on the ground of your back sit you can't stop and the think starting rouling and it seem like it have mouved carrefuly you dialed 912 but your phone does tremendous noize and the « sink » is now defntly mouving what shall do I .suddenly I remember the fortune favours the braves and I decideing stopping a car

it is late in the night and you are driving on a deserted country road . You are far from home . As you look at your rear -view mirror you realize that there is something hidden on the back seat .You can't stop the car and the thing is starting to roll and IT seems like it is moving . Carefully , you dial 912 but your phone does a tremendous noise and the thing is now definitely moving . What can you do ?you suddenly remember the fortune favours the brave and you decide to stop your car

Thank you for your new test and HAVE A NICE DAY

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de joe39, postée le 07-11-2017 à 11:13:57 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
After racking my brain a lot I herewith submit you my work,
which is ready to be corrected.

Rack your brain 9/and help

It is LATE AT night and YOU ARE DRIVING ALONG A DESERTED COUNTRY road? You are far FROM YOUR HOME AND, AS you check YOUR REAR-VIEW MIRROR, you realize
there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE hiding on the ground BEHIND YOUR SEAT. You can’t stop and the thing STARTS ROLLING and it SEEMES AS IF it HAD MOVED WHILE you CAREFULLY DIAL THE 911, but your phone IS TREMENDOUSLY NOISY and the “THING” is now DEFINITELY MOVING. What SHOULD I DO? Suddenly I remember that fortune favours the BOLD and I DECIDE TO STOP the car.

II) Exercice de reconnaissance des mots : Pour savoir ce que la sorcière dit à son chat, il vous suffit ( ) de remplacer chaque lettre entre parenthèses par un mot choisi dans la ligne indiquée par le chiffre ...

1. eating - learn - eat - be - drop - borrow - drink - run - forgive -
2. mouth- head - leg - box - drop - tongue - dog - - diamond
3. micro - soda - champagne - potion - crumble - soup-
4. entering |banned | welcome | guest | exile
5. car| family| house | class| group
6. became | run up | turned into | expelled | sent | receiving
7. my| their | the | a | that | whose |an
8. important| poor | ugly | marvelous| extraordinary
9. barking| miaowing | neighing | croaking| trumpetting |clucking
10. unicorn | horse | mare| toad | wolf |spider

Don’t forget that you mustn’t DRINK one DROP of my POTION…. If you do, you’ll be BANNED out of my FAMILY and TURNED INTO an UGLY CROAKING TOAD.

Thanking you very much I wish you a great week.
So long
Joe39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 12-11-2017 20:05

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de boubouille, postée le 07-11-2017 à 22:06:33 (S | E)
Hello dear Here, hello everybody
Here is my work. ok for correction

I ) It is leite the night and your driving on a desertid contry road ? You are far to you’re home like you check you’re mirors you realize there is some thing or some one hidding on the ground of your back sit you can’t stop and the think starting rouling and it seem like it have mouved carrefuly you dialed 912 but your phone does tremendous noize and the « sink » is now defntly mouving what shall do I .suddenly I remember the fortune favours the braves and I decideing stopping a car

1) It is LATE AT night and YOU ARE driving on a DESERTED COUNTRY road? You are FAR AWAY FROM home. HOW DO you check, YOUR MIRRORS, you realize? There is SOMETHING WHERE SOMEONE, THAT HIDING on the ground of your back SEAT? You can’t stop you and the think STARKING ROLLING. And, it SEEMS like it have MOVED CAREFULLY you dialed 912 but, your phone does tremendous NOISE and then « THING » is now DEFIANTLY MOVING what shall do I. Suddenly, I remember the fortune favours the braves and I DECIDE TO STOP a car.

II ) Don’t forget that you mustn’t drink one drop of my potion...if you do, you’ll be banned out of my house and turned into an ugly and croaking toad !

Good morning Here ! A very good day ! Here it rain !
here's my dear here, I'm done. I thank you very much for this exercise-game, it is excellent, I like a lot. Tell me, if I am able to improve where if I am a real disaster ...

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de goku, postée le 09-11-2017 à 19:08:02 (S | E)
Hello ,

READY FOR CORRECTION

I) My poor student would need a hand...(or brains !)

IT'S LATE the night, and YOU'RE driving on a DESERTIC country road, FAR AWAY FROM you're home. AS YOU'RE CHECKING your MIRRORS, you realize THAT there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE HIDING on the FLOOR of your back SEAT, you can't stop and the THING IS starting TO ROLL and it SEEMS like it's moving CAREFULLY. You ARE DIALING 912 but your phone IS DOING tremendous NOISE and the "THING" is now DEFINITELY moving. What shall I DO? SUDDENLY, I remember the fortune FAVORS the braves and I decide to stop the car.

II) Exercice de reconnaissance des mots
Don't forget you mustn't drink one drop of my potion ... if you do so, you'll be exile out of my house and turned into an ugly and croaking toad.

-------------------
Modifié par goku le 11-11-2017 16:31

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de maxwell, postée le 12-11-2017 à 09:41:02 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
Good idea to feature an ugly witch for Halloween, just as we love them
I)
It is LATE IN the night and YOU'RE driving on a DESERTED COUNTRY road[.] You are far FROM YOUR home[.] AS you check YOUR MIRROR[,] you realize (THAT) there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE HIDING on the FLOOR of your BACKSEAT[;] you can’t (MAKE A) stop and the THING STARTS ROLLING and it SEEMS AS IF it HAS MOVED CAREFULLY[.] YOU DIAL 112 (*) but your phone MAKES A tremendous NOISE and the « THING » is now DEFINITELY MOVING[.] WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN MY PLACE[?] SUDDENLY[,] I remember THAT [] fortune favours the BOLD and I DECIDE TO STOP MY(**) car[.]
(*) j'ai mis 112 pour être sûr qu'on est au Royaume-Uni, d'où la correction de : it seems like
(**) j'ai supposé que c'était un homme qui parlait, donc my au lieu de the...

II)
Don't forget that you mustn't DRINK one DROP of my POTION ... if you do, you'll be BANNED out of my HOUSE and TURNED INTO AN UGLY and CROAKING TOAD!

Réponse : Rack your brains 9/and Help de here4u, postée le 13-11-2017 à 17:11:32 (S | E)
Hello !

Here is the correction!

I)My poor student would need a hand...(or brains !) please HELP… will you?

Vous avez souvent oublié de ponctuer ... et de corriger l'unique signe qui avait été mis (le point d'interrogaion à la fin de la première phrase qui était FAUX !

It is late at night and you’re driving on a deserted country road… You're far from home. As you check your mirror, you realize there is something, or someone, hiding on the floor of your back seat. You can’t stop and the thing starts rolling and it looks as if it had moved. Carefully, you dial 911 (or 112), but your phone is tremendously noisy and the «thing» is now definitely moving…
"What should I do?" Suddenly I remember « Fortune favours the brave » and I decide to stop my/the car…

- in the morning/ in the evening/ in the afternoon/ mais at night/ at noon/ at weekends/
- far from
- "ground" est pour le sol à l'extérieur. pour l'intérieur, utiliser "floor".
- back seat ou backseat
- Ne confondez pas "thing" (une chose) et "think" (penser)
- "like + verb" = acceptable en américain, mais pas en => "AS + verbe" et ici, as if = comme si, qui introduit un passé de l'irréel (La "chose" a-t-elle vraiment bougé ?)
- Téléphone d'urgence aux USA = 911; en Europe, dans la plupart des pays = 112. (C'était méchant !)

Lien internet

Lien internet

II) Exercice de reconnaissance des mots :

Don't forget that you mustn't DRINK one DROP of my POTION... If you do, you'll be BANNED out of my HOUSE and TURNED INTO AN UGLY and CROAKING TOAD !

I hope you had fun!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux