Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Rack your Brains and Help/16

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 11-02-2018 à 22:24:22 (S | E | F)
Hello Dear friends!

Semaine "un peu" tourmentée, entre autres par la météo exécrable qui a sévi dans le pays ... Mon cerveau est encore un peu gelé, je pense ...
Vous avez beaucoup travaillé, et (vous l'avez dit ...) soupiré devant la difficulté de l'exercice précédent.
J'espère que celui-ci restera pour vous ludique comme je le souhaite, tout en vous apprenant autant que vous le souhaitez ...

Comme beaucoup d'entre vous ont peiné sur "les remises en ordre", j'ai imaginé refaire un peu d'entraînement à cet exercice avant de vous remettre à la torture. Je vous donne THE FORCE... This exercise is a one, and will be corrected on Tuesday, February 27th, late...

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! (sigh!) My Student has read a strange report from a kid telling about his love for « Snow » and « Snow Days ». He has tried to write to you about what he remembers, but I’m afraid there are « a few mistakes » left... Can you correct them for him, please?

when i were kid a besser part in Winter was when you understand it was snow fall enough into get out school in this day the idea of goting a snowday were a cheris evenment and one of the more exiting surprise of childness Id been wiching whole month for snow at the holidays like it just feel bit more festive that way i sticked to regular wishing there are actual other way to make snow appear like turn yor pajama upside down and wear it to sleepin its part of child folklore an another way of conjure snow is to place a cub of ice in the toilets and flush them at last this is related to something cold every one cub and flush represent the number of inch of snow you like to receive in exchange for act in so strange aparantely you can also put a spoon above yor pillowcase to bring snow but i kant for life of me understand the point of that one this superstition are simpely up date of the many old tradition of the snow danse witch is an another opchon of hit an fortunately it also bringed biter cold witch wasnt realy on the wich list so were been hidding indoor all the day

II) Reconnaissance des mots d’une phrase : en vous aidant du "guide" ci-dessous, cherchez dans la ligne (correspondant à la lettre) le mot qui convient et reconstituez la « phrase mystère »… (vous pouvez relire l’exercice 117209 pour vous aider à démarrer !)

For (A) and (B), « Snow Day » (C) with (D) ; well (E) in their winter (F), they start making (G) (H) (I) to have a (J) (K) for long (L) (M);

(A)- THE ELDERLY/ DOGS/ DRIVERS/ KIDS/ WARMING/ YOURS/ IMPOSSIBLE/ WHILE/ FALL/ ANCESTORS/ SETTLERS/ PIONEERS/
(B)- POLICEMEN/ POSTMEN/ TEENAGERS/ WELCOMING/ CRYING/ CLOSED/ CONTRARY/ PILGRIMS/ TURKEY/ TEACHER/ PALS/
(C)- MEANT/ MEANING/ RIMED/ RHYME/ RHYMES/ RYTHMS/ SOUND/ LOOKED/ ELSE/ DRAW/SINGS/ SLIDES/ SKIDS/ STOPS/
(D)- ORDEAL/ SLIPPERY/ MAY/ WAY/ HAY/ HOLIDAY/ MONDAY/ TRUDGE/ SKID/BID/ RID/ REED/ DEAL/ TERM/ SEMESTER/ YEAR/
(E)- PROTECT/ PROTECTING/ WRAP/ WRAPING/ WRAPED/ WRAPPED/ RAPED/ RAPING/ UNLESS/COVERING/ COVER/ BLANKET/
(F)- CARS/ SLEDGE/ GLOVES/ BOOTS/ POLISH/ PURPLE/ CLOTHES/ GOGGLES/GOOGLE/ SKIS/ BEARS/ SKIN/ FURRY/ NOISILY/ YET/
(G)- CASTELS/ PIES/ SNOWMAN/ SNOWMEN/ DAMS/ MINES/ NOSES/ CARROTS/ BEANS/ HAMBURGERS/ HOUSES/ TEPEES/ HUTS/
(H)- WHILE/ YET/ WHO/ WHICH/ WITCH/ ELSE/ AND/ WHOSE/ WHERE/ WHEN/ WHENEVER/ WHEREVER/ WHATEVER/ WHAT/
(I)- HOTELS/ INNS/ COUNTRY HOUSES/ BASEMENT/ ATTIC/ CELLAR/ TENTS/ TEPEES/ IGLOOS/ CAVES/ CASTLES/ SHELTERING/
(J)- BORING/ BORED/ INTERESTING/ INTERESTED/ DRAMATIC/ FUNNY/ RED/ BLUE/ PINK/ RADIOACTIVE/ OFFENSIVE/ DIRE/
(K)- KITCHEN/ PILE/ JUMPER/ ROLL/ BLANKET/ WINDY/ WARMLY/ SHELTER/ BED/ BOOT/ CAMP/ PRIVATE/ INDEPENDENT/
(L)- YEARS/ CENTURIES/ SLEEP/ LAUGHTER/ TEARS/ MINUTES/ MONTHS/ NIGHTS/ OVERNIGHT/ OVER/ FINISHED/ DISTRIBUTE/
(M)- CLOSE/ CLOSED/ LOSE/ LOOSE/ MEANTIME/ OUTSIDE/ UPSTAIRS/ DOWNSTAIRS/ SOUTHBOUND/ TOWARDS/ ABOVE/

Merci de mettre les mots trouvés en MAJUSCULES dans votre phrase.

Si vous le demandez vraiment, je vous mettrai une image pour "orienter" plus vite votre recherche ...mais pas avant une semaine ! je suis certaine que vous pouvez trouver sans aide ... You're the best!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de chocolatcitron, postée le 17-02-2018 à 21:52:34 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 11-02-2018 à 22:24:22 FINISHED !
Hello Dear Here4u, thank you for these new and interesting exercises !

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! (sigh!) My Student has read a strange report from a kid telling about his love for « Snow » and « Snow Days ». He has tried to write to you about what he remembers, but I’m afraid there are « a few mistakes » left... Can you correct them for him, please?

when i were kid a besser part in Winter was when you understand it was snow fall enough into get out school in this day the idea of goting a snowday were a cheris evenment and one of the more exiting surprise of childness Id been wiching whole month for snow at the holidays like it just feel bit more festive that way i sticked to regular wishing there are actual other way to make snow appear like turn yor pajama upside down and wear it to sleepin its part of child folklore an another way of conjure snow is to place a cub of ice in the toilets and flush them at last this is related to something cold every one cub and flush represent the number of inch of snow you like to receive in exchange for act in so strange aparantely you can also put a spoon above yor pillowcase to bring snow but i kant for life of me understand the point of that one this superstition are simpely up date of the many old tradition of the snow danse witch is an another opchon of hit an fortunately it also bringed biter cold witch wasnt realy on the wich list so were been hidding indoor all the day

Here is my little help :
WHEN I WAS A kid, THE BEST part in Winter was when you UNDERSTOOD it was SNOWFALL enough, IN ORDER TO get out OF school. ON THAT day, the idea of GETTING a snowday WAS a CHERISH EVENT, and one of the MOST EXCITING surprise FOR CHILDHOOD. I WISHED I GOT THE whole month for SNOWING ON HOLIDAY, AS it just feel A bit more festive. THAT way I DISPLAYED MY regular WISHES: there WERE, IN actual FACT, other MEANS to make snow appear, AS turn UPSIDE DOWN YOUR pajama, and wear ON it FOR SLEEPING. IT WAS A part of CHILDREN'S folklore, an another way TO BEG snow TO FALL DOWN, WAS to SET AN ICE CUBE INTO the TOILET, and TO flush them. At last, this WAS related FOR something cold : every one CUBE and flush REPRESENTED the number of INCHES of snow you LIKED to receive in exchange for ACTING.
SO strange APPARENTLY: you COULD also put a spoon, UNDER YOUR pillowcase, to bring snow, but I COUNTED for MY life. TO understand the point of THOSE SUPERSTITIONS WHICH WERE SIMPLY up date FOR many old TRADITIONS ABOUT snow DANCE, WHICH WERE another OPTION FROM IT, UNFORTUNATELY. IT also BROUGHT BITTER cold WITCHES, IT WASN'T RELIED on the WHICH list, so HAD been hidding indoor, ALL day LONG.

II) Reconnaissance des mots d’une phrase : en vous aidant du "guide" ci-dessous, cherchez dans la ligne (correspondant à la lettre) le mot qui convient et reconstituez la « phrase mystère »… (vous pouvez relire l’exercice 117209 pour vous aider à démarrer !)
For (A) and (B), « Snow Day » (C) with (D) ; well (E) in their winter (F), they start making (G) (H) (I) to have a (J) (K) for long (L) (M);
Here is my sentence :
For KIDS and TEENAGERS,«Snow Day» RHYMES with HOLIDAY ; well COVERING in their Winter CLOTHES they start making SNOWMEN AND IGLOOS to have a FUNNY CAMP for long MONTHS OUTSIDE.

I give the force back to you for marking...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de taiji43, postée le 19-02-2018 à 17:49:44 (S | E)
hello, dear Here this part is ready to be corrected

(A)- THE ELDERLY/ DOGS/ DRIVERS/ KIDS/ WARMING/ YOURS/ IMPOSSIBLE/ WHILE/ FALL/ ANCESTORS/ SETTLERS/ PIONEERS/
(B)- POLICEMEN/ POSTMEN/ TEENAGERS/ WELCOMING/ CRYING/ CLOSED/ CONTRARY/ PILGRIMS/ TURKEY/ TEACHER/ PALS/
(C)- MEANT/ MEANING/ RIMED/ RHYME/ RHYMES/ RYTHMS/ SOUND/ LOOKED/ ELSE/ DRAW/SINGS/ SLIDES/ SKIDS/ STOPS/
(D)- ORDEAL/ SLIPPERY/ MAY/ WAY/ HAY/ HOLIDAY/ MONDAY/ TRUDGE/ SKID/BID/ RID/ REED/ DEAL/ TERM/ SEMESTER/ YEAR/
(E)- PROTECT/ PROTECTING/ WRAP/ WRAPING/ WRAPED/ WRAPPED/ RAPED/ RAPING/ UNLESS/COVERING/ COVER/ BLANKET/
(F)- CARS/ SLEDGE/ GLOVES/ BOOTS/ POLISH/ PURPLE/ CLOTHES/ GOGGLES/GOOGLE/ SKIS/ BEARS/ SKIN/ FURRY/ NOISILY/ YET/
(G)- CASTELS/ PIES/ SNOWMAN/ SNOWMEN/ DAMS/ MINES/ NOSES/ CARROTS/ BEANS/ HAMBURGERS/ HOUSES/ TEPEES/ HUTS/
(H)- WHILE/ YET/ WHO/ WHICH/ WITCH/ ELSE/ AND/ WHOSE/ WHERE/ WHEN/ WHENEVER/ WHEREVER/ WHATEVER/ WHAT/
(I)- HOTELS/ INNS/ COUNTRY HOUSES/ BASEMENT/ ATTIC/ CELLAR/ TENTS/ TEPEES/ IGLOOS/ CAVES/ CASTLES/ SHELTERING/
(J)- BORING/ BORED/ INTERESTING/ INTERESTED/ DRAMATIC/ FUNNY/ RED/ BLUE/ PINK/ RADIOACTIVE/ OFFENSIVE/ DIRE/
(K)- KITCHEN/ PILE/ JUMPER/ ROLL/ BLANKET/ WINDY/ WARMLY/ SHELTER/ BED/ BOOT/ CAMP/ PRIVATE/ INDEPENDENT/
(L)- YEARS/ CENTURIES/ SLEEP/ LAUGHTER/ TEARS/ MINUTES/ MONTHS/ NIGHTS/ OVERNIGHT/ OVER/ FINISHED/ DISTRIBUTE/
(M)- CLOSE/ CLOSED/ LOSE/ LOOSE/ MEANTIME/ OUTSIDE/ UPSTAIRS/ DOWNSTAIRS/ SOUTHBOUND/ TOWARDS/ ABOVE/

For KIDS and TEENAGERS Snow Day RHYMES with HOLIDAY; well WRAPPED in their CLOTHES, they start making SNOWMEN AND IGLLOOS to have a FUNNY SHELTER for long MONTHS OUTSIDE

-------------------

Dear HERE4U you can correct my correction Really I am not very good at English but your student is really bad and I can't correct him succesfully

………………………………………………..
WHEN I WAS A kid, THE BEST part in Winter was when you UNDERSTOOD it was SNOWING ENOUGH, TO GET OUT OF SCHOOL THAT day, the idea of GETTING a SNOW DAY WAS a CHERISHED EVENT, and one of the MOST EXCITING SURPRISE OF MYCHILDHOOD.

I WISHED, I GOT A whole month for SNOWFALLS ON HOLIDAY, AS If it just felt A bit more festive. THAT way I DISPLAYED MY USUAL WISHES:THAT there WERE, ACTUALLY , other WAYS to make snow appear: AS turn UPSIDE DOWN YOUR PYJAMAS , and wearing IT TO SLEEP WAS A part of the CHILDISH FOLKLORE

ANOTHER way OF IMPLORING snow TO FALL DOWN, WAS to THROW an ICE CUBES INTO the TOILET, and flush it.

At last, this WAS related to something cold : EACH CUBE and flush REPRESENTED the number of INCHES of snow you WOULD LIKE to receive in exchange, TO ACT

APPARENTLY SO strange: you COULD also put a spoon, UNDER YOUR pillowcase, to bring DOWN snow, but I COULDN’T UNDERSTAND for ALL MY life. the MEANING of that one

THOSE SUPERSTITIONS are SIMPLY UPDATES OF many old TRADITIONS ABOUT snow DANCE, WHICH WAS another OPTION FROM IT,.UNFORTUNATELY. IT also BROUGHT BITTER cold WITCHES, that WASN'TREALLY on the WHICH list, so WE WERE BEEN HIDING indoor, ALL day LONG.

Modifié par taiji43 le 22-02-2018 17:43

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de tereda, postée le 19-02-2018 à 18:14:51 (S | E)
hello friends and you HERE4U
I racked my brain as much as I could...

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!
When I was a kid, the best moment in Winter was when we understood it was snowing fall enough to GET OUT OF school that day ; the idea of getting a snow day were a cherished event and one of the most exciting surprise of childhood.
I wished a whole month of snow at the holidays as if it just felt a bit more festive that way i stickled to regularly wishing there are actual other ways to make snow appears like turning your pajamas upside down and wearing it to sleep.

In the child folklore, another way of conjure snow is to place a cub of ice in the toilets and flush them. At last this is related to something cold, every one cub and flush represent the number of inches of snow you like to receive in exchange for act.
so strange apparently you can also put a spoon above your pillowcase to bring snow but I can't understand for life of me the point of that one, this superstition is simply up date of the many old traditions of the snow dance which is an another option of hit an fortunately it also brought bitter cold which wasn't really on the wish list so we're been hiding indoor all the day.

II) Reconnaissance des mots d’une phrase
for KIDS (a) and (b) TEENAGERS , « snow day » (c RHYMES with (d) HOLIDAY; well (e) WRAPPED in their winter CLOTHES (f), they start making (g) SNOWMEN (h) and IGLOOS (i) to have a (j)FUNNY (k) SHELTER for long NIGHTS (l) OUTSIDE (m);

FINISHED
Thank you

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de alpiem, postée le 21-02-2018 à 09:51:46 (S | E)
hello everyone!
HELP YOUR STUDENT N° 16;Very funny exercises!!READY TO CORRECT

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! (sigh!) My Student has read a strange report from a kid telling about his love for « Snow » and « Snow Days ». He has tried to write to you about what he remembers, but I'm afraid there are « a few mistakes » left... Can you correct them for him, please?

when i were kid a besser part in Winter was when you understand it was snow fall enough into get out school in this day the idea of goting a snowday were a cheris evenment and one of the more exiting surprise of childness Id been wiching whole month for snow at the holidays like it just feel bit more festive that way i sticked to regular wishing there are actual other way to make snow appear like turn yor pajama upside down and wear it to sleepin its part of child folklore an another way of conjure snow is to place a cub of ice in the toilets and flush them at last this is related to something cold every one cub and flush represent the number of inch of snow you like to receive in exchange for act in so strange aparantely you can also put a spoon above yor pillowcase to bring snow but i kant for life of me understand the point of that one this superstition are simpely up date of the many old tradition of the snow danse witch is an another opchon of hit an fortunately it also bringed biter cold witch wasnt realy on the wich list so were been hidding indoor
all the day

When I WAS a kid, the BEST part in winter was when WE understOOD THERE had fallen enough snow for US to be kept out
of school this day ! The idea of GETTING a "Snow Day" WAS a cherishED evenEment and one of the MOST exCiting surprise of
CHILDHOOD I'd WISHED throughout the whole month .For snow IN the holidays, AS it just feels a bit more festive that way, I sticked to regularly wishing THAT there were actualLY other wayS to make snow appear like turn yoUr pajamas upside
down and wear it WHEN sleepinG IS part of child folklore. ANOTHER way of CONJURING snow is BY PLACING ICE CUBES in the
toilets and flush them, At the least this is related to something cold ,every cube and flush representing the number of
INCHES of snow you like to receive in exchange for an act APPARENTLY so strange .You can also put a spoon above YOUR
pillowcase to bring snow but I couldn't for all my life HAVE understOOD the point of that one. THOSE superstitions
are SIMPLY a RECOLECTION of the many old traditions of the "Snow dance" WHICH is another OPTION for it AND UNFORTUNATE
-LY it also BROUGHT BITTER cold WHICH was not realy on the WISHES list AS WE WERE hidding indoor THROUGHOUT the day.

II) Reconnaissance des mots d'une phrase : en vous aidant du "guide" ci-dessous, cherchez dans la ligne (correspondant à la lettre) le mot qui convient et reconstituez la « phrase mystère »? (vous pouvez relire l'exercice 117209 pour vous aider à démarrer !)

For THE ELDERLY and TEENAGERs, "Snow Day" RHYMES with HOLIDAY; well WRAPED in their winter CLOTHES, they start making
SNOWMEN AND IGLOOS to have a FUNNY SHELTER fo long LAUGHTER OUTSIDE.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de joe39, postée le 21-02-2018 à 18:12:32 (S | E)
Dear here4u

Please find hereunder my try, ready to be corrected.

when i were kid a besser part in Winter was when you understand it was snow fall enough into get out school in this day the idea of goting a snowday were a cheris evenment and one of the more exiting surprise of childness Id been wiching whole month for snow at the holidays like it just feel bit more festive that way i sticked to regular wishing there are actual other way to make snow appear like turn yor pajama upside down and wear it to sleepin its part of child folklore an another way

of conjure snow is to place a cub of ice in the toilets and flush them at last this is related to something cold every one cub and flush represent the number of inch of snow you like to receive in exchange for act in so strange aparantely you can also put a spoon above yor pillowcase to bring snow
but i kant for life of me understand the point of that one this superstition are simpely up date of the many old tradition of the snow danse witch is an another opchon of hit an fortunately it also bringed biter cold witch wasnt realy on the wich list so were been hidding indoor all the day

WHEN I WAS a kid, the BEST part OF winter was when you UNDERSTOOD it was SNOWING enough to get OUT OF GOING TO SCHOOL THAT day. The idea of GETTING a “SNOW DAY” WAS a CHEERED event and one of the MOST EXCITING SURPRISES of MY CHILDHOOD. I HAD been WAITING A MONTH for THE SNOW TO COME TO COME DURING the holidays. Just like TO feel it BY A bit more festive way, I STUCK AT NOTHING MY regular wishing, SINCE there are ACTUALLY other WAYS to make snow APPEAR, like: turn YOUR PYJAMA INSIDE OUT and DRESS it to sleep IT’S part of CHILDREN’S folklore. ANOTHER way to conjure snow is to place AN ice CUBE INTO the toilet BOWL and flush IT. At LEAST this is related to something cold THAT every cube and flush represent, THAT IS: the number of INCHES of snow you WOULD like to receive in exchange OF SUCH AN APPARENTLY strange KIND OF PROPITIATORY RITE. You can also put a spoon above YOUR PILLOW to bring THE snow TO Fall, but I WOULDN'T have the time of my life, trying to understand the point of doing that. These superstitions are SYMPLE OUTDATES of the many old traditions RELATED TO the snow DANCE, that is another OPTION TO HEATING oneself. Unfortunately it could HAD brought BITTER cold, WHICH wasn't ACTUALLY on the WISH list, so I was HIDING indoor all day LONG.

For KIDS (a) and (b) TEENAGERS , « snow day » (c RHYMES with (d) HOLIDAY; well (e) WRAPPED in their winter CLOTHES (f), they start making (g) SNOWMEN (h) AND (i) IGLOOS (i) to have a (j)FUNNY (k) SHELTER for long LAUGHTER (l) OUTSIDE (m);

Thanking for the “icy” exercise, I wish you a pleasant evening.

So long.
Joe 39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 25-02-2018 19:43

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de djim21, postée le 21-02-2018 à 20:25:14 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Currently, if there is a cold snap over France, it's because I have tried a spoon below my pillowcase. Sorry !!!
Keep you in the warm.
ready for correction
I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!
when i were kid a besser part in Winter was when you understand it was snow fall enough into get out school
in this day the idea of goting a snowday were a cheris evenment and one of the more exiting surprise of childness
Id been wiching whole month for snow at the holidays like it just feel bit more festive that way i sticked to regular wishing
there are actual other way to make snow appear like turn yor pajama upside down and wear it to sleepin its part of child folklore
an another way of conjure snow is to place a cub of ice in the toilets and flush them
at last this is related to something cold every one cub and flush represent the number of inch of snow you like to receive in exchange for act
in so strange aparantely you can also put a spoon above yor pillowcase to bring snow but i kant for life of me understand the point of that one
this superstition are simpely up date of the many old tradition of the snow danse witch is an another opchon of hit an fortunately it also bringed biter cold witch wasnt realy on the wich list so were been hidding indoor all the day

WHEN I WAS A kid, THE BEST part OF THE WINTER was when I UNDERSTOOD it was FALLEN ENOUGH SNOW TO get out OF THE school.
ON this day, the idea of GETTING a SNOW DAY WAS a CHERISHED EVENT and one of the MOST EXCITING surprise of MY CHILHOOD.
I HAD BEEN WISHED FOR A whole month for snow DURING the holidays ; like THAT, THEY just WOULD BE more festive AND I sticked regular WISHINGS.
THERE ARE ACTUALLY other WAYS to make snow APPEARS, like TURNING YOUR PYJAMAS INSIDE OUT and WEARING it to sleep ; IT IS part of THE CHILDISH folklore.
AN OTHER way TO conjure THE snow is PLACING ICE CUBES in the toilets and FLUSHING.
AT LAST, this is related to COLD SOMETHING : EACH CUBE and FLUSH REPRESENTS the number of INCHES of snow you WOULD like to receive in exchange OF YOUR act.
In APPARENTLY so strange, you can also put a spoon BELOW YOUR pillowcase to bring THE snow, but for MY LIFE, I CAN’T understand the point of THIS one.
This SUPERTITION IS SIMPLY UPDATED FROM the many old TRADITIONS of the snow danse WHICH is an OTHER OPTION of IT.
UNFORTUNATELY, it also BROUGHT A BITTER cold WHICH WASN’T REALLY on the WISHES list, SO WE HAD been HIDING INDOORS all the day.

II) Reconnaissance des mots d’une phrase :

For KIDS and TEENAGERS, « Snow Day » RHYMES with HOLIDAY ; well WRAPPED in their winter CLOTHES, they start making SNOWMEN AND IGLOOS to have a FUNNY SHELTER for long MINUTES CLOSED.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de icare29, postée le 23-02-2018 à 11:15:24 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and all hardworkers , here is my work

when i were kid a besser part in winter was when you understand that the layer of snowfall was thick enough for avoiding to go to school. in this day the idea of goting a snowday were a cheris evenment and one of the more exiting surprise of childness Id been wiching whole month for snow at the holidays like it just feel bit more festive that way i sticked to regular wishing there are actual other way to make snow appear like turn yor pajama upside down and wear it to sleepin its part of child folklore an another way of conjure snow is to place a cub of ice in the toilets and flush them at last this is related to something cold every one cub and flush represent the number of inch of snow you like to receive in exchange for act in so strange aparantely you can also put a spoon above yor pillowcase to bring snow but i kant for life of me understand the point of that one this superstition are simpely up date of the many old tradition of the snow danse witch is an another opchon of hit an fortunately it also bringed biter cold witch wasnt realy on the wich list so were been hidding indoor all the day .

HERE IS CORRECTION
When I was a kid, the best moment of the day in Winter was when we understood that the layer of snowfall was thick enough for avoiding to go to school ; the idea of getting a snow day was a cherished event and one of the most exciting surprise of my childhood.
I wished to have snow during the whole month on the holiday . As if I felt a little bit more festive in this way , I regularly stickled and wished that there were other actual ways to make snow fall like turning my pyjamas upside down and wearing it to sleep.
In child's imaginary, another way to conjure snow is to place a cube of ice in the toilets and flush it . These actions are related to cold things , every cube and flush represent the number of inches of snow you would like to receive in exchange of your acts .
So strange apparently you can also put a spoon above your pillowcase to bring snowfall but I can't understand for the life of me the purpose of that , this superstition would simply be the update of many old traditions like snow dances which were another options to heat yourselves
Unfortunately ,these superstitions can also bring bitter cold weather, which wasn't really on the wish list, so we were staying inside home all day long and quietly reading H.G Wells' Tono-Bungay book , near the fireplace... ( perhaps doing an English test given by our dear Here4u).....

HERE IS MY SENTENCE
For KIDS and TEENAGERS, « Snow Day » RHYMES with HOLIDAY ; well WRAPPED in their winter CLOTHES, they start making SNOWMEN AND IGLOOS to have a FUNNY SHELTER for long NIGHTS ABOVE....

It's extraordinary !! ,Here4u always give us the force to go to the end of her difficult exercises ..... many thanks to her

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de here4u, postée le 24-02-2018 à 20:28:59 (S | E)
Hello!

Je commence les transferts de corrections ce soir ...

Courage aux last-minute posters ...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de magie8, postée le 25-02-2018 à 00:12:10 (S | E)
HELLO EVERYBODY I am very late this time too much problems in my life this week.
help my student ready to correct , I can not work more ! too busy
When I WAS A kid, the BEST part in winter ( sans majuscule saison) was when we UNDERSTOOD it HAD SNOWED enough TO get out OF school ON THAT day. The idea of GETTING a snow-day WAS a CHERISHED EVENT, and one of the MOST EXCITING surprise of MY CHILDHOOD . I WISHED I got A whole month OF SNOWFALL IN the holidays.AS it just FEELS A bit more festive.THAT way I sticked MY regular wishe: there WAS IN actual ANOTHER way to make snow appear,AS turn UPSIDE DOWN YOUR pajama and TO wear it FOR SLEEPING . IT IS part of CHILDISH folklore .ANOTHER way TO conjure UP snow is to SET ICE CUBES INTO the toilets and TO flush ITS .
At LONG last, this related to something cold every one CUBE and flush REPRESENTED the number of INCHES of snow THAT you WOULD like to receive in exchange FOR THIS act.(so strange!!! APPARENTLY).
You CAN also put a spoon above YOUR pillowcase to bring snow but I COULD NOT for ALL MY life have understood the point of that one?
This superstition is SIMPLY UPDATE FROM the many old traditions of the snow DANCE WHICH IS ANOTHER OPTION FOR HEATING ONESELF. UNFORTUNATELY it also BROUGHT BITTER cold which WAS NOT REALLY on the wish list so I had been HIDDING INDOORS ALL DAY LONG. big job

II) Reconnaissance des mots d'une phrase
For A) KIDS and B) TEENNGERS snow-day C) RHYMES with D) HOLIDAY,well E) WREPPED in their F) CLOTHES they start making G) SNOWMEN H) AND I) IGLOOS to have a J)FUNNY K) SHELTER for long L) NIGHTS M) OUTSIDE.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de maxwell, postée le 26-02-2018 à 20:40:38 (S | E)
FINISHED

Hello Here4U
It was a great pleasure as ever .
Mind you, I had to spend time on the word "toilets" to find out if the final "s" was wrong or not...
And fortunately, I've turned "sticked" into "stuck" at the last minute. I can imagine your face otherwise...

I) Help my student:

[W]hen [I] WAS A kid[,] a BETTER part in [w]inter was when you UNDERSTOOD THERE was ENOUGH SNOWFALL TO get out OF school ON this day[.] [T]he idea of GETTING a SNOW DAY WAS a CHERISHED EVENT and one of the MOST EXCITING SURPRISES of CHILDHOOD[.] I[']d been WISHING THE whole month for snow DURING the holidays AS IF it WERE just FEELING A bit more festive that way[.] [I] STUCK to regular WISHES BUT there are ACTUALLY other WAYS to make snow appear like TURNING YOUR PYJAMA upside down and WEARING it to SLEEP [:] IT'S part of CHILDHOOD folklore[;] AND another way of CONJURING snow is to place AN ICE CUBE in the TOILET and flush IT at last[.] [T]his is related to something cold[:] EACH (*) ICE CUBE FLUSHED REPRESENTS ONE inch of snow you WOULD like to receive in exchange for ACTING so strange (**) APPARENTLY[.] [Y]ou can also put a spoon ON YOUR pillowcase to bring snow but FOR MY SAKE, [I] CAN'T understand the point of that one [...] THESE SUPERSTITIONS are SIMPLY UPDATES of the many old TRADITIONS of the snow DANCE WHICH is [] another OPTION of IT[.] UNFORTUNATELY[,] it also BROUGHT BITTER cold WHICH WASN'T REALLY on the WISH list[,] so WE HAD been HIDING INSIDE all [] day[!]

(*) or : the number of ice cubes flushed represents the number of inch...
(**) j'ai hésité à mettre strangely, mais cela aurait fait 2 adverbes, ce qui aurait été lourd

II) For KIDS and TEENAGERS, « Snow Day » RHYMES with HOLIDAY ; well WRAPPED in their winter CLOTHES, they start making SNOWMEN AND IGLOOS to have a FUNNY SHELTER for long MINUTES OUTSIDE

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de here4u, postée le 27-02-2018 à 22:21:04 (S | E)
Hello Dear Frozen Friends!

You have all helped my Student, and he's grateful for it!

When I was a kid, the best part of/ about winter was when you realized there was enough snow falling to get out of school (on) that day. The idea of getting a snow day was a cherished event and one of the most exciting surprises of childhood. All month, I’d been wishing for snow on the holiday(s), as it just feels a bit more festive that way. I stuck with regular wishing, though there are actually other ways to make snow appear, like turning your pajamas inside out and wearing them to sleep. It’s part of child folklore to place a cube of ice in the toilet and flush it. At least this is related to something cold. Each cube and flush represents the number of inches of snow you’d like to receive in exchange for acting so weirdly. Apparently, you can also put a spoon under your pillow to bring snow, but for the life of me, I can’t understand the point of that one…
These superstitions are simply updates of the much older tradition of the snow dance, which is another option for it. Unfortunately, it also brought bitter cold, that wasn’t really on the wish list, so we’ve been hiding indoors all day.

The HIDDEN sentence...

For KIDS and TEENAGERS, « Snow Day » RHYMES with HOLIDAY; well WRAPPED UP in their winter CLOTHES, they start making SNOWMEN AND IGLOOS to have a FUNNY SHELTER for long MINUTES/ laughter OUTSIDE ;

Il n’y avait, pour chaque ligne, qu’UNE solution qui convenait … sauf à la rigueur, pour l’avant-dernière. Soyez de bons parents/ grands parents et ne laissez pas vos enfants passer la nuit (ou des mois , en encore moins des années … ;) à dormir dans leur igloo !

Comme pour le devoir précédent, je cherche UN(E) VOLONTAIRE pour nous donner la traduction du paragraphe corrigé écrit par mon mauvais élève … Merci !

and kids at work building...

Bravo à tous pour votre travail ... et pour avoir affronté le grand froid !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/16 de chocolatcitron, postée le 28-02-2018 à 01:13:55 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u !

Je suis volontaire, j'espère ne pas avoir trop écorché le texte en le traduisant, facile à comprendre, mais pas si facile à traduire dans un français élégant qui reste fidèle à l'original...

When I was a kid, the best part of/ about winter was when you realized there was enough snow falling to get out of school (on) that day. The idea of getting a snow day was a cherished event and one of the most exciting surprises of childhood. All month, I’d been wishing for snow on the holiday(s), as it just feels a bit more festive that way. I stuck with regular wishing, though there are actually other ways to make snow appear, like turning your pajamas inside out and wearing them to sleep. It’s part of child folklore to place a cube of ice in the toilet and flush it. At least this is related to something cold. Each cube and flush represents the number of inches of snow you’d like to receive in exchange for acting so weirdly. Apparently, you can also put a spoon under your pillow to bring snow, but for the life of me, I can’t understand the point of that one…These superstitions are simply updates of the much older tradition of the snow dance, which is another option for it. Unfortunately, it also brought bitter cold, that wasn’t really on the wish list, so we’ve been hiding indoors all day.

Quand j'étais enfant, la meilleure partie de l'hiver était quand vous réalisiez que suffisamment de neige tombait pour vous dispenser d'aller à l'école durant ce jour. L'idée d'avoir un jour enneigé était un précieux événement, et l'une des surprises les plus excitantes de l'enfance. Tout le mois, j'avais espéré la neige en vacances, dans le but que ce soit juste un peu plus festif ainsi. Je restais bloqué avec cet espoir régulier bien qu'il y ait d'autres façons de faire apparaître la neige, comme retourner votre pyjama sens dessus-dessous, et le porter ainsi pour dormir. Cela fait partie du folklore des enfants de placer un glaçon dans les wc, et de tirer la chasse. Au moins, c'est lié à quelque chose de froid. Chaque glaçon et chasse représente la hauteur en (pouces) centimètres de neige vous espériez recevoir en échange, pour agir si bizarrement. Apparemment, vous pouvez mettre aussi une cuillère sous un oreiller, pour faire neiger, mais de mon point de vue, je ne peux me résoudre à cette action.
Ces superstitions sont simplement dépassées, issues des plus anciennes traditions de la danse de la neige, qui est une autre cérémonie pour y parvenir. Malheureusement, cela apporte aussi un froid mordant, ce n'était pas vraiment dans la liste des espérances (le but recherché), nous nous planquions à l'intérieur toute la journée.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux