Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Playing with words /4

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Playing with words /4
Message de here4u posté le 09-02-2020 à 12:00:57 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends!

Voici le "Playing with words" promis pour le 2e week-end du mois ...
Je vous rappelle que cet exercice a des règles qui doivent être respectées. Lisez-les bien si vous ne connaissez pas ce travail qui est loin d'être un jeu ...

Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, + a given structure and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE.
- You CANNOT change the nature of the words!
- You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively!
PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THE GIVEN WORDS!

To TURN - to WONDER - a ROW – an ADVENTURE - CONSCIOUS - INTERMINABLE - NO SOONER – NOTHING BUT - + un auxiliaire modal au choix.

Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens.
Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, mais courte (entre 30 et 60 mots ...) Je le répète : elle doit avoir un sens et sa logique interne ! )
Cet exercice est TRES difficile, , c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne pouvez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
La date limite pour cet exercice est le vendredi 28 février 2020 tard. (Ne pas dépasser 60 mots … Merci. ) Voyons qui fera la plus belle phrase courte ... THE FORCE is with you !

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de maxwell, postée le 09-02-2020 à 12:45:20 (S | E)
Hello!
This time, I haven't tried to make the shortest sentence. It's a lot easier !

NO SOONER had the public lined up IN ROWS when he spoke up: "After two INTERMINABLE years of oppression, WONDERING why you've been treated as NOTHING BUT slaves, it's time for you, CONSCIOUS people, to TURN the tables and embark on an ADVENTURE that SHOULD release you from your condition!" (52)

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de papillonbleu, postée le 10-02-2020 à 02:44:40 (S | E)
Hello,
Why SHOULD I do that, was the question I TURNED in my mind during this INTERMINABLE day of work where I was CONSCIOUS, I was going to get NOTHING BUT the last ROW, and not sooner I had flown I WONDERED for AN ADVENTURE of a new kind ! (49)

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-02-2020 10:17
C'est mieux avec un petit "Hello" ...

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de muwi63, postée le 10-02-2020 à 09:29:17 (S | E)
Hello,
Here is my contribution:😀
WONDERING what I was doing there, and, CONSCIOUS that it COULD be a dangerous ADVENTURE, NO SOONER I turned left on this street lined with an INTERMINABLE ROW of horrible houses, that I thought I should give up because it was NOTHING BUT morbid curiosity.

Apart from the construction of the sentence, due to the rules of this exercise, It could be the beginning of a detective novel, isn't it? 😘😘
See you soon

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de marion77, postée le 10-02-2020 à 14:43:04 (S | E)
Hello sorry for This try, it’s my first one

For the first time in my life, I am WONDERING if I MIGHT go to live on an isle. I am CONSCIOUS that all I need is NOTHING BUT staying alone for a few months in a ROW. À such ADVENTURE could TURN to an INTERMINABLE fiasco so I’ll have to resist to come back home NO SOONER.

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de here4u, postée le 11-02-2020 à 08:15:48 (S | E)
Hello newcomers ! On this thread ...
You’re doing quite well !

You’re right, muwi ! I’ll adapt your sentence into the beginning of one of our future « our Story/ stories » ( go and have a look at the present one = Our Story 73!)
To You all.

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de radkhyn31, postée le 11-02-2020 à 22:51:16 (S | E)
Good evening,
Ok, i wanna give a try ! I did my best on it, but i think there's something wrong... Here we go :
After an INTERMINABLE week of working, NO SOONER was i back at home, i SHOULD NOT WONDER if my dog TURNED my house on its head, NOTHING BUT a miracle could make not this happen but i became CONSCIOUS of my dog was at my grandparents's home for three days in a ROW : What an epic ADVENTURE !

Je donne la traduction, de sorte que vous comprenez bien ce que je tente de vous faire comprendre à travers ma phrase ci-dessus 😫 :
Après une semaine de travail interminable, aussitôt que je sois rentré à la maison, je ne serai pas surpris si mon chien aurait laissé la maison sens dessus dessous, seul un miracle aurait pu faire que cela ne se produise pas mais j'ai soudainement pris conscience que mon chien était chez mes grands parents depuis trois jours, quel aventure !

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de joe39, postée le 16-02-2020 à 18:22:13 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
Please enjoy a little historical recollection,
ready to be checked

To TURN - to WONDER - a ROW – an ADVENTURE - CONSCIOUS - INTERMINABLE - NO SOONER – NOTHING BUT - + un auxiliaire modal au choix.

Desaix reached Marengo at 3.00 p.m. and NO SOONER had he arrived than he deployed his division, caring NOTHING BUT fight, CONCIOUS that Napoleon's risky ADVENTURE to fight in inferiority of numbers was a hard ROW to hoe, without WONDERING about why his commander had made this decision, which WOULD cost his life shortly after victoriously TURNING the outcome of the INTERMINABLE battle. **60

**Reference: battle of Marengo – June 14,1800.
Immediately after his arrival, Desaix met a very preoccupied Napoleon commented the situation in being as follows: “this battle is lost but we are on time for winning another one.” After a short while he fell, shot to death.
Napoleon had erroneously divided his army the day before, sending Desaix to cut
Melas way of retreat to Genoa, underestimating his adversary who, instead, wanted to face him in a decisive pitched battle which lasted 12 hours.

I wish you, thanking, a great week.

So long
Joe39

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de taiji43, postée le 19-02-2020 à 11:41:42 (S | E)
Hello HERE4U,

Here is my certified sentence without mistakes ????

READY TO BE CORRECTED👨‍🎓

NO SOONER had he finished his INTERMINABLE laboratory tests that he became CONSCIOUS that they COULD BE failures in A ROW; this situation TURNED worrisome and he WONDERED if this ADVENTURE was NOTHING BUT stubbornness = 34 WORDS

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de jbg83, postée le 24-02-2020 à 13:25:43 (S | E)
Hello!

Voici ma tentative, en espérant ne pas avoir fait trop d'erreurs^^

NO SOONER a military MUST join the Navy, he is not CONSCIOUS to the INTERMINABLE time he will lose in A ROW to wait TO TURN up himself; NOTHING BUT time TO WONDER what kind of ADVENTURE he will cross. (40 words)

Dès qu'un militaire rejoint la Marine, il n'est pas conscient du temps interminable qu'il va perdre dans les rangs à attendre de se présenter ; rien que le temps de se demander quelle sorte d'aventure il va traverser.

Thanks.
See you soon.

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de chocolatcitron, postée le 24-02-2020 à 17:35:38 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u!

Here is my work: 33 words.
NO SOONER had he TURNED to enter this skid ROW pub, as a cost CONSCIOUS he drank NOTHING BUT he WONDERED why he MUST smoke him out in that INTERMINABLE no ADVENTURE space.

À peine avait-il tourné pour entrer dans ce pub de bas-quartier, en tant que radin il n'a rien bu, mais il se demanda pourquoi il devait s'enfumer dans cet espace ennuyeux sans aventure. 🤣

Thanks for your marking.
Have a very sweet Week !
See you soon.

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de peticha, postée le 24-02-2020 à 21:55:27 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, thanks !

Here is my try:
NO SOONER had he left the third ROW, during that INTERMINABLE day, that a girl asked him for NOTHING BUT the toilets, he TURNED his head then mumbled, and WONDERED as he was self CONSCIOUS how he COULD live an ADVENTURE. 41 words.

À peine avait il quitté la troisième rangée, pendant ce jour ennuyeux, qu’une fille ne lui demanda rien d’autre que les toilettes, il tourna la tête, puis marmonna, et se demanda comme il était complexé, comment il pourrait-il vivre une aventure ?

Have a great Week!
So long.

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de here4u, postée le 28-02-2020 à 14:36:33 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Friends and co-workers,
Heureuse que cet exercice, que je sais être très formateur, reprenne de l’importance sur ce Forum ! Merci aux nouveaux arrivants !
J’ai travaillé, après vous, pour que vos phrases répondent à TOUTES LES RÈGLES IMPOSÉES (malgré les nécessités de corrections),qu'elles soient grammaticalement correctes et aient un sens. Je les ai donc, pour certaines, sensiblement remaniées. J’espère ne pas avoir trahi vos pensées et intentions.
Merci à vous pour ce travail, vrai que vous avez bien méritées …

- 1. NO SOONER had the public lined up IN ROWS when he spoke up: "After two INTERMINABLE years of oppression, WONDERING why you've been treated as NOTHING BUT slaves, it's time for you, CONSCIOUS people, to TURN the tables and embark on an ADVENTURE that SHOULD release you from your condition!" (52)

- 2. «Why SHOULD I do that », was the question I TURNED into my mind during this INTERMINABLE day of work when I was CONSCIOUS, I was going to get NOTHING BUT the last ROW ; and NO SOONER had I flown back than I WONDERED for AN ADVENTURE of a new kind ! (49)

- 3. WONDERING what I was doing there, and CONSCIOUS that it COULD be a dangerous ADVENTURE, then NO SOONER had I turned left on this street lined with an INTERMINABLE ROW of horrible houses, thaN I thought I should give up because it was NOTHING BUT morbid curiosity. (47)

- 4. For the first time in my life, I am WONDERING if I MIGHT go to live on an island. I am CONSCIOUS that all I need is NOTHING BUT stay alone for a few months in a ROW, and that SUCH AN ADVENTURE could TURN INto an INTERMINABLE fiasco, I’ll have to resist coming back home … NO SOONER.
Telle qu’elle était, avec « No sooner » seul en fin de phrase, elle ne convenait pas … j’ai cherché une solution :
NO SOONER had I been WONDERING if I MIGHT go to live on an island THAN I became CONSCIOUS that all I needed was NOTHING BUT stay alone for a few months in a row, and that SUCH AN ADVENTURE could TURN INto an INTERMINABLE fiasco, I’d have to resist coming back home…

- 5. After an INTERMINABLE week of work, NO SOONER was I back home THAN I started WONDERing if my dog had TURNED my house upside down; NOTHING BUT a miracle COULD avoid that; yet, I became CONSCIOUS THAT my dog was at my grandparents' for three days in a ROW: what an epic ADVENTURE!
(Quelques modifications effectuées … Hope it’s OK for you!)

- 6. Desaix reached Marengo at 3.00 p.m.; NO SOONER had he arrived than he deployed his division, caring FOR NOTHING BUT fight; CONCIOUS that Napoleon‘s risky ADVENTURE to fight in inferiority of numbers was a hard ROW to hoe, without WONDERING about why his commander had made this decision, which WOULD HAVE cost his life shortly after victoriously TURNING the outcome of the INTERMINABLE battle. **60

**Reference: battle of Marengo – June 14,1800. Thanks for the Historical reminder !
Immediately after his arrival, Desaix met a very preoccupied Napoleon commented the situation as follows: “this battle is lost but we are on time for winning another one.” After a short while he fell, shot to death.
Napoleon had erroneously divided his army the day before, sending Desaix to cut Melas’s way of retreat to Genoa, underestimating his adversary who, instead, wanted to face him in a decisive pitched battle which lasted 12 hours.

- 7. NO SOONER had he finished his INTERMINABLE laboratory tests thaN he became CONSCIOUS that they COULD BE failures in A ROW; this situation TURNED worrisome and he WONDERED if this ADVENTURE was NOTHING BUT stubbornness. = 34

- 8. NO SOONER has a military joined the Navy THAN he is CONSCIOUS of the INTERMINABLE time he will lose in A ROW waiting TO TURN himself up; NOTHING BUT time TO WONDER what kind of an ADVENTURE he will HAVE TO go through. (40 words)

J’ai changé le modal et sa place (2 mots imposés consécutifs interdits !) Hope you’ll like the change!

- 9. NO SOONER had he TURNED to enter this skid ROW pub, being cost-CONSCIOUS, THAN he drank NOTHING BUT water; WONDERING why he HAD TO smoke himSELF out in that INTERMINABLE, boring, ADVENTUREless space.
(Tu as vu ? J’ai rusé pour que tes deux mots imposés ne se suivent pas malgré la correction indispensable ) Do you like it ?

- 10. NO SOONER had he left the third ROW, during that INTERMINABLE day, than a girl asked him for NOTHING BUT the toilets* («his hand»?), he TURNED his head then mumbled, and being self CONSCIOUS, he WONDERED how he COULD live an ADVENTURE. 41 words.
* Après «nothing but,» surtout dans le contexte de ta phrase, on attend quelque chose d’extraordinaire …

Encore BRAVO à tous ! et MERCI !
Le prochain Playing with Words sera en ligne le 2è week-end de mars ! A bientôt !

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de chocolatcitron, postée le 28-02-2020 à 20:14:47 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u !
Yes, I do !
Thanks a lot.
See you soon.

Réponse : Playing with words /4 de here4u, postée le 28-02-2020 à 20:49:24 (S | E)

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux