Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Rack your brains and help! /72

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 12-06-2020 à 21:29:42 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear Hardworkers,

HELP MY STUDENT, please... You'll see that he has made efforts and has worked a lot... There are "only" 16 mistakes in this text, this time..., which means that you'll have to be very careful... In this extract, he'll tell you a strange story... Please, pay attention to his 16 mistakes and correct them in capital letters. for your help!

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in heart Sardinia. Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be
his saviour. Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in
the hope of restoring the village his former glory. For children, the village used to being a true playground, where they used
to pass from one abandoned house to another, each for them a new discovery. Or they did little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, with a nun’s quarter, a convent. These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’ of church, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: «Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow
and never die.» ///END OF PART ONE/// All legends have a kennel of truth, but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are scarcy; they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left, throwing a curse. If you go and look at the tax records, where the number of families are reported, you see that more or less they’ve always had
30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown or has disappeared. «Once upon a time… It was heard from
older, from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: «Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always
small…» Lollove used to being populated and now, there’s only around 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…» /// END OF PART TWO /// In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in the going
10 years, and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some councils have launched one-euro houses to try and incentivise people to return. «Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people,
that today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important, especially
given our modern world.» The villagers are currently working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit, making us perceiving new sensations that we aren’t allowed to feel in normal routine. «What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon
it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses…» Maybe we all have the power to lift our own curses too… /// END OF THE TEXT///

Well well... Not too easy again... The exercise is a one and the correction will be online on Friday, June 26, 2020. May THE FORCE be with you...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de woodyrun, postée le 13-06-2020 à 17:46:49 (S | E)
Hello Here4u

Brains... racked ! I never have time (understand "take time"...) to participate but I very often follow you and all your Hardworkers on this super site.

Today, as we're having a cold evening here in the Southern hemisphere, I decided it was high time I had a go for real....

I am looking forward to reading your correction on June 26 !!!

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in THE heart OF Sardinia.
Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may
MIGHT yet be
his
ITS saviour.

Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But
a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in

the hope of restoring the village his
TO
ITS
former glory. For children, the village used to being a true REAL playground, where they used
to pass from one abandoned house to another, each
for them a new discovery. Or they did
BUILT little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the
animals…

It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery,
with a nun’s
NUNS’ quarter, a convent. These nuns started having relationships
with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove
nuns were ‘excommunicated’ of
FROM church,
and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying:
«Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow
and
never die.»

///END OF PART ONE/// All legends have a
kennel of truth, but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are scarcy
SCARCE; they don’t have
documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left,
throwing a curse. If you go and look at the tax records, where the number of
families are reported, you
WILL see that more or less they THERE’ve always had BEEN
30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village
has never grown or
NOR has disappeared. «Once
upon a time… It was heard from

older
ELDERS, from
grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the
nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross
with their left hand, saying: «Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always

small…» Lollove used to being populated and now,
there’s only around 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…»
/// END
OF PART TWO ///
I

In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little
villages which could disappear in the going
COMING
10 years, and with them all their traditions…
Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some councils have launched one-euro
houses to try and incentivise people to return. «Here, you’re not in London,
you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people,

that today know your name and call you by your
name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important, especially

given our modern world.» The villagers are
currently working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why?
Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already
start to benefit, making us perceiving
PERCEIVE new sensations that we aren’t allowed to feel in normal
routine. «What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon

it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses…» Maybe
we all have the power to lift our own curses too…
/// END
OF THE TEXT///

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de maxwell, postée le 13-06-2020 à 21:21:52 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED
Hello Here4U and everyone!
I did what I could... this exercise is beginning to make me sweat

Help My Student:

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in THE heart OF Sardinia. Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be ITS saviour. Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in the hope of restoring the village'S former glory. For children, the village used to BE a true playground, where they used to pass from one abandoned house to another, each BEING for them a new discovery. Or they MADE little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, with a NUNS' quarter, a convent.
These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’ FROM church, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: «Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow and never die.» ///END OF PART ONE///

All legends have a KERNEL of truth, but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are SCARCE; they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left, throwing a curse. If you go and look at the tax records, where the number of families are reported, you'LL see that more or less they’ve always had BETWEEN 30 AND 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown NOR disappeared.
«Once upon a time… It was heard from THE ELDERS, from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: «Lollove, little Lollove, you will die STILL small…» Lollove used to BE populated and now, there ARE only ABOUT 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…» /// END OF PART TWO ///
In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in the COMING 10 years, and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some councils have launched one-euro houses to try and incentivise people to return. «Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people, WHO today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think [] values are very important, especially IN our modern world.»

The villagers are currently working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit FROM THAT, making us FEEL new sensations that we aren’t ABLE to feel in normal routine. «What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses…» Maybe we all have the power to lift our own curses too… /// END OF THE TEXT///

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de here4u, postée le 15-06-2020 à 22:48:46 (S | E)
Hello Woodyrun! here and very happy to see you working with us.

to Max again too... of course!

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de woodyrun, postée le 17-06-2020 à 06:59:57 (S | E)

Thank you Here4u!

i am delighted to be back at last, and... very happy to rack my brains with you all  !!

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de taiji43, postée le 17-06-2020 à 18:25:39 (S | E)
Dear Hers4U
here is my correction , thank you for your correction
Have a nice evening
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Lollove is a tiny ancient village inTHE heart OF Sardinia. Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be
ITS saviour. Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in the hope of restoring TO the( au) village ITS former glory. For children, the village used to BE a true playground, where they used to pass from one abandoned house to another, each for them USED TO BE a new discovery. Or they MADE little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, with a NUNS' QUARTERS : a convent. These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other.

The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’FROM church, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: «Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow
and never die.» ///END OF PART ONE///

All legends have a KERNEL(kennel = niche)of truth, but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are SCARCE they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left, (throwing) PUTTING a curse. If you go and look at the tax records, where the number of families are reported, you see that more or less they’ve always had ABOUT
30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown or has disappeared. «Once upon a time… It was heard from THE ELDERS , from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: «Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always small…» Lollove used to being populated and now, there’ARE only around OR ABOUT 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…»

/// END OF PART TWO /// In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in theCOMING or IN THE NEXT
10 years, and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some councils have launched one-euro houses to try and incentivise people to return.

«Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people,
that OR WHO today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think tVALUES (Pas de the) are very important, especially given TO (à) our modern world.»

The villagers are currently working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit, making us PERCEIVE new sensations WHICH we aren’t allowed to feel in normal routine. «What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon
it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses…» Maybe we all have the power to lift our own curses too… /// END OF THE TEXT///

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de joe39, postée le 18-06-2020 à 11:00:56 (S | E)
16 mistakes
Hello dear here4u,
Hoping to have found all the mistakes,
I send you my try, ready to be checked.

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in heart OF Sardinia. Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be his saviour. Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in
the hope of restoring the village TO ITS – 1 former glory. For children, the village IS - 2 used to being a true playground, where they used
to pass from one abandoned house to another, each OF THEM BEING - 3 a new discovery. Or they did little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, with a nun’s quarter, a convent. These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’ FROM THE-CHURCH 4, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: «Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow and never die.» ///END OF PART ONE/// All legends have a KERNEL – 5 of truth, but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are SCARCES – 6 ; they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who, WHEN THEY LEFT, THROWN - 7 a curse. If you go and look at the tax records, where the number of families are reported, you see that more or less they’ve always had
30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown or has disappeared. «Once upon a time… It was heard from THE ELDERS - 8, from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened BETWEEN THOSE NUNS AND THE SHEPHERDS - 9 and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: «Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always
small…» Lollove used to being populated and now, there’s only around 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…» /// END OF PART TWO /// In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in the ONGOING - 10
10 years, and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some CITY COUNCILS – 11 have launched one-euro houses to try and INCENTIVIZE – 12 people to return. «Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people,
WHO – 13 today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important, especially IN - 14 our modern world” –
.» The villagers are currently working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit, making us FEEL – 15 new sensations that we aren’t ABLE – 16 to feel in normal routine. «What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon

Thanking you for the nice exercise, I wish you a pleasant day.
So long
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de alpiem, postée le 22-06-2020 à 17:12:24 (S | E)
READY FOR EVALUATION NOW
hello,here is my work

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in THE HEART OF Sardinia.
Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be his saviour.
Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500.
But a new generation of LollovesiS is now returning, in the hope of restoring the village his
former glory.
For children, the village useD to BE a true playgroun, where they used to pass from one abandoned house to another, each OF them BEING a new discovery.

Or they WOULD MAKE little wooden huts in the countryside, and PLAY ( they would play)with the animals..
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, whith a NUNS' quarter, a convent.
These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they "knew" each otherS.

The legend says the Lollove nuns were 'excommunicated' of church, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying:"Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow and never die"///END OF PART ONE///

All legends have a WORD of TRUTH, but, unfortunately, documents about Lollove are SCARCE ;
they don't have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left,
throwing a curse .
If you go and look at the tax records where the number of famillies are reported, you see
that more or less THERE always BEEN 30 or 40 families,and so ACTUALLY the village has
never grown NOR DISAPPEARDED.
"Once upon a time....it was heard from olderS, from grandmothers...'something happened with
these friards or PASTORS and when the nuns were leaving, it's said they turned around and
made the sign of the cross with their left HANDS, saying: Lollove, little Lollove, you will
die always small..."
Lollove used TO BE populated and now, there ARE only around 10 of them left....So, there is

definitely something there..."///END OF PART TWO///

In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in the COMING
10 years and with them all their traditions...Small mountain villages are emptying now...
some councils have launched One-euro houses to try and encentivise people to return.
Here, you're not in London, you're in Lollove, where there are 13 people that to-day know
your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important
especially SO, given our modern world"
The villagers are currently working to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination.Why?
Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to
benefit, making us perceiving new sensations that we aren't allowed to feel in normal
routine.
"What do you think of this legend of the curse?"
"I reckon it's all rubish...We create our own curses...".Maybe we all have the power to lift
our curses too...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de here4u, postée le 22-06-2020 à 23:54:23 (S | E)
Hello!

J'ai commencé à poster vos corrections ce soir ... Je vais avoir une semaine difficile ... Pardonnez-moi d'avance !

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de chocolatcitron, postée le 24-06-2020 à 02:13:20 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 12-06-2020 à 21:29:42 (S | E | F) June 26, 2020
Hello my dear Here4u, thanks a lot!
Hello my dear Lucile!
Hi Everybody!

FINISHED OF COURSE !
FOLLOW UP : JE TRADUIRAI LA SECONDE PARTIE, appel à d'autres volontaires pour la première et la troisième parties, please !

HELP MY STUDENT, please... There are "only" 16 mistakes in this text.
Here is my work: sorry three mistakes are still missing… I read this text many times, all these days, but I don’t know where you hid the mistakes away!

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in THE heart Sardinia. Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be ITS saviour. Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in the hope of restoring the village ITS former glory. For children, the village used to be a true playground, where they used to pass from one abandoned house to another, each OF them a new discovery. Or they MADE THE little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, with a NUNS’quarter, a convent. These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’ FROM THE church, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: «Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow and never die.» ///END OF PART ONE/// All legends have a kernel of truth, but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are SCARCE; they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left, CASTING a curse (= jeter un sort). If you go and look at the tax records, where the number of families are reported, you see that more or less they’ve always had 30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown but nor has it disappeared. «Once upon a time… It was heard from THE ELDERS, from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: «Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always small…» Lollove used to being populated and now, there’s only around 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…» /// END OF PART TWO /// In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in the NEXT 10 years, and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying OUT now… Some councils have launched one-euro houses to try and incentivise people to return. «Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people, that today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important, especially given our modern world.» The villagers are currently working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit, making us perceive new sensations that we aren’t ABLE to feel in normal routine. «What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses…» Maybe we all have the power to lift our own curses too… /// END OF THE TEXT///

I send you the HUGE force back to you my dear Here4u, for marking, I think it will be welcome to help you!💪
Have a very sweet week… each of you, take care of yourself!
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de here4u, postée le 26-06-2020 à 23:49:14 (S | E)
Hello, dear hardworkers...

Voici votre corrigé. Vous vous êtes en général bien sortis de cette étrange histoire.
Comme mon élève n'avait pas fait beaucoup de fautes, cette fois-ci, je me suis "amusée" à vous noter entre parenthèses à la fin de chaque élément corrigé, la "difficulté" de la faute, "comme je l'ai ressentie" !Vous pourrez également vous "amuser" à regarder si les fautes que vous avez trouvées étaient faciles à débusquer, ... ou pas !

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in the heart of Sardinia(1). Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be its saviour(2). Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in the hope of restoring the village to (3) its (2) former glory. For children, the village used to be (4) a true playground, where they used to pass from one abandoned house to another, each for them a new discovery. Or they made (5) little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lolleve there was a monastery, with a nuns’ quarter (6), a convent. These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’ from the church (7), and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: « Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow and never die.» ///END OF PART ONE/// All legends have a kernel of truth(8), but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are scarce (9); they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left, casting a curse.(10) If you go and look at the tax records, where
the number of families are reported, you see that more or less they’ve always had 30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown but nor has it (11) disappeared.
«Once upon a time… It was heard from the elders (12), from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: « Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always small… »Lollove used to be (4) populated and now, there’s only around 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…»/// END OF PART TWO /// In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in/within the coming 10 years (13), and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some councils have launched one-euro houses to try and incentivise people to return. «Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people, that today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important, especially given our modern world.» The villagers are currently (14) working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit, making us perceive (15) new sensations that we aren’t able to (16) feel in normal routine.
«What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses… »
Maybe we all have the power to lift our own curses too…/// END OF THE TEXT///

(1) a village in heart Sardinia=> in the heart of Sardinia.(« the » parce que « heart » est défini par « of ».)
(2) restoring the village his former glory => to restore something to a preceding state Lien internet
= restoring the village to ...
(3) his former glory : village est neutre => its former glory. -
** Lollovesi= name of the inhabitants of the village (no s in the end - Italian plural.)
(4) the village used to being= used to be= expression qui marque une rupture avec le passé. Autrefois, c’était différent de maintenant.
(5) Or they did little wooden huts=> Or they made little wooden huts ; il s’agit bien ici de faire au sens de « fabriquer ».
(6) a nun’s quarter (voudrait dire qu’il n’y a qu’une seule religieuse dans le couvent !) => with a nuns’ quarter. C’est un « génitif générique ». Lien internet
La possession ne s’applique pas à une seule personne, mais à un groupe et l’article indéfini s’applique à « quarter » =
(7) were ‘excommunicated’ of church : to excommunicate FROM
« church » serait très général. Ici, il s’agit de l’Eglise à laquelle appartenaient ces religieuses. => « the church » Lien internet
(C'était méchant d'enchaîner deux fautes si rapprochées ...)
(8) have a kennel of truth=> a kernel of truth ; ça, c’était un vilain clin d’œil de mon élève … (presque « impardonnable » de ne pas avoir trouvé cette erreur ! ) -
(9) documents about Lollove are scarce= an adjective! = rare. « scarcy » est un pseudo adverbe ! Le véritable adverbe est « scarcely ».
(10) «, throwing a curse » n’existait pas non plus …. Et était une « confusion » de mon élève. Jeter, lancer= to throw, I threw, thrown. Lien internet
. But you « cast a spell(=a curse) » (to cast, I cast, cast) Lien internet

(11) « the village has never grown or has disappeared»=> the village has never grown but nor has it disappeared. (… never… nor…)
(12) heard from older, from grandmothers…=> heard from the elders = les aïeux, les anciens.
(13) in the going 10 years=> in the coming 10 years (coming= à venir)
(14) ha ha ! Pour ce point, j’avais « oublié » de faire la faute ! Sorry!
(15) making us perceiving => to make someone DO something. => making us perceive.
(16) we aren’t allowed to feel; allowed indique une permission. Il s’agissait ici d’une capacité «that we aren’t able to feel ».
Si j'ai bien compté, vous pouviez gagner 36 étoiles ... Moyenne à 18 ; + de 25 = très très bien !

Comme d'habitude, j'attends des volontaires pour le Follow-up Work ... J'en ai déjà .... mais il en manque ... Don't hesitate to step in! Le travail n'est "pas urgent" ... J'ai un week-end démentiel ...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de maxwell, postée le 27-06-2020 à 21:56:15 (S | E)
Hello
Je traduirai la première partie

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de chocolatcitron, postée le 28-06-2020 à 04:07:09 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u
Hi each of You !

FINISHED !

My follow up work for the second part of this text:

All legends have a kernel of truth(8), but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are scarce (9); they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left, casting a curse.(10) If you go and look at the tax records, where
the number of families are reported, you see that more or less they’ve always had 30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown but nor has it (11) disappeared.
«Once upon a time… It was heard from the elders (12), from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: « Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always small… »Lollove used to be (4) populated and now, there’s only around 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…»/// END OF PART TWO ///

Toutes les légendes ont un fond de vérité, mais malheureusement, les documents sur Lollove sont rares; ils n’ont pas de preuve documentaire de la présence de religieuses ici à Lollove, qui sont ensuite parties, jetant la malédiction. Si vous allez et examiner les dossiers fiscaux, où le nombre de familles est déclaré, vous voyez que plus ou moins ils y a toujours eu 30 ou 40 familles, et qu’effectivement, le village n’a jamais grandi ni disparu. «Il était une fois...
On l’a entendu des aînés, des grands-mères ... « quelque chose » s’est passé avec ces frères ou bergers et quand les religieuses partaient, on a dit qu’ils se sont retournés et ont fait le signe de la croix avec leur main gauche, en disant: « Lollove, petite Lollove, tu mourras toujours petite .. » Lollove était peuplée et maintenant, il n’y a plus qu'environ une dizaine d’habitants... Donc, il y a certainement eu quelque chose là-bas... »

I added the third part, as I made "quite an unforgivable mistake" with kennel/kernel as my sight worsens. Thus, I really read "KERNEL…" !
Que cela n'empêche pas d'autres bonnes volontés de s'exercer sur ce passage, ce n'est qu'une proposition de traduction parmi d'autres possibles.

And here is my translation of the third part of this text:

In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in/within the coming 10 years (13), and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some councils have launched one-euro houses to try and incentivise people to return. «Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people, that today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important, especially given our modern world.» The villagers are currently (14) working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit, making us perceive (15) new sensations that we aren’t able to (16) feel in normal routine.
«What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses… » Maybe we all have the power to lift our own curses too…/// END OF THE TEXT///

FIN DE LA DEUXIÈME PARTIE /// En Italie, il y a plus de cinq mille petits villages qui pourraient disparaître dans les dix prochaines années, et avec eux toutes leurs traditions ... Les petits villages de montagne se vident maintenant... Certains conseils ont lancé le prix des maisons à un euro pour essayer d’inciter les gens à revenir. « Ici, vous n’êtes pas à Londres, vous êtes à Lollove, où il y a treize personnes, qui connaissent aujourd’hui votre nom et vous appellent par votre nom pour prendre un café. Je pense que les valeurs sont très importantes, surtout compte tenu de notre monde moderne » Les villageois travaillent actuellement dur pour relancer Lollove comme une destination de désintoxication numérique. Pourquoi ? Parce que les études montrent qu’après quarante-huit heures sans téléphones cellulaires, notre corps commence déjà à en bénéficier, ce qui nous fait percevoir de nouvelles sensations que nous ne sommes pas capables de ressentir dans la routine normale. « Que pensez-vous de cette légende de la malédiction ?» « Je pense que c’est une "connerie"... Nous créons nos propres malédictions... Peut-être que nous avons tous aussi le pouvoir de lever nos propres malédictions… /// END OF THE TEXT///

Have a very sweet Week, however, take care of yourselves !
See you soon.

to Maxwell who is going to translate the first part... : great !

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de woodyrun, postée le 28-06-2020 à 07:27:15 (S | E)
Here4u for your time and correction
Chocolatcitron for your translation

Take care & have a lovely weekend

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de maxwell, postée le 28-06-2020 à 09:46:40 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello!
Here's part I :

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in the heart of Sardinia. Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be its saviour. Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in the hope of restoring the village to its former glory. For children, the village used to be a true playground, where they used to pass from one abandoned house to another, each for them a new discovery. Or they made little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, with a nuns’ quarter, a convent. These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’ from the church, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: « Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow and never die.» ///END OF PART ONE///

Lollove est un ancien petit village au coeur de la Sardaigne. Des années d'abandon ont conduit beaucoup (d'habitants) à partir mais une vieille malédiction peut cependant le sauver. Il ne reste que 13 âmes dans le village qui un jour en contenait 500. Mais une nouvelle génération de lollovois (*) reviennent au village, dans l'espoir de lui redonner sa gloire d'antan. Le village était un véritable terrain de jeu pour les enfants où ils avaient l'habitude de passer d'une maison abandonnée à une autre, chacune étant une nouvelle découverte pour eux. Ou bien ils construisaient de petites cabanes en bois dans la campagne, et jouaient avec les animaux...
On dit qu'à Lollove, il y avait un monastère avec un quartier de religieuses, un couvent. Ces nonnes commencèrent à avoir des relations avec les pasteurs locaux ; disons qu'ils apprirent à se "connaître"... La légende dit que les soeurs de Lollove furent "excommuniées" de l'église, et alors qu'elles partaient, elles jetèrent un sort sur le village, disant : "Lollove, tu seras comme l'eau de la mer, jamais tu ne grandiras et jamais tu ne mourras"

(*) wild guess

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /72 de here4u, postée le 29-06-2020 à 00:39:45 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Friends,

ATTENTION ! CECI N EST QUE LE DEBUT( LA PREPARATION) DU FOLLOW UP WORK.... SOYEZ PATIENTS ...

Lollove is a tiny ancient village in the heart of Sardinia. Years of neglect have led many to leave but an ancient curse may yet be its saviour. Only 13 souls remain in the village that once held 500. But a new generation of Lollovesi is now returning, in the hope of restoring the village to its former glory. For children, the village used to be a true playground, where they used to pass from one abandoned house to another, each for them a new discovery. Or they made little wooden huts in the countryside, and played with the animals…
It is said that in Lollove there was a monastery, with a nuns’ quarter, a convent. These nuns started having relationships with the local shepherds; they « knew » each other. The legend says the Lollove nuns were ‘excommunicated’ from the church, and while they were leaving, they left a curse on the village, saying: « Lollove, you will be like the water of the sea, you will never grow and never die.»

Lollove est un ancien petit village au coeur de la Sardaigne. Des années d'abandon ont conduit beaucoup d'habitants à partir mais une vieille malédiction peut cependant encore le sauver. Il ne reste que 13 âmes dans le village qui un jour en contenait comptait 500. Mais une nouvelle génération de lollovois reviennent au village, dans l'espoir de lui redonner sa gloire d'antan. Le village était un véritable terrain de jeu pour les enfants où ils avaient l'habitude de passer d'une maison abandonnée à une autre, chacune étant une nouvelle découverte pour eux. Ou bien ils construisaient de petites cabanes en bois dans la campagne, et jouaient avec les animaux ...
On dit qu'à Lollove, il y avait un monastère avec un quartier de religieuses, un couvent. Ces nonnes commencèrent à avoir des relations avec les bergers locaux ; disons qu'ils apprirent à se "connaître" ... La légende dit que les religieuses de Lollove furent "excommuniées" de l'église, et alors qu'elles partaient, elles jetèrent un sort sur le village, disant : "Lollove, tu seras comme l'eau de la mer, jamais tu ne grandiras et jamais tu ne mourras" Très très bonne traduction ! Maxwell et

All legends have a kernel of truth, but unfortunately, documents about Lollove are scarce; they don’t have documentary proof of the presence of nuns here at Lollove, who then left, casting a curse. If you go and look at the tax records, where
the number of families are reported, you see that more or less they’ve always had 30 or 40 families, and so effectively the village has never grown but nor has it disappeared.
«Once upon a time… It was heard from the elders, from grandmothers… ‘something’ happened with these friars or shepherds and when the nuns were leaving, it’s said they turned around and made the sign of the cross with their left hand, saying: « Lollove, little Lollove, you will die always small… » Lollove used to be populated and now, there’s only around 10 of them left… So, there’s definitely something there…»

Toutes les légendes ont un fond de vérité, mais malheureusement, les documents sur Lollove sont rares ; ici à Lollove, il n’y a pas de preuve documentaire de la présence de religieuses qui sont ensuite parties, jetant une malédiction. Si vous allez et examiner les dossiers fiscaux, où le nombre de familles est déclaré, vous voyez que plus ou moins qu'il y a toujours eu 30 ou 40 familles, et qu’effectivement, le village n’a jamais grandi ni disparu.
«Il était une fois ... On l’a entendu des aînés, des grands-mères ... « quelque chose » s’est passé avec ces frères ou bergers et quand les religieuses partaient, on a dit qu’elles se sont retournéEs et ont fait le signe de la croix avec leur main gauche, en disant: « Lollove, petite Lollove, tu mourras toujours petite ... » Lollove était peuplée et maintenant, il n’y a plus qu'environ une dizaine d’habitants ... Donc, il y a certainement eu quelque chose là dessous ... »

Bravo, Choco et un grand merci !
XXXXXXxA SUIVRE

In Italy, there are more than 5,000 little villages which could disappear in/within the coming 10 years, and with them all their traditions… Small mountain villages are emptying now… Some councils have launched one-euro houses to try and incentivise people to return. «Here, you’re not in London, you’re in Lollove, where there are 13 people, that today know your name and call you by your name to have a coffee. I think the values are very important, especially given our modern world.» The villagers are currently working hard to relaunch Lollove as a digital detox destination. Why? Because studies show that after 48 hours without cellphones, our bodies already start to benefit, making us perceive new sensations that we aren’t able to feel in normal routine.
«What do you think of this legend of the curse?» «I reckon it’s all rubbish… We create our own curses… »
Maybe we all have the power to lift our own curses too…

En Italie, il y a plus de cinq mille petits villages qui pourraient disparaître dans les dix prochaines années, et avec eux toutes leurs traditions ... Les petits villages de montagne se vident maintenant ... Certains conseils ont lancé le prix proposé des offres de ... des maisons à un euro pour essayer d’inciter les gens à revenir. « Ici, vous n’êtes pas à Londres, vous êtes à Lollove, où il y a treize personnes, qui connaissent aujourd’hui votre nom et vous appellent par votre nom pour prendre un café. Je pense que les valeurs sont très importantes, surtout compte tenu de notre monde moderne » Les villageois travaillent actuellement dur pour relancer Lollove comme une destination de désintoxication numérique. Pourquoi ? Parce que les études montrent qu’après quarante-huit heures sans téléphones cellulaires, notre corps commence déjà à en bénéficier, ce qui nous fait percevoir de nouvelles sensations que nous ne sommes pas capables de ressentir dans la routine normale. « Que pensez-vous de cette légende de la malédiction ?» « Je pense que c’est une "connerie"... Nous créons nos propres malédictions... Peut-être que nous avons tous aussi le pouvoir de lever nos propres malédictions…

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux