Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9
Message de here4u posté le 01-06-2024 à 19:59:38 (S | E | F)
Hello dears,

This is an easy exercise that everyone can do.

Toujours en pause sur l’ exercice d’EXPRESSION Let's Suggest tel qu’il était…
C'est à nouveau la " nouvelle formule ", surtout que les vacances reviennent... JE SAIS, JE CROIS que vous pouvez être beaucoup plus nombreux à essayer d'aider tout le monde par vos travaux et vos corrections.

Certains m’ont dit être gênés d’exprimer des idées personnelles (surtout qu’ils avaient l’impression – souvent fausse – de les exprimer maladroitement.) Cependant, je ne vous demande pas de " raconter votre vie " si vous ne le désirez pas... Je souhaite juste vous voir vous exprimer sur tout sujet aussi " librement " que possible.
De plus, je pense que vous aurez maintenant compris que pour moi, toute expression, même maladroite, est intéressante et a de la valeur. Elle nous stimule tous à " trouver mieux " !

Voici les questions auxquelles vous devrez répondre en utilisant une expression de 'giving your opinion'.

1. In your opinion, what is the most beautiful foreign city?

2. Speak about the latest book you've read?

3. Do you have a 'favourite song'?

4. Is making presents important?

Vous pouvez choisir 1 ou 2 questions au choix – en notant bien les références - et développer celle(s) que vous voulez jusqu’à atteindre en tout un maximum d’environ 130-150 mots.

Envoyez-moi vos réponses en mp et je publierai une série que vous 'corrigerez' (en bleu d’abord pendant deux jours) puis en vert… et je publierai ensuite la deuxième série... (sans changements donc ! ) Vous gagnez de la liberté (celle de ne pas parler d'un ou plusieurs sujets, ceux qui ne vous " inspirent pas "... Vous écrivez la longueur que vous voulez, vous pouvez choisir d'inventer, de plaisanter, ou de répondre avec sérieux... Nous vous suivrons !

Cet exercice sera pour vous un ou en fonction de la qualité de vos écrits et des difficultés (surmontées) dans la prestation...
Cet exercice sera corrigé le mardi 11 juin 2024 ! Go for it! with THE FORCE.

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 02-06-2024 à 23:41:48 (S | E)
Hello!

Here is our first ANSWER!
Please, indicate possible mistakes and underline what you think is clumsy.

Speak about the latest book you've read.

The latest book l read is Yellowface, by Rebecca Kuang. It is the story of June, an ambitious, but unsuccessful, young writer. She had a friend, the brilliant Asian-American Athena. One day, June was the sole witness to Athena's accidental death. In shock, she left the apartment with a manuscript that she rewrote, finished and published under a Chinese-looking name. It was the story of Chinese workers in France during WW1. It was a bestseller, but many publishers and readers became suspicious and launched a hateful campaign against June, accusing her of stealing the story and maybe murdering its author. This, however, was not the main point. Surprisingly, they considered that you should not be allowed to write on Asian people if you are not one of them. I didn't like the book very much (recommended to improve your knowledge of American slang), but I found the story interesting, and very disturbing. Is this the future of literature?

... you can also say what you appreciated! for your help!

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de happynutmeg13, postée le 03-06-2024 à 16:16:45 (S | E)
Hello!

Answer A, my comments: I only can see one mistake (the same for the 3 verbs, times consistancy?) ; I like the summary and the personal judgement, all clear and concise, with an open conclusion. Maybe I'll read it because I sometimes like to be "disturbed"

The latest book l read is Yellowface, by Rebecca Kuang. It is the story of June, an ambitious, but unsuccessful, young writer. She had a friend, the brilliant Asian-American Athena. One day, June was the sole witness to Athena's accidental death. In shock, she left the apartment with a manuscript that she rewrote, finished and published under a Chinese-looking name. It was the story of Chinese workers in France during WW1. It was a bestseller, but many publishers and readers became suspicious and launched a hateful campaign against June, accusing her of stealing the story and maybe murdering its author. This, however, was not the main point. Surprisingly, they considered that you should not be allowed to write on Asian people if you are not one of them. I didn't like the book very much (recommended to improve your knowledge of American slang), but I found the story interesting, and very disturbing. Is this the future of literature?

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 05-06-2024 à 00:13:03 (S | E)
Hello dears:

No suggestions in green? [you may start with posting your 'green' version!]

Here are ANSWERS B:
please, indicate possible errors, and underline what you think is clumsy.

TOPIC 1: A gift has several reasons for being. A present can be given as a thank you for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself will always have a value. Even if the item offered is not to your taste.
A gift is proof that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

TOPIC 4 : BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, I would choose Sydney.
First of all, what strikes you when you arrive is its dazzlinglight, even under the clouds.
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers. Not forgetting the songs of the multicoloured birds
I could also tell you about the glass and metal buildings next to the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.
And all this on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. 73 words

for your help!

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de happynutmeg13, postée le 05-06-2024 à 09:41:45 (S | E)
Hello!

(I was waiting for the "green light")

Answer A

Maybe some other verbs could be adjusted in order to maintain the chronology (as it would have been in French), but I am not sure;

The latest book l read is Yellowface, by Rebecca Kuang. It is the story of June, an ambitious, but unsuccessful, young writer. She had a friend, the brilliant Asian-American Athena. One day, June was had been? the sole witness to Athena's accidental death. In shock, she left had left? the apartment with a manuscript that she rewrote had rewritten, finished and published, under a Chinese-looking name. It was the story of Chinese workers in France during WW1. It was a bestseller, but many publishers and readers became suspicious and launched a hateful campaign against June, accusing her of stealing the story and maybe murdering its author. This, however, was not the main point. Surprisingly, they considered that you should not be allowed to write on Asian people if you are not one of them. I didn't like the book very much (recommended to improve your knowledge of American slang), but I found the story interesting, and very disturbing. Is this the future of literature?

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de gerold, postée le 05-06-2024 à 11:19:34 (S | E)
Hello!

ANSWERS B:

TOPIC 1: A gift has several reasons for being. A present can be given as a thank you for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself xx* will always have a value. Even if the item offered is not to your taste. A gift is a (better with an article ? Not sure) proof that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

*Problem of syntax. I think it is necessary to add something.

TOPIC 4 : BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, I (is this an anacoluthon? I would prefer On the basis of my experience) would choose Sydney.
First of all, what strikes you when you arrive is its dazzlinglight, even under the clouds.
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers. Not forgetting the songs of the multicoloured birds
I could also tell you about the glass and metal buildings next to the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 07-06-2024 à 11:45:20 (S | E)
Hello dears,

For the respectful among you, 'Green allowed'!

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de happynutmeg13, postée le 09-06-2024 à 14:31:20 (S | E)
Hello!

Hello!

Je pensais que Gerold corrigerait, mais je me lance :

ANSWERS B:

TOPIC 1: A gift has several reasons for being. A present can be given as a thank you for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself xx*it will always have a value. Even if the item offered is not to your taste. A gift is proof** that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

*Problem of syntax. I think it is necessary to add something.
** I don't think any article is necessary, like in French we have both "preuve de" ou "une preuve de"

TOPIC 4 : BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE,(is this an anacoluthon?) On the basis of my experience I would choose Sydney.
First of all, what strikes you when you arrive is are its dazzlinglight dazzling lights, even under the clouds.

* I am wondering about the anacoluthon: what is the subject of "based"? I would suggest "If I rely on my experience(or of course Gerold's solution) but I am aware it is adding a few more words

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 09-06-2024 à 16:48:12 (S | E)
Hello!

for your indications and suggestions. Here's another answer!

Topic 2 : Speak about the latest book you've read.

The latest book I've read is « A catcher in the rye » ; the French title is « L'attrape-coeur », and it is as obscure as the English one. I found it a very powerful book. While reading it, I felt sometimes very depressed because the main character is so pessimistic about his becoming an adult and about the society in general. I would never have stopped reading it, but I was really relieved when I finished it. The narrator is directly talking to the reader ; so I was feeling very close to him and I was empathising with his suffering. But on the other hand, it was as though I needed to have my part in this narration, just to contradict all this pessimism and negative ideas. But of course I could not ! FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, that was the reason for these mixed feelings. 150 words

Indications of possible mistakes today and tomorrow. Suggestions in green on Monday morning...

Have a great Sunday.

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de gerold, postée le 09-06-2024 à 18:41:11 (S | E)
Hello!

The latest book I've read is « A catcher in the rye » ; the French title is « L'attrape-coeur », and it is as obscure as the English one. I found it a very powerful book. While reading it, I felt sometimes very depressed because the main character is so pessimistic about his becoming an adult and about the society in general. I would never have stopped reading it, but I was really relieved when I finished it. The narrator is directly talking to the reader ; so I was feeling very close to him and I was empathising with his suffering. But on the other hand, it was as though I needed to have my part in this narration, just to contradict all this pessimism and negative ideas. But of course I could not ! FROM MY POINT OF VIEW*, that was the reason for these mixed feelings. 150 words

* I find this slightly inappropriate when speaking about one's own feelings (but it's perhaps subjective).

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de gerold, postée le 10-06-2024 à 16:34:36 (S | E)
Hello!

The latest book I've read is « A catcher in the rye » ; the French title is « L'attrape-cœur », and it is as obscure as the English one. I found it a very powerful book. While reading it, I felt sometimes very depressed because the main character is so pessimistic about his becoming an adult and about the society in general. I would never have stopped reading it, but I was really relieved when I finished it. The narrator is directly talking to the reader no space; so I was feeling very close to him and I was empathising with his suffering. But on the other hand, it was as though I needed to have my part in this narration, just to contradict all this pessimism and these* negative ideas. But of course I could not ! FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, I would simply say I think that was the reason for these mixed feelings. 150 words

* I'm not sure whether "these pessimism and negative ideas" or "these negative ideas and pessimism" would be acceptable.

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 11-06-2024 à 23:28:17 (S | E)
Hello dears,

I've liked the variety of your answers... Not many mistakes , therefore not many 'corrections'... but your answers made me do research and one took be back to the past and to thrilling studies...

ANSWER A:
initial text and preliminary remarks.

The latest book l read is Yellowface, by Rebecca Kuang. It is the story of June, an ambitious, but unsuccessful, young writer. She had a friend, the brilliant Asian-American Athena. One day, June was the sole witness to Athena's accidental death. In shock, she left the apartment with a manuscript that she rewrote, finished and published under a Chinese-looking name. It was the story of Chinese workers in France during WW1. It was a bestseller, but many publishers and readers became suspicious and launched a hateful campaign against June, accusing her of stealing the story and maybe murdering its author. This, however, was not the main point. Surprisingly, they considered that you should not be allowed to write (on Asian people if you are not one of them. // (aller à la ligne)I didn't like the book very much (recommended to improve your knowledge of American slang), but I found the story interesting, and very disturbing. Is this the future of literature?(158 mots!)

Bon compte rendu du livre… Pas de fautes ! Eviter, si possible l’accumulation de l’emploi du verbe être qui tend à appauvrir l’ensemble.

Answer A: happynutmeg’s indications: I only can see[ordre des mots] one mistake (the same for the 3 verbs, times consistancy?) ; I like the summary and the personal judgement, all clear and concise, with an open conclusion. Maybe I'll read it because I sometimes like to be "disturbed" Adventurous Happynutmeg!

The latest book l read is Yellowface, by Rebecca Kuang. It is the story of June, an ambitious, but unsuccessful, young writer. She had a friend, the brilliant Asian-American Athena. One day, June was *the sole witness to Athena's accidental death. In shock, she left the apartment with a manuscript that she rewrote, finished and published under a Chinese-looking name.(: a deception!) It was the story of Chinese workers in France during WW1. It was a bestseller, but many publishers and readers became suspicious and launched a hateful campaign against June, accusing her of stealing the story and maybe murdering its author. This, however, was not the main point. Surprisingly, they considered that you should not be allowed to write on Asian people if you are not one of them. I didn't like the book very much (recommended to improve your knowledge of American slang), but I found the story interesting, and very disturbing. Is this the future of literature?

Si l’on veut rendre plus nette l’antériorité implicite dans le récit, il est possible de commencer : 'One day (peut-être un peu plus étoffé !),I had been… ; She had left… Les trois verbes ensuite ne me choquent pas au prétérit.

Happynutmeg adds:
Maybe some other verbs could be adjusted in order to maintain the chronology (as it would have been in French), but I am not sure;? [I’m not sure I understand what you mean!]

The latest book l read is Yellowface, by Rebecca Kuang. It is the story of June, an ambitious, but unsuccessful, young writer. She had a friend, the brilliant Asian-American Athena. One day, June was had been? the sole witness to Athena's accidental death. In shock, she left had left? the apartment with a manuscript that she, [then ? later ?... ] rewrote had rewritten, finished and published, under a Chinese-looking name. It was the story of Chinese workers in France during WW1. It was a bestseller, but many publishers and readers became suspicious and launched a hateful campaign against June, accusing her of stealing the story and maybe murdering its author. This, however, was not the main point. Surprisingly, they considered that you should not be allowed to write on Asian people if you are not one of them. I didn't like the book very much (recommended to improve your knowledge of American slang), but I found the story interesting, and very disturbing. Is this the future of literature?
De bonnes remarques.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWERS B: TOPIC 1:

A gift has several reasons for being.(très maladroit) A present can be given as a 'thank you' for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself XX [répétition du sujet nécessaire] will always have a value. Even if the item offered is not to your taste.
A gift is XX proof that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

TOPIC 4: BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE,(un peu schématique ! Très maladroit) I would choose Sydney.
First of all, what strikes you when you arrive is its dazzling /light, even under the clouds.B
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers(. N) [pourquoi cette phrase différente.] ot forgetting the songs of the multicoloured birds
I could also tell you about the glass and metal buildings next to the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.[why didn’t you ? Do you mean that you were surprised by the possibilities to see such mixtures of styles or such a juxtaposition ?]
And all this on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. 73 words 'Phrase' (n'est pas une phrase...) est un peu courte, un peu ‘téléscopique ».

Tu annonces des choses avec des sous-entendus que tu as l’air de « take for granted » mais qui auraient besoin d’être discutés (ou au moins expliqués)… Ne cède pas à la tentation de faire des phrases incomplètes. lorsque tu rédiges vraiment des phrases liées, c'est très bien!

ANSWERS B: Gerold’s indications

TOPIC 1: A gift has several reasons for being. A present can be given as a thank you for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself xx* will always have a value. Even if the item offered is not to your taste. A gift is a (better with an article ? Not sure[SI!]) proof that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

*Problem of syntax. I think it is necessary to add something.[oui ! Il manque clairement la répétition du sujet.]

TOPIC 4 : BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, I (is this an anacoluthon?yes ! I would prefer On the basis of my experience)[Je crois que je serais encore plus claire ! du genre : I/We have had to make this choice: Therefore, I can speak about my own experience…)Ne sois pas "avare" de mots! would choose Sydney.
First of all, what strikes you when you arrive is its dazzling/light, even under the clouds.
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers(. N)ot forgetting the songs of the multicoloured birds
I could also tell you about the glass and metal buildings next to the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.(yes, PLEASE, do !)
And all this on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. ["phrase" trop implicite !]73 words

ANSWERS B: happynutmeg’s indications

TOPIC 1: A gift has several reasons for being. A present can be given as a thank you for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself xx*it will alwaysBien corrigé !) have a value. Even if the item offered is not to your taste. A gift is XX proof** that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

*Problem of syntax. I think it is necessary to add something. [It is!]
** I don't think any article is necessary, like in French we have both "preuve de" ou "une preuve de" [On se moque de ce que fait le français ! Bien sûr, tu pourras toujours trouver aussi « proof that »…. Mais en suivant les règles la détermination est faite par of, ou par une proposition ! ]Cf: en retravaillant 'The Catcher', j'ai trouvé: [ he uses his isolation as proof that he is better than everyone else around him] ...

TOPIC 4 : BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE,(is this an anacoluthon?) On the basis of my experience I would choose Sydney.
First of all, what strikes you when you arrive is are its dazzlinglight dazzling lights, even under the clouds.
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers. Not forgetting the songs of the multicoloured birds (pas une phrase entière...)
I could also tell you about the glass and metal buildings next to the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.B

* I am wondering about the anacoluthon: what is the subject of "based"? I would suggest "If I rely on my experience(or of course Gerold's solution) but I am aware it is adding a few more words (it doesn't matter!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER C:

The latest book I've read is « A catcher in the rye » ; the French title is « L'attrape-coeur », and it is as obscure as the English one. I found it a very powerful book. While reading it, I felt sometimes very depressed because the main character is so pessimistic about his becoming an adult and about the society in general. I would never have stopped reading it, but I was really relieved when I finished it. (I really don’t understand what you mean…)The narrator is directly talking to the reader ; so I was feeling very close to him and I was empathising with his suffering. But on the other hand, it was as though I needed to have my part in this narration, just to contradict all this pessimism and negative ideas. But of course I could not ! FROM MY POINT OF VIEW*, that was the reason for these mixed feelings. 150 words

* I find this slightly inappropriate when speaking about one's own feelings (but it's perhaps subjective).(yes! cf 'according to me', which is to be avoided.)
[Pour moi, c’est surtout la lourdeur et le côté vieillot qui me gênent ! : « In my opinion/ If you ask me/ To my mind/]

Gerold’s suggestions;

The latest book I've read is « A catcher in the rye » ; the French title is « L'attrape-cœur », and it is as obscure as the English one. I found it a very powerful book. While reading it, I felt sometimes very depressed because the main character is so pessimistic about his becoming an adult and about the society in general. I would never have stopped reading it, but I was really relieved when I finished it. The narrator is directly talking to the reader (no space); so I was feeling very close to him and I was empathising with his suffering. But on the other hand, it was as though I needed to have my part in this narration, just to contradict all this pessimism and these* negative ideas. But of course I could not ! FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, I would simply say I think that was the reason for these mixed feelings. 150 words

* I'm not sure whether "these pessimism and negative ideas" or "these negative ideas and pessimism" would be acceptable. [I looked down… and couldn’t really find a satisfactory answer. I think I would change words… Ne pas aller « à la faute », même peu risquée… Play it safe: all his pessimism and the very negative ideas he develops… Rien n’oblige à aller utiliser « this », « these ».

-The difference between the most commonly used meanings of these two terms is: sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters. empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another, which is why actors often talk about it.

‘The Catcher…’ is one of my favourite novels… For two very busy days, it follows Holden Caulfield, 16, who has just been expelled from school. Holden feels estranged from the world of adults and wanders through New York City for 2 days, till we finally learn that «he has fallen sick» , is safe in a hospital and will change schools…
Holden is not a pessimist…, not really… though he has very strong pessimistic streaks. He's just an adolescent, a young adult-to-be... (who had lived a serious trauma - his brother Allie's death - when he was a young boy.)

‘The Catcher’ was in the curriculum for « the Baccalauréat A Spécialistes » for 2 years a few years ago: a difficult book, because of the idiom used and the rambling ideas which were so difficult to follow... We worked through it for hours, and I loved it… I still know some passages of it by heart… It’s so striking! My young-adult-students found a (tempting) part of them in it. They understood both Holding’s roaming hesitations and rejections of the world of adults and his idealistic principles… As Holden explains in the key-passage of the book, he wants to be the one who saves little kids running in a field of rye… He wants to prevent them from falling from a cliff… he sees himself as a Saviour. His little sister Phoebe is fascinated by the mission Holden has chosen to fulfill. My students adored it…

Une fois de plus, sentez-vous libres de nous écrire, ou ré écrire des phrases, ou des paragraphes que vous auriez envie de refaire en Follow Up Work! Merci encore à tous pour votre participation et votre excellent travail et surtout BRAVO !

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de happynutmeg13, postée le 12-06-2024 à 08:23:33 (S | E)
Hello!

Thank you for the correction!

I would never have stopped reading it, but I was really relieved when I finished it. (I really don’t understand what you mean…

Je voulais dire : ce livre est quand même assez éprouvant à lire, les sentiments pessimistes et la difficulté de vivre tellement bien rendus qu'il est difficile de ne pas les éprouver soi-même. D'où mon soulagement après l'avoir terminé, bien que je n'aie jamais eu la tentation d'en arrêter la lecture... "Mixed feelings"...

Difficile d'en rendre compte en une phrase !😐

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 12-06-2024 à 09:12:08 (S | E)
Hello early bird!

La première partie de ta phrase «I would never have stopped reading it » correspond tout à fait à «a page turner» . Quant à la seconde, n’aies pas peur d'expliquer clairement ton malaise ressenti. ( tant pis si ça fait plus d'une phrase… ce n’est pas ici l’exercice …)
Amusant ce ressenti paradoxal ! Je me souviens qu’à la fin de ma toute première lecture, qui date, j'ai aussitôt recommencé pour chercher, dans la narration tous les indices du flash back, (comme si, comme toi, j’avais eu besoin d’être rassurée sur le sort de Holden, personnage si attachant.)
Relis la scène du carrousel, celle du « reservoir » de Central Park gelé et du problème métaphysique du devenir des poissons et canards..., plus généralement, toutes les scènes avec Phoebe, elles sont la lumière dont le lecteur a besoin pour se rassurer : finalement, Holden va s'en sortir, très bien sans doute, et n’est après tout qu’un adolescent un peu plus effrayé ( cf trauma de la mort d’Allie) que les autres au seuil de l'âge adulte… C'est un livre "culte" pour les adolescents...

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de magie8, postée le 15-06-2024 à 10:55:20 (S | E)
Follow up HELLO

A gift is always welcome. A present can be given as a 'thank you' for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself a gift will always have a value. Even if you don't like the object offered.
A gift is a proof that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

TOPIC 4:On the BASED Of MY EXPERIENCE, I would choose Sydney.
First of all, what strikes you when you arrive is its dazzling /light, even under the clouds.B
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers in which you can see and hear the multicoloured birds chirping.
The most surprising is to see such a juxtaposition of the glass and metal buildings with the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.
Sydney that stretches on the edge of the Pacific Ocean is a city of enchantment.

THANK YOU

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de gerold, postée le 15-06-2024 à 12:27:33 (S | E)
Hello

A gift is always welcome welcomed ("to welcome" is a regular verb). A present can be given as a 'thank you' for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself add a comma a gift will always have a value. Even if you don't like the object offered.
A gift is a proof that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

TOPIC 4:On the BASEDBASIS Of MY EXPERIENCE, I would choose Sydney.
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers in which you can see and hear the multicoloured birds chirping.
The most surprising is to see such a juxtaposition of the* glass and metal buildings with the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.
Sydney that stretches on the edge of the Pacific Ocean is a city of enchantment.

* Better without an article, I think: anonymous buildings contrasted with the buildings from a definite architectural area.

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 15-06-2024 à 12:56:04 (S | E)
Hello, dears,

ANSWERS B: TOPIC 1: Magie's Follow Up

A gift is always welcome. A present can be given as a 'thank you' for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself, a gift will always have a value( . E) , even [il n'est pas nécessaire de changer de phrases ici.]if you don't like the object offered.
A gift is a/ the proof that you are appreciated. IN MY OPINION that is very important. 85 mots

TOPIC 4: On the BASEDbasis Of MY EXPERIENCE, I would choose Sydney.[I have been faced with that difficult choice, and we chose S]
(As for the architecture of the city, )The most surprising thing is to see such a/ the striking/ juxtaposition of the glass and metal buildings with the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.
Sydney that stretches on the edge of the Pacific Ocean is a city of enchantment. Bien amélioré.

to be based on/ a basis/ two bases/

Réponse : Let's suggest 63/Let's have a break 9 de here4u, postée le 15-06-2024 à 13:13:52 (S | E)
Hello dears,

ANSWERS B: TOPIC 1: Gerold's Follow UP

A gift is always welcome/ welcomed ("to welcome" is a regular verb/ Ici, 'welcome' peut être soit adjectif, soit verbe !Lien internet
). A present can be given as a 'thank you' for a service rendered, as a gesture of affection or in celebration of an event. A gift is something positive. Whatever it is, even if it is a simple flower, a cake or a small card made by yourself add a comma a gift will always have a value. Even if you don't like the object offered.

TOPIC 4: On the BASEDBASIS Of MY EXPERIENCE, I would choose Sydney.(Ok, mais je trouve ceci un peu sec! J'ai l'impression que Magie voudrait nous parler de son expérience, mais pas trop quand même... Je le rendrais moins factuel...)
Then there are the perfumes of the luxuriant tropical flowers in which you can see and hear the multicoloured birds chirping.B
The most surprising is to see such a juxtaposition of the* glass and metal buildings with the pink sandstone ones from the Victorian era.

* Better without an article,[ça se discute !] I think: anonymous buildings contrasted with the buildings from a definite architectural area.
I don't like your 'anonymous buildings'... Close your eyes and imagine Sidney... the buildings, the skyline, the Opera arent so anonymous...
Lien internet

TB correction. You had felt and seen what had to be!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux |