Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Les auxiliaires de modalité.
Message de marie11 posté le 24-05-2007 à 20:14:48 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour.

Traduire les phrases suivantes.

Niveau :
Correction : samedi 2 juin 2007.

1- Si jamais tu les rencontres, peux-tu leur dire qu'ils ont laissé leur carte de crédit chez moi. Je ne comprends pas qu'ils ne s'inquiètent pas plus que ça.

2- Il se peut qu'il ait fait très froid l' hiver passé. Je ne peux pas vous le dire car j'étais à l'étranger. Je devais rentrer l'année passée mais j'ai dû retarder mon retour.

3- Je sais bien qu'on dit : « Il faut que jeunesse se passe * » , mais mon mari va bientôt avoir quarante ans ! Faut-il encore qu'il passe tous ses week-ends à jouer au train électrique dans le garage ?

4- Un jour viendra où nos peurs des autres religions et cultures finiront bien par disparaître. Il est clair qu'on ne devrait pas avoir peur de ce que l'on ne connaît pas, mais on ne peut pas s'en empêcher.

5- Il faut le voir pour le croire. Non seulement il aurait dû lui laisser la priorité, mais en plus il l'insulte et joue les machos.
Pourquoi faut-il que les hommes au volant deviennent des brutes épaisses.

* Expression idiomatique. A ne pas traduire mot à mot.

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de nanette33, postée le 25-05-2007 à 00:06:01 (S | E)
Hello Marie,

Here's my try :

1- If you ever meet them, could you tell them they have left their credit card to me. I don't understand that they don't worry more than that.

2- It may it was very cold last winter. I'm not able to tell it to you because I was abroad. I was supposed to come back last year but I had to delay my return.

3- I know we say "youth will have its fling" but my husband is soon going to be 40! Should he spend still all his weekend playing at electric train in the garage?

4- One day, our fears of others religions and cultures will eventually disappear. It's obvious we shouldn't be afraid of which we don't know but we can't help it.

5- It has be to seen to be believed. Not only he would have to give way but also he insults her and plays machos. Why do the men in the cars become great oafs?

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de mp27, postée le 25-05-2007 à 09:27:10 (S | E)
Hello marie11!
1- If you ever see them, could you tell them they left their credit card at my place? I don't understand why they aren't a bit more worried about it.
2- It may have been very cold last winter. I couldn't tell you because I was abroad. I was supposed to come back last year, but I had to postpone my return.
3- I'm well aware that one says: “Youth must have its fling”, but, my husband is going to be forty soon. Should he still spend all his weekends playing with electric trains in the garage?
4- A day will come when our fears about other religions and cultures will eventually disappear. It seems obvious that we shouldn't be afraid of what we don't know (about), but, we can't help it.
5- You've got to see it to believe it. Not only should he have given her priority, but, on the top of that, he insulted her and played macho!
Why should men drivers become such big bullies / brutish louts?

Thanks!

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de maya13, postée le 25-05-2007 à 16:11:07 (S | E)
hello marie,

1 - If you happen to see them, could you tell them they left their credit card
at my place. I can't understand why they don't worry about it
2 - It may have been very cold last winter. I couldn't tell you because I was
abroad. I was due to come back last year but I had to postpone my return
3 - I know perfectly well that one says : "Youth must have its fling" but my
husband is nearly 40 years old, should he still be spending all his
weekends playing with an electric train in the garage !
4 - A day will come when our fears of other religions or cultures will
disappear. It's obvious we shouldn't be afraid of what we do not know but
we can't help it
5 - You must see it to believe it ! He should not only have given her way
but what's more he insulted her and play the macho. Why should men drivers
be such brutish louts ?

thank you marie, have a nice weekend

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de lakata, postée le 28-05-2007 à 18:03:50 (S | E)

Bonjour Marie .

1- If you happen to meet them, could you tell them they have left their credit card at my place ? I can't understand they could worry so little.

2- Last winter may have been very cold. I can't tell you since I was abroad. I was supposed to come back last year but I had to put back my return.

3- I do know it's said : " Youth must have its fling ", but my husband is to be 40 soon ! Need he spend yet all week-end long playing the electrical train in the garage ?

4- One day, our fear of different religions and culture should disappear sooner or later. We shouldn't obviously be afraid of what we don't know about, but we can't help being so.

5- It needs to be seen to be believed. Not only he should have given way to her, but moreover, he insults her and behaves as a macho.
Why need men drivers turn into brutish louts ?

Splendide exercice. Merci !!!

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de aimen7, postée le 28-05-2007 à 23:18:22 (S | E)
Hello marie11
1- If you ever meet them, can you tell them they have left their credit card at my house. I don't understand why they aren't more worried about it.

2- It may have been very cold last winter. I can't tell you about it because I was abroad. I planned to get back home last year but I had to delay my return.

3- I know quite well that we say: "Youth must have its fling", but my husband will soon be fourty! Should he still spend all his week-ends playing with an electric train in the garage?

4- A day will come when our fears of religions and cultures will finally disappear. It's obvious that we shouldn't be afraid of what we don't know, but we can't help it.

5- You must see it to beleive it. He should not only have let her go first but he also insulted her and behaved like a matcho. Why should men who drive become such louts?

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de missy59, postée le 29-05-2007 à 18:17:00 (S | E)

1- Si jamais tu les rencontres, peux-tu leur dire qu'ils ont laissé leur carte de crédit chez moi. Je ne comprends pas qu'ils ne s'inquiètent pas plus que ça.
If you meet them, can you tell them they have left their credit card at home (at my home).
I don't understand they don't worry more about that.

2- Il se peut qu'il ait fait très froid l' hiver passé. Je ne peux pas vous le dire car j'étais à l'étranger. Je devais rentrer l'année passée mais j'ai dû retarder mon retour.

It may have been cold last winter. I can't tell you because I was abroad.
I might come back last year but I had to postpone my return.

3- Je sais bien qu'on dit : « Il faut que jeunesse se passe * » , mais mon mari va bientôt avoir quarante ans ! Faut-il encore qu'il passe tous ses week-ends à jouer au train électrique dans le garage ?

I know that youngness must past, but my husband is on his forty's .
Is is obliged to play with an electric train in the garage all his week-ends ?

4- Un jour viendra où nos peurs des autres religions et cultures finiront bien par disparaître. Il est clair qu'on ne devrait pas avoir peur de ce que l'on ne connaît pas, mais on ne peut pas s'en empêcher.

A day will come where our frightness of other religions and cultures will disappeared.
It is clear that we shouldn't be afraid of unknown things, but we can't help to do it

5- Il faut le voir pour le croire. Non seulement il aurait dû lui laisser la priorité, mais en plus il l'insulte et joue les matchos.

We have to see it to think it. he should have left him the priority, but ever more, he insults him hm and play the machos.
Pourquoi faut-il que les hommes au volant deviennent des brutes épaisses.

Why men who drive become so rude ?

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de vero75, postée le 29-05-2007 à 19:31:33 (S | E)
Hello Marie,

1- If you happen to meet them, could you tell them they have left the credit card at my place. I don’t understand that they wouldn’t worry more than that.

2- It might have been very cold last winter. I can’t tell you for I was abroad. I should have got back last year but I had to delay my return.

3- I know the saying : « boys will be boys » , but my husband is going on forty! Should he still be spending all his weekends playing with electric trains in the garage?

4- The day will come when our fears of other religions and cultures eventually disappear. It is obvious we shouldn’t fear what we don't know but we can’t help it.

5- You have to see it to believe it. Not only should he have given her/him way but on top of that he abuses her/him and acts like a macho.
Why should men turn into such bullies when driving?

-------------------
Modifié par vero75 le 29-05-2007 19:31

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de micka_, postée le 29-05-2007 à 20:17:36 (S | E)
1. If you were to meet them, can you tell them that they left their credit card at my home. i don't understand that they do not worry so much about it.

2. he may have been cold last winter. I can't tell you as i was abroad. I were to come back last year but i had to put off my come back.

3. I know well that one says : "Boys will be boys", but my husband is coming up to fourty years old! Does he really need to still spend every weekend playing with an electric train in the garage?

4. A day will come in which our fears of other religion and cultures will end up vanishing away. It's clear that we should not fear the unknow, but we can't help it.

5. We have to see it to believe it. Not only had he had to leave priority, but he insulted him as well and showed off. Why do drivers need to become violent while driving.

Merci pour ces traductions intéressantes!!

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de missy59, postée le 01-06-2007 à 16:14:51 (S | E)
je me suis trompée

Il se peut qu'il ait fait très froid se traduit par 'it might have been cold"
et non "may", je corrige donc ma phrase, comme je suis nouvelle je ne sais pas si c'est possible ou non.

bonne journée

Réponse: Les auxiliaires de modalité. de marie11, postée le 02-06-2007 à 20:13:42 (S | E)
Bonjour.

Voici quelques remarques préliminaires :

1 - Pour exprimer des hypothèses extrêmement incertaines, on peut employer la conjonction IF associée à l'adverbe EVER. Mais on peut aussi associer cette conjonction à l'auxiliaire modal SHOULD. Cela signifie la même chose. C'est l'équivalent du français :« Si jamais.... »
On peut même ne pas utiliser IF et faire passer SHOULD en inversion.
EX:
If you should change your mind = Should you change your mind.

2 - Il s'agit de relater un événement probable du passé. On peut employer indifféremment MAY ou MIGHT, mais MIGHT ne suffit pas pour exprimer le passé invoqué par "last winter". Ce qui marque ce passé, c'est l'emploi de l'INFINITIF PASSÈ :"have been".
Cependant j'ai préferé employer MAY car ce modal exprime une incertitude concernant un fait passé, que l'on considère comme possible.
L'emploi de "be to" dans la seconde phrase renvoie au sens premier de cette locution modale: "be to" exprime un devoir suite à une organisation, une planification.

3 - Ce WILL du proverbe est un emploi un peu formel mais qui n'a pas disparu. En fait, le premier sens de WILL est la volonté.

4 - Cas logique où WHEN est suivi du modal WILL. En fait on ne trouve pas WILL après WHEN quand le futur introduit par WHEN est considéré par le locuteur comme certain. En revanche, quand le locuteur envisage un avenir plus ou moins hypothétique(en tout cas absolument pas planifié, prévu, organisé), alors ce futur peut être exprimé par WILL dont c'est le sens de base : futur non certain

5 - Notez l'inversion après " Not only".
He's just putting on an act ──> Il fait son numéro / il joue la comédie

Voici ce que je vous propose :

1 - If ever you meet them /if you should meet them /should you meet them, could you tell them that they have forgotten their credit card at my place. By the way, I can't understand they do not worry more than they do.

2 - The weather may have been very cold here last winter. I cannot tell you, I was abroad. I was to come last year but I had to postpone my homecoming.

3 - I know that boys will be boys as the saying goes, but my husband will be forty soon. Must he still spend all his weekends in the garage playing with his electric train ?

4 - A day will come when we will stop fearing other religions and cultures. Obviously, we should not be afraid of what we do not know but we just can't help it.

5 - It needs to be seen to be believed ! Not only should he have given way to her but, moreover, he insults her and puts on a macho act.
Why do men drivers always have to become brutish louts !

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux