Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Jane Austen's house (écouter)

<< Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page Haut | 1 | 2 | Fin | En bas
Jane Austen's house (écouter)
Message de notrepere posté le 06-12-2010 à 04:36:14 (S | E | F)
Voici un autre exercice pour les oreilles. Cette fois-ci, il n'y a pas de "Part B". Je vous présente le texte entier sauf qu'un ou deux mots sont manquants. J'espère que vous trouverez quelque chose d'intéressante. Enjoy yourselves as our dear Violet would say!

Jane Austen's house in Chawton (BBC)
Correction: 20 décembre
Video link: cliquez ici

N.B. Si le clip vidéo ne marche pas, il faut le RealPlayer

1. Now, can there be _____ _____ _____ _____ who has not yet _____ _____ by the _____ and _____ of Jane Austen. She was _____ and _____ in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has _____ _____ _____ with her fans. But the _____ _____ of TV adaptations means _____ _____ are _____ and the museum _____ _____ to _____. Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It's not just Jane Austen's writing that's _____ _____ _____ _____ _____, her home's _____ well too. Around 37,000 people _____ _____ _____ _____ each year. If the museum gets _____ _____ _____ in _____ _____, visitors will _____ _____ _____ _____.

3. This part of the house is _____ _____ by _____ _____. It used to be Jane Austen's _____. If the money's given, then this will be _____ and it will _____ _____ of the museum. And _____ there'll be a new _____ _____.

4. We want to do more, you know, with this _____ that we've got. We're not planning to _____ _____ _____ a sort of _____ _____ -- that would be _____ _____ -- but we do want to be able to _____ _____ _____ _____ and perhaps have more _____ and that _____ _____ _____.

5. It's the 200th _____ of Jane moving to Chawton next year. They want the _____ _____ _____ _____ _____.

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own _____ _____. We put up a case to them which we believe is a _____ _____ _____, and we just hope that they can help Jane Austen again.

7. If they're _____, they say _____ _____ will start, the _____ will be _____ and those _____ _____ will never get to _____ _____ _____ _____.

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de hanifa, postée le 06-12-2010 à 10:28:53 (S | E)
Hello NP,

I'm trying to do the exercise, but I confess it is very difficult for me. Indeed, the characters of the video speak very fastly fast, and I'm lost. Lol!

Anyway, I will doing do my best; after all, I am here to learn and improve my English, isn't it aren't I?

And since I found this website, I have made tremendous progress in English.

See you soon.

Hanifa

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-12-2010 10:39

-------------------
Modifié par hanifa le 06-12-2010 11:38

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de hanifa, postée le 06-12-2010 à 12:09:48 (S | E)
Hello everybody,

So this is my attempt. And when I read back the text, I say in myself what a disaster!! Lol, but no shame...

Here I go :

1. Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been suggest by the _____ and _____ of Jane Austen. She was _born and lives in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has been popular with her fans. But the reason's spate of TV adaptations means visiting numbers are blooming and the museum badly near to expand. Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It's not just Jane Austen's writing that's _____ _____ _____ _____ _____, her home's _____ well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around rooms each year. If the museum gets _____ _____ _____ in lotery founded, visitors will see a little more.

3. This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money's given, then this will be renovated and it will _____ _____ of the museum. And outside there'll be a new visiting center.

4. We want to do more, you know, with this plan that we've got. We're not planning to turn in _____ _____ a sort of _____ _____ -- that would be entirely wrong but we do want to be able to _____ _____ memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of things.

5. It's the 200th anniversary of Jane moving to Chawton next year. They want the changes in place by then.

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own positival _____. We put up a case to them which we believe is a good case _____, and we just hope that they _____ _____ Jane Austen again.

7. If they're unsuccessful, they say crisis management will start, the improvement will be scraped and those heeding rooms will never get to tell their own stories.

And concerning the last question, I don't know, I can't wait the correction. And please NP, don't laugh because I tried to do my best. ;o)

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 06-12-2010 à 18:46:03 (S | E)
Hello Hanifa, Bravo! I would never laugh at your answers and I know that some parts are more difficult than others. There are three or four different accents in this video, so it's very good practice. Good for you for giving your ears a good "workout".

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de hanifa, postée le 06-12-2010 à 19:32:11 (S | E)
Hello NP,

Many thanks for your answer, I appreciate it a lot. Yes, as you said, it is a very good practice for my hearing.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-12-2010 20:42

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de dolfine56, postée le 07-12-2010 à 16:44:00 (S | E)
Bonjour NP, bonjour à tous,

,NP, pour cet exercice de haute voltige...difficile, mais super productif si mes oreilles réussissent à s'adapter ...il faudra du temps, mais je ne désespère pas.

1. Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet suggested by the wits and charm of Jane Austen. She was born and lived in in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has long been popular with her fans. But therecent state of TV adaptations means visiting numbers are booming and the museum _badly needs to expand. Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It's not just Jane Austen's writing that's protected to time, her home's very well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around these rooms each year. If the museum gets half millenium in loteries panzing (?, visitors will see a little more.

3. This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money's given, then this will be renovated and it will come part of the museum. And outside there'll be a new visiting center.

4. We want to do more, you know, with this _plan that we've got. We're not planning to _____ _____ _____ a sort of attraction that would have been terrible -- but we do want to be able to own that memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of things.

5. It's the 200th anniversary of Jane moving to Chawton next year. They want the changes him in place by them.

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own seefer (sinful) way. We put up a case to them which we believe is a very good case, and we just hope that they _____ _____ Jane Austen again.

7. If they're unsuccesful, they say crisis management will start, the improvement will be smart and those --- rooms will never get to tell their own stories.

the easiest one was the 3; the most difficult one was the 6.I'm still looking for the question..Please, NP, you ought to keep the woman speaking on part 3, she is the most comprehensible...

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 08-12-2010 à 18:01:15 (S | E)
Hello dear Dolfine. Isn't it interesting the variety of accents in the UK? I admit that the accent in #6 was difficult, even for me, and that is why I didn't leave too many of the words blank because I knew that would be mean (un homme méchant). As you see, to truly understand English, you need to be able to understand a variety of different accents. Listening is the key. After British, I think we should try American, Indian English, and Australian English. Your ears will be bleeding by then, I think. Un jour, tu comprendras tout. J'écoute souvent les test audio en français sur le site. Je comprends exactement tous les problèmes. Souvent je ne comprends rien.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-12-2010 18:12
Please don't forget the Welsh accent!!

-------------------
Modifié par notrepere le 08-12-2010 19:33
Ah yes, the Welsh accent, and the Scottish accent (especially the Edinburgh accent). This should keep me busy for a few years at least! You will all be sick of me by then.

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de may, postée le 08-12-2010 à 19:39:21 (S | E)
Hello notrepere

Me voilà

1. Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been seduced by the wits and charm of Jane Austen. She was born and lived in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has long been popular with her fans. But the recent state of TV adaptations means visitor numbers are booming and the museum badly needs to expand. Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It's not just Jane Austen's writing that's stood the test of time, her home's fairing well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around these rooms each year. If the museum gets half a million in lottery funding, visitors will see a little more.

3. This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money's given, then this will be renovated and it will become part of the museum. And outside there'll be a new visitor center.

4. We want to do more, you know, with this plan that we've got. We're not planning to turn into it a sort of razmataz attraction -- that would be entirely wrong -- but we do want to be able to honour her memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of thing.

5. It's the 200th anniversary of Jane moving to Chawton next year. They want the changes in place by then.

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own procedural way. We put up a case to them which we believe is a very good case, and we just hope that they can help Jane Austen again.

7. If they're unsuccessful, they say crisis >management will start, the improvements will be scrapped and those hidden rooms will never get to tell their own stories.

Question: En anglais, il y a une figure de style qui s'appelle un « redundant negative ». Quel paragraphe (1-7) dans le texte s'emploie un « redundant negative » ? The first sentence in paragraph 1 Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been secduced by the wits and charm of Jane Austen I think ...

The lady's accent (in paragraph 4) reminds me Emma Thompson in The Remains Of The Day (Movie,movie)

Thank you notrepere

Happy Wednesday,

-------------------
Modifié par may le 20-12-2010 02:41

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de dolfine56, postée le 10-12-2010 à 11:48:37 (S | E)
Hi, NP,
Yes, you are right, but with " Your ears will be bleeding by then " you promise us "blood and tears"!!!
I'd be very glad if I could be able to understand British accent...to begin with.

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de may, postée le 12-12-2010 à 02:00:19 (S | E)
Hello dear Dolfine56,

I agree with you the lady's accent in paragraph 3 is the easiest one. However, I am still looking for your answer to the question of "redundant negative" to see how wrong I am

Cordialement

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 12-12-2010 à 12:20:48 (S | E)
Hello dear np!

Here is my try:

1. Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been seduced by the wits and charm of Jane Austen. She was born and lived in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has long been popular with her fans. But the recent spate of TV adaptations means visitors numbers are booming and the museum badly needs to expand. Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It's not just Jane Austen's writing that stood the test of time, her home's faring well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around these rooms each year. If the museum gets half a million in lottery funding, visitors will see a little more.

3. This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money's given, then this will be renovated and it will become part of the museum. And outside there'll be a new visitors centre.

4. We want to do more, you know, with this plan that we've got. We're not planning to turn it into a sort of razzmatazz attraction -- that would be entirely wrong -- but we do want to be able to honour her memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of things.

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own procedural way. We put up a case to them which we believe is a very good case, and we just hope that they can help Jane Austen again.

7. If they're unsuccessful, they say crisis management will start, the improvement will be scrapped and those hidden rooms will never get to tell their own story.

Question: En anglais, il y a une figure de style qui s'appelle un « redundant negative ». Quel paragraphe (1-7) dans le texte emploie un « redundant negative » ?

In my opinion the first one does.

It was not quite easy sometimes Thank you anyway, I enjoyed it!

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 12-12-2010 18:35
In &7 I think it is 'scrapped' from the verb 'scrap' = give up.
Lien Internet

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de moony59, postée le 12-12-2010 à 14:07:51 (S | E)
Hello NP,

Here is what my little French ears have heard.

1. Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been seduced by the wit and charm of Jane Austen. She was born and lived in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has long been popular with her fans. But the recent state of TV adaptations means visit numbers are boomy and the museum badly needs to expand. Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It's not just Jane Austen's writing that's ___ ___ test of time, her home's _____ well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around these rooms each year. If the museum gets half a million in lottery funding, visitors will see and little more.

3. This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money's given, then this will be ruined ? and it will become part of the museum. And outside there'll be a new visitors center.

4. We want to do more, you know, with this plan that we've got. We're not planning to turn it into a sort of raising attraction -- that would be entirely wrong -- but we do want to be able to _____ ____ memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of thing.

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own procedural way. We put up a case to them which we believe is a very good case, and we just hope that they ____ ____ Jane Austen again.

7. If they're successful, they say crisis management will start, the improvement will be scrapped ? and those hidden rooms will never get to tell their own stories.

Thank you for this exercise.

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de violet91, postée le 12-12-2010 à 15:55:46 (S | E)
Hello friend notrepere and dear all,

" Do you want to kill" us ?!!!
Well...that was not a real piece of cake (, was it ?) although I still find this sort of videos (writers' or famous places) extremely complementary to our own knowledge and enriching (educational).

Thank you ever so much again !
Yet, honestly speaking , lady 4 could be less "posh" and affected . Man 6 does not have to speak at this speed and swallow his words for not being understood !

1. Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been seduced by the wit(s) and charm of Jane Austen. She was born and lived in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has long been popular with her fans. But the recent spate of TV adaptations means visitors ' numbers are booming and the museum badly needs to expand . Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It is not just Jane Austen's writing that stood (resisted, vanquished..?)the test of time , her home's faring well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around these rooms each year. If the museum gets half a million in lottery funding, visitors will see a little more.

3. This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money is given, then this will be renovated and it will become part of the museum. And outside there will be a new visitors' centre .

4. We want to do more, you know, with this plan that we have got. We are not planning to turn it into a sort of razzmatazz* attraction -- that would be entirely wrong-- but we do want to be able to honour her memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of things .

5. It's the 200th anniversary of Jane moving to Chawton next year. They want the changes in place by then

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own procedural way .We put up a case to them which we believe is a very good case, and we just hope that they can help Jane Austen again.

7. If they are unsuccessful, they say crisis management will start, the improvement will be scrapped(fragmented? cut down?) and those hidden rooms will never get to tell their own story .

* Ca alors ! Il fallait le "sortir"..pure English!..(how authoritative she sounds, too!)
* My "favourite " lady is number 3 .

Question: En anglais, il y a une figure de style qui s'appelle un « redundant negative ». Quel paragraphe (1-7) dans le texte emploie un « redundant negative » ?

- Well done, notrepere : une figure de style! (good teaching): " can there be anybody in the world.....not yet seduced " must be the one you are asking for.= nobody in the world can be impervious to J.Austen's seduction. Non!...C'est inimaginaaaaable !..Just ask the man in the street !
--cf : "Qui m'a crevé l'oeil ?" hurla le Cyclope - " C'est "Personne",rusa Ulysse.(en Grec,Russe..deux négations se renforcent.)

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 12-12-2010 à 17:00:11 (S | E)
Hello violet! and np!

When I first heard 'razzmatazz' I thought that poor lady had caught one of her fingers in the kitchen door...

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 13-12-2010 à 04:49:10 (S | E)
Hello! You've all done very well but no one has answered the question correctly. I thought it would be easier and I didn't intend to make the question impossible to answer. You are right about #6 - this is what I call "marble-mouth British diction" and it's very difficult to understand all of the words because it's so fast and garbled. Listen to #6 again, especially the last two missing words. (Hint, hint)

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 13-12-2010 à 09:18:38 (S | E)
Hello np

The question may concern &2
It's not just Jane Austen's writing ...

You must be right for &6 but though I think that man doesn't say 'can help' after listening again, I don't understand clearly what he says

I'll listen to him again,later, after another nice cup of coffee.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 13-12-2010 09:53
Well...I just believe now that my whole &6 is wrong!

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de may, postée le 13-12-2010 à 14:54:48 (S | E)
Good morning,

What a hint, notrepere. So, let me see if I can't answer the question...Hhmmm, it would be ...We just hope that they can't help Jane Austen again (I just guess, not very certain about what I hear...).

The explanation is that Since the case is a very good case, so the negative of this case can't help is to emphasize the very possible which is can help (What am I saying )

Well, let me rephrase..

The explanation is that Since the case is a very good case..., the negative meaning in they can't help Jane Austen again is used to emphasize the very possibility of helping her. PHEW...

Hope it won't be wrong

Happy Monday

-------------------
Modifié par may le 13-12-2010 17:54

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de violet91, postée le 13-12-2010 à 18:27:40 (S | E)

Hello dear three,

Obviously..there is a very, very short bit (comme une croche , en musique !! A sort of tricky quaver !) ..could it be they cannot help J.A.again ? L'essentiel étant que les donateurs soient au rendez-vous !!

..comme on peut dire " il n'est pas très malin,celui-là "quand on pense "il est bête à bouffer fu foin!"

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 13-12-2010 à 19:02:41 (S | E)
Oh Lords, il n'est pas clair! Quand j'ai écouté le clip à l'origine, j'ai pensé sans doute qu'il a dit "can't" mais maintenant je ne suis pas sûr! J'ai un doute maintenant. Je demanderai à un Anglais. Je retire la question! Désolé - Je sais que vos oreilles sont cassées maintenant.

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de hanifa, postée le 13-12-2010 à 19:08:08 (S | E)
Hello everybody,

Et bien alors NP, tu veux nous induire en erreur?! No, I just kidding, but indeed my ears are broken now... But for a good cause (reason).

Hanifa

-------------------
Modifié par hanifa le 13-12-2010 19:09

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de violet91, postée le 13-12-2010 à 19:11:56 (S | E)

C'est cela, sire !! Tu pourras demander à un Anglais qui parle aussi ou avale le " Français, Latin et.. Javanais" !

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 13-12-2010 à 19:31:45 (S | E)
Oui, je suis un triste sire! Well, I think it is "can't" when I listen naturally, but when I try to hear "can", I can hear that too. I have sent a message to my London contact who will at least give her opinion. In the final analysis, it was not a fair question and I'm sorry. Although you have now learned (or learnt ) about "redundant negatives" which is a very good thing indeed and we'll see if you can't remember what they are.

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 13-12-2010 à 19:56:28 (S | E)
I have listened and listened again the 4 or 5 words the curator said, and I am quite sure...98%... he says 'can help'.

The lady in &4 is excellent to teach the pronunciation of the H

Never mind np! it is lovely to listen to a text.
Would you believe me if I tell you I know a French man in a small village in south of France that I don't understand unless I ask him to repeat 4 or 5 times what he is saying!...I will record him some day and send you the CD

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 13-12-2010 à 21:50:46 (S | E)
Hello!

J'ai retiré la question entièrement. J'ai demandé à chrislondon et elle a dit « Selon le contexte, je pense qu'il a dit can mais je ne suis pas sûre ». So I have withdrawn the question because of the confusion. It's either can or can't and they both can make sense in the context.

Have a nice day.

NP, le diable

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 13-12-2010 à 23:25:33 (S | E)
Hello np!

Avec le contexte et surtout le verbe 'hope'+ 'just' il me semble que logiquement on dirait 'can help'.
Je n'imagine pas ce brave conservateur de musée dire qu'ils espèrent juste qu'ils ne pourront pas aider J.A.
Qu'en penses-tu? qu'en pensez-vous?

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 14-12-2010 à 00:10:11 (S | E)
Bonsoir Lucile, oui, ton avis est valable. Il est probable qu'il n'emploie pas un « redundant negative » à ce moment-là. C'est moi qui l'ai inventé entièrement.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 14-12-2010 00:14

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 14-12-2010 à 00:24:41 (S | E)
Voici de quoi te consoler dear np!

Lien Internet

Il arrivera à temps pour ce soir...bon appétit!

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de may, postée le 14-12-2010 à 17:11:58 (S | E)
Hello un homme méchant, un triste sire, le diable

So, we all have very good laugh, triste sire Are you happy now enjoying the cake from dear Lucile? Good news for me is you took out the question, but the "Hint,hint" is still there so my answer's not considered as a bad one, isn't it? or I might become an inventor (it's good though..)

However, may I have a question regarding the first sentence Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been seduced by the wits and charm of Jane Austen which I chose as the use of "redundant negative"?

Would you like to give me the explanation why it's not the one?

Happy Tuesday,

-------------------
Modifié par may le 14-12-2010 17:13
Grammar correction

-------------------
Modifié par may le 15-12-2010 16:42

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de toma8, postée le 16-12-2010 à 23:52:56 (S | E)
1. Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been seduced by the wit and charm of Jane Austen. She was born and lived in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has long been popular with her fans. But the recent spate of TV adaptations means visitors’ numbers are booming and the museum badly needs to expend. Danielle Glavin reports.

2. It's not just Jane Austen's writing that's _____ _____ _____ _____ _____, her home's _____ well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around these rooms each year. If the museum gets half a million in lottery founding, visitors will see a little more.

3. This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money's given, then this will be renovated and it will become part of the museum. And outside there'll be a new visitor center.

4. We want to do more, you know, with this plan that we've got. We're not planning to turn it into a sort of razzmatazz attraction -- that would be entirely wrong -- but we do want to be able to honor her memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of thing.

5. It's the 200th anniversary of Jane moving to Chawton next year. They want the changes emplace by them _____.

6. We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own procedure way. We put up a case to them which we believe is a very good case and we just hope that they can help Jane Austen again.

7. If they're unsuccessful, they say crises management will start, the improvement will be scraped and those hidden rooms will never get to tell their own stories.

thanks

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 20-12-2010 à 19:57:38 (S | E)
J'arrive!

Now, can there be anybody in the world who has not yet been seduced by the wit and charm of Jane Austen. She was born and lived in Hampshire, of course, and her house in Chawton has long been popular with her fans. But the recent spate of TV adaptations means visitor numbers are booming and the museum badly needs to expand.

It's (It is) not just Jane Austen's writing that's (that has) stood the test of time, her home's (home is) faring well too. Around 37,000 people snoop around these rooms each year. If the museum gets half a million in lottery funding, visitors will see a little more.

This part of the house is never seen by the public. It used to be Jane Austen's kitchen. If the money's (money is) given, then this will be renovated and it will become part of the museum. And outside there'll (there will) be a new visitor centre.

We want to do more, you know, with this plan that we've (we have) got. We're (we are) not planning to turn it into a sort of razzmatazz attraction -- that would be entirely wrong. But we do want to be able to honour her memory more and perhaps have more events and that kind of thing.

It's (It is) the 200th anniversary of Jane moving to Chawton next year. They want the changes in place by then.

We have to have the lottery deal with things in their own procedural way. We put up a case to them which we believe is a very good case, and we just hope that they can help Jane Austen again.

If they're (they are) unsuccessful, they say crisis management will start, the improvements will be scrapped and those hidden rooms will never get to tell their own stories.

Merci pour votre participation. J'espère que vous avez aimé cet exercice. La correction continuera un peu plus tard...

-------------------
Modifié par notrepere le 20-12-2010 20:12

Réponse: Jane Austen's house (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 20-12-2010 à 21:53:00 (S | E)
np! that was a very interesting exercise, with a lot of 's'...

I enjoyed it

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< Exercices du forum
Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page Haut | 1 | 2 | Fin | En bas

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux