Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Here lies Lily Waters (écouter)

<< Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Here lies Lily Waters (écouter)
Message de notrepere posté le 01-01-2011 à 20:09:56 (S | E | F)

Bonne année ! Le dernier exercice de Violet a créé le suspens ! Concernant Lily Waters, que lui est-il arrivé ? Pourquoi est-elle morte ? Découvrez la vérité dans cette vidéo. Dans cet exercice, il faut écouter et remplir le texte avec les mots manquants. (Seulement 30% )

Attention!! Je viens de vous donner des indices. Ces indices sont cachés et l'ordre des lettres est changé.

Agatha Christie's By the pricking of my thumbs
Correction:17 janvier 2011
Video link: cliquez ici

Cast of characters:

Miss Jane Marple
(Colonel) Tommy Beresford
Tuppence Beresford
Ada Beresford (Tommy Beresford's aunt)
Julia Stark
Philip Stark
Reverend Bligh
Nellie Bligh
Lily Waters

Miss Marple: Look! This is _____ _____.

Tuppence Beresford: '_____ _____ _____ _____ _____.' Il s'agit d'une citation de Macbeth par Shakespeare: "By the pricking of my thumbs ..."
Marple: Someone's _____ _____ _____ _____. Colonel Beresford?

Tommy Beresford: And who is this?

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is _____ in that there is a _____ _____ that Ada was _____ at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster _____ by someone in this _____. We are _____ _____ _____ the police here and would _____ you authorizing that STOP - TEMMOR. Do you understand?

Tommy: Would you _____ _____ please and put my wife _____ _____ _____ _____?

Marple: Do you know Sir Henry Plithering, the Commissioner of _____ _____?

Tommy: Well yes, of course.

Marple: Our STAHP VEAH DRCOSES before and we _____ each other as _____ _____. If you have _____ _____ as to how seriously to take _____ _____, I suggest you _____ _____, Colonel Beresford.

Tuppence: _____ _____ _____ _____ _____, Reverend Bligh?

Marple: Julia Stark was the last Wallender.

Reverend: Yes…

Marple: And Julia Stark had taken _____ _____ _____ _____ _____.

Reverend: Yes!

Philip Stark: My wife is dead.

Marple: The wife _____ _____ is dead. But _____ _____ _____, you and Nellie have taken care of the LSEHL that was left of Julia, haven't you? Keeping her _____ in institutions, I imagine, then _____ _____. Hiding _____ _____ through the use of _____ like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had _____ _____ _____ _____ at Sunny Ridge.

Tuppence to Julia Stark: Is this where you brought _____ _____?

Julia: To play HLWEI _____ CETWAHD. Why let all this love _____ _____ _____?

Tuppence: Why did you _____ _____?

Julia: Why should _____ _____ _____ and the _____ _____ _____? Some things are _____ when you look at them right. You know what you have to do. Have a _____ _____ _____, my dear.

Tuppence: No…

[Garbled dialogue omitted]

Julia: She knows, Philip, she knows!

Tommy: Sir Philip and Lady Stark, I'm _____ you for the _____ of Nellie Bligh, Ada Beresford and _____ _____. You're not _____ to say anything, but anything you do say will be _____ _____ and may be _____ _____ _____.

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 01-01-2011 à 21:29:48 (S | E)
Hello np!
Happy New Year! ...are we supposed to wait for the video? or have you gone out for a cup of coffee?
Tell us please

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de violet91, postée le 02-01-2011 à 00:04:55 (S | E)

Good evening dear np. Thank you very much again for posting something close to my latest work . Welcome to the video when it does appear. I already know it is spoken in so good English !... Quelle coopération sympathique et intelligente.

to you dear American friend ..and the passionate members.

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 02-01-2011 à 09:35:15 (S | E)
np ! tu as créé le complément à l'exercice de violet!
C'est un superbe travail et une coopération fructueuse! quel régal, à tous points de vue
Merci à tous deux pour votre implication

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de ariane6, postée le 04-01-2011 à 20:37:19 (S | E)

Hello NP ! Merci pour cet aural ! Tous mes voeux de bonne année pour 2011 !
Hello Lucile et Violet ! Happy New Year !

---- Après les impliqués... place aux appliqués !

J'ai laissé quelques trous pour les mots que mes oreilles ont été incapables de capter...... désolée !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miss Marple: Look! This is the warning.

Tuppence Beresford: 'something we keep _???_ _???_.'

Marple: Someone's trying to scare us. Colonel Beresford?

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is right in that there is a real possibility that Ada was murdered at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster abducted by someone in this village. We are about to contact the police here and would appreciate you authorizing that __???_ - _???_. Do you understand?

Tommy: Would you go away please and put my wife back on the line?

Marple: Do you know Sir Henry Plithering, the Commissioner of Scotland Yard?

Marple: Our part? of _???_ before and we count each other as personal friends. If you have any doubt as to how seriously to take these allegations, I suggest you contact him, Colonel Beresford.

Tuppence: What happened to Lily Waters, Reverend Bligh?

Marple: And Julia Stark had taken Lily Waters and killed her.

Marple: The wife in you is dead. But down the years, you and Nellie have taken care of the __???_ that was left of Julia, haven't you?
Keeping her resident in institutions, I imagine, then retirement homes. Hiding her identity through the use of _???__ like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had stumbled across the truth at Sunny Ridge.

Tuppence to Julia Stark: Is this where you brought Lily Waters?

Julia: To play what I wanted. Why let all this love go to waste?

Tuppence: Why did you kill her?

Julia: Why should my baby die and the common child live? Some things are simple when you look at them right.
You know what you have to do. Have a glass of milk, my dear.

Tommy: Sir Philip and Lady Stark, I'm arresting you for the murder of Nellie Bligh, Ada Beresford and Lily Waters.
You're not obliged to say anything, but anything you do say will be taken down and may be used in evidence.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 04-01-2011 21:03
Happy New Year ariane!

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 04-01-2011 à 22:06:24 (S | E)
Bonjour ariane! You've given in* too easily. Savez-vous que l'expression « By the pricking of my thumbs » trouve son origine dans la tragédie « Macbeth » par William Shakespeare ? Je suggère que tout le monde doive lire l'expression complète avant que l'on commence l'exercice. L'expression complète se trouve dans ce lien:

Lien Internet

*give in (to somebody/something)
1 to admit that you have been defeated by somebody/something
Lien Internet

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de violet91, postée le 07-01-2011 à 23:35:40 (S | E)
Miss Marple on the phone..is murder ! Sorry for the invisible "task":

Miss Marple: Look! This is a warning

Tuppence Beresford: 'Something wicked this way comes'

Marple: Someone's trying to scare us,Colonel Beresford?

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is right in that there is a real possibility that Ada was murdered at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster abducted by someone in this village . We are about to contact the police here and would appreciate you authorizing that post-mortem! Do you understand?

Tommy: Would you go away please and put my wife back on the line ?

Marple: Do you know Sir Henry Plithering, the Commissioner of Scotland Yard ?

Marple: Our paths have crossed before and we count each other as personal friends .If you have any doubt as to how seriously to take these allegations ,I suggest you contact him ,Colonel Beresford.

Marple: The wife you knew is dead. But down the years , you and Nellie have taken care of the shell that was left of Julia, haven't you? Keeping her resident in institutions, I imagine, then retirement homes . Hiding _her identity through the use of pseudonyms (probably) like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had stumbled across the truth at Sunny Ridge.

Tuppence to Julia Stark: Is this where you brought Lily Waters ?

Julia: To play while I watched. Why let all this love go to waste ?

Tuppence: Why did you kill her ?

Julia: Why should my baby die and the common child live ? Some things are simple when you look at them right. You know what you have to do. Have a glass of milk ,my dear.

Tommy: Sir Philip and Lady Stark, I'm arresting you for the murder of Nellie Bligh, Ada Beresford and Lily Waters .You're not obliged to say anything, but anything you do say will be taken down and may be used in evidence. Good evening ,friend...I'll do my best ..but I'll have to come back..

Well,np, don't bother about words I chose to put to give some sentences sense. I haven't filled in all the blanks or with "my" words..I'll come back tomorrow ( I played the video once , tonight.)..and when I have bought myself an ear-sharpener !! Good night for now.

--Coming back, as promised..I heard the dialogues twice..some more time and improvements , I hope ! Still ...did you get what was said on and through the phone ?!!
..I may visit you once more , Dr Jekyll!.and strain my ears again..(January 8th/11P.M

Anyway, It is truly lovely of you and GREAT to add this last piece so that the other members can know the end of the novel. I do thank you for that .!

It is Sunday today...have a nice time np. Three more changes...I am almost sure it'll be " mon dernier mot , cher..!"

---Eh ! Bien ! Géniale la petite partie de scrabble ! Merci ,np,tu ne manques pas d'idées pédagoqiques!! Ce "devrait" être au point ! Good night . January 9th/10.47.P.M

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 08-01-2011 à 14:50:42 (S | E)
Hello dear np!
Why are you so angry at us?
What have we done?

No matter...j'adore quand la voix de Miss Marple monte haut,très haut...it reminds me ...
Well,I'll have to come back here I am afraid but I won't give in

Miss Marple: Look! This is a warning.

Tuppence Beresford: 'Something wicked this way comes.'

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is right in that there is a real possibility that Ada was murdered at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster abducted by someone in this village. We are about to contact the police here and would appreciate you/your authorizing that post-mortem. Do you understand?

Marple: Our paths have crossed before and we count each other as personal friends. If you have any doubt as to how seriously to take these allegations, I suggest you contact him, Colonel Beresford.

Marple: The wife you knew is dead. But down the years, you and Nellie have taken care of the shell that was left of Julia, haven't you? Keeping her resident in institutions, I imagine, then retirement homes. Hiding her identity through the use of pseudonyms like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had stumbled across the truth at Sunny Ridge.

Julia: To play while I watched. Why let all this love go to waste?

Julia: Why should my baby die and the common child live? Some things are simple when you look at them right. You know what you have to do. Have a glass of milk, my dear.

Tommy: Sir Philip and Lady Stark, I'm arresting you for the murder of Nellie Bligh, Ada Beresford and Lily Waters. You're not obliged to say anything, but anything you do say will be taken down and may be used in evidence.

Thank you for all, especially for omitting the garbled dialogue
Pinky

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-01-2011 22:04
Thanks for the hints np! Oops!! last try, I think it is all right now!.

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de dolfine56, postée le 12-01-2011 à 15:26:05 (S | E)
Hello,
here is my try...it was not a piece of cake...

Tuppence Beresford:" something wicked is coming"

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is right in that there is a real possibility that Ada was murdered at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster abducted by someone in this village. We are about to contact the police here and would appreciate you authorizing that post --- . Do you understand?

Tommy: Would you go away please and put my wife back on the land?

Tommy: Yes, of course.

Marple: Our path have crossed before and we count each other as personnal friends. If you have any doubt as to how seriously to take these allegations, I suggest you to contact, Colonel Beresford.

Tuppence: what happened to Lilly Waters, Reverend Bligh?

Marple: And Julia Stark had taken Lilly Waters and killed her.

Marple: The wife you knew_ is dead. But down the years, you and Nellie have taken care of the shell that was left of Julia, haven't you? Keeping her resident in institutions, I imagine, then retirement homes. Hiding her identity through the use of pseudonyme like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had stumbled accross the truth at Sunny Ridge.

Tuppence to Julia Stark: Is this where you brought Lilly Waters?

Julia: To play what I wanted. Why let all this love go to waste?

Julia: Why should my baby die and the common child lives? Some things are simple when you look at them right. You know what you have to do. Have a glass of milk, my dear.

Tommy: Sir Philip and Lady Stark, I'm arresting you for the murder of Nellie Bligh, Ada Beresford and Lilly Waters. You're not obliged to say anything, but anything you do say will be taken down and may be used in evidence.

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de may, postée le 15-01-2011 à 02:16:17 (S | E)
Bonsoir notrepere,

Tuppence Beresford: 'something wicked this way comes.'

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is right in that there is a real possibility that Ada was murdered at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster abducted by someone in this village. We are about to contact the police here and would appreciate you authorizing that post-mortem Do you understand?

Marple: Our paths have crossed before and we count each other as personal friends. If you have any doubt as to how seriously to take these allegations, I suggest you contact him, Colonel Beresford.

Marple: The wife you knew is dead. But down the years, you and Nellie have taken care of the shell that was left of Julia, haven't you? Keeping her resident in institutions, I imagine, then retirement homes. Hiding her identity through the use of suidom like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had stumbled upon the truth at Sunny Ridge.

Julia: Why should my baby die and the common child live? Some things are simple when you look at them right. You know what you have to do. Have a glass of milk, my dear.

Tommy: Sir Philip and Lady Stark, I'm arresting you for the murder of Nellie Bligh, Ada Beresford and Lily Waters. You're not obliged to say anything, but anything you do say will be taken down and may be used in evidence.

Good night,

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de hmarie, postée le 17-01-2011 à 11:21:54 (S | E)
Bonjour notrepere.
C'est un devoir inachevé que je poste. J'ai pourtant attendu jusqu'au dernier moment espérant voir mes oreilles s'ouvrir à l'incroyable débit de Miss Marple; l'entendre au téléphone n'est pas aisé non plus et je n'ai pas pu profiter de tous les coups de pouce si gentiment donnés. C'est à desespérer!
Merci pour ces exercices. On ne peut que progresser!

Tuppence Beresford: 'Something we _____ _____ _____.' Il s'agit d'une citation de Macbeth par Shakespeare: "By the pricking of my thumbs ..."

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is right in that there is a real possibility that Ada was murdered at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster abducted by someone in this village. We are about to contact the police here and would appreciate you authorizing that STOP - TEMMOR. Do you understand?

Tommy: Would you go away please and put my wife back on the _____?

Marple: Our paths have crossed before and we count each other as personal friends. If you have any doubt as to how seriously to take these indications, I suggest you contact him, Colonel Beresford.

Marple: The wife you knew is dead. But down the years, you and Nellie have taken care of the shell that was left of Julia, haven't you? Keeping her resident in institutions, I imagine, then retirement homes. Hiding her identity through the use of pseudonames like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had stumbled across the truth at Sunny Ridge.

Bonjour Lucile.
J'espère que cette fois j'arriverai à envoyer ma réponse correctement. Je laisse tomber les effets de couleur. Sinon, d'avance, je m'en excuse.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-01-2011 16:17

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 17-01-2011 à 18:21:43 (S | E)
Hello, everyone. I hope you enjoyed the exercise. Here is the correction. I will come back in a day or two with some additional comments.

Miss Marple: Look! This is a warning...

Tuppence Beresford: "Something wicked this way comes."

Marple: My name is Jane Marple. Your wife is right in that there is a real possibility that Ada was murdered at Sunny Ridge and Mrs Lancaster abducted by someone in this village. We are about to contact the police here and would appreciate you authorizing that post-mortem. Do you understand?

Philip Stark: My wife is dead …

Marple: The wife you knew is dead. But down the years, you and Nellie have taken care of the shell that was left of Julia, haven't you? Keeping her resident in institutions, I imagine, then retirement homes. Hiding her identity through the use of pseudonyms like Mrs York and Mrs Lancaster. I think Colonel Beresford's aunt had stumbled across the truth at Sunny Ridge.

Julia: To play while I watched. Why let all this love go to waste.

"By the pricking of my thumbs
something wicked this way comes."

The phrase "something wicked this way comes" originates in Act IV scene 1 of William Shakespeare's play Macbeth.

post-mortem [ˌpəʊst ˈmɔːtəm ]
a medical examination of a dead person's body in order to find out the cause of death; an autopsy (Cambridge)

the police here and would appreciate you/your authorizing

(Comme Lucile s'est aperçue) 'your' est plus grammatical mais 'you' est très courant à l'oral.

back on the line = back on the (tele)phone

paths cross (expression idiomatique)
if two people's paths cross, they meet by chance (Cambridge)
"It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope our paths cross again soon."
Lien Internet

personal friends
personal: involving a direct relationship between two people who know each other (Macmillan)

The two leaders had a good personal relationship.
Sue and Harry are close personal friends.

shell [ ʃel ]
(figurative) My life has been an empty shell since he died. Oxford
Lien Internet

pseudonym [ˈsjuːdənɪm ]
a name used by somebody, especially a writer, instead of their real name Oxford
She writes under a pseudonym.
The rebel chief uses the pseudonym ‘Tigrillo’.

stumbled across the truth
stumble across/on/upon something/somebody [phrasal verb/verbe à particule]
to discover something by chance, or to meet someone by chance
I stumbled across these photographs while I was cleaning out my desk. (Cambridge)

take down (taken down)
to write down information or a statement (Macmillan)
The police took down our addresses and phone numbers.

-------------------
Modifié par notrepere le 19-01-2011 01:14

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de lucile83, postée le 17-01-2011 à 18:28:19 (S | E)
Thank you very much indeed dear np
I enjoyed your exercise, you know that!

Réponse: Here lies Lily Waters (écouter) de notrepere, postée le 19-01-2011 à 01:18:48 (S | E)
Thank you all for your participation. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux