Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

North & South (Ecouter)

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

North & South (Ecouter)
Message de notrepere posté le 29-05-2011 à 05:41:37 (S | E | F)

Extract from the series 'North & South' based on the book by Elizabeth Gaskell [BBC 2004]
Correction: 14 juin 2011
Video link: cliquez ici

Margaret: Frederick must go before the funeral. _____ _____ _____ to _____ _____ _____ _____?

Servant: He said Mr Bell will come _____ _____ and _____ _____.

Margaret: Mr Bell? Of course. He will help. But Frederick _____ _____ _____ _____ _____. _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ he's here.

Frederick: I wish I'd met this Leonards. I don't see _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ before the funeral. I've _____ _____ _____ to face it out and _____ _____.

Father: No, you must go, Fred.

Frederick: _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ and _____ _____ so everyone knows _____ _____ _____ captain Reed was.

Father: Oh, you think a _____ _____ is somewhere justice is administered.

Margaret: Fred has _____ _____ _____ _____ _____.

Frederick: _____ _____ _____ _____? I can't send out the _____ _____. I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone _____ _____ _____ _____ _____.

Margaret: _____ _____ _____ _____? I know a lawyer who is _____ _____ _____ I think. I'm sure you could if I … well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox, father. You remember?

Father: Do _____ _____ _____. Write to Henry if you must but _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____.

Frederick: Henry Lennox. Is that Edith's _____ - _____ - _____?

Margaret: Yes.

Frederick: He might be _____ _____ . I could _____ _____ _____ all the _____ _____ _____ _____ and about the ship.

Margaret: You must leave tomorrow _____ _____ _____ _____. You can see Henry _____ _____ and then take a _____ _____ _____ _____.

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de aneth-estragon, postée le 29-05-2011 à 07:50:11 (S | E)
Thank you, NP !

Margaret: Frederick must go before the funeral. Have you talked to my father about arrangements ?

Servant: He said Mr Bell will come from Oxford and arrange everything.

Margaret: Mr Bell? Of course. He will help. But Frederick must leave before he comes. No one else must know he's here.

Frederick: I wish I'd met this Leonards. I don't see why I should have to run away before the funeral. I've a good mind to face it out and stand trial.

Frederick: If only I could find witnesses and defend myself so everyone knows what a monster captain Reed was.

Father: Oh, you think a court martial is somewhere justice is administered.

Margaret: Fred has never tried to defend himself.

Frederick: How can I know ? I can't send out the town cryer. I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bother to read it.

Margaret: What about a lawyer ? I know a lawyer who is honorable and clever I think. I'm sure you could if I … well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox, father. You remember?

Father: Do what you like. Write to Henry if you must but do not keep Frederick in England.

Frederick: Henry Lennox. Is that Edith's brother-in-law ?

Frederick: He might be all right. I could write to him all the details of the crew and about the ship.

Margaret: You must leave tomorrow by the night train. You can see Henry in London and then take a boat on from there.

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de lucile83, postée le 02-06-2011 à 12:37:12 (S | E)
Hello dear np

Here is my try; nice dialogue and accents.
Just one tricky spelling (one word in AE,two words in BE)...all right?
Thank you

Margaret: Frederick must go before the funeral. Have you talked to my father about arrangements?

Margaret: Mr Bell? Of course. He will help. But Frederick must leave before he comes. No one else must know he's here.

Frederick: I wish I'd met this Leonards. I don't see why I should have to run away before the funeral. I've a good mind to face it out and stand trial.

Frederick: If only I could find witnesses and defend myself so everyone knows what a monster captain Reed was.

Frederick: How can I now? I can't send out the town crier. I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bother to read it.

Margaret: What about a lawyer? I know a lawyer who is honourable and clever I think. I'm sure you could if I … well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox, father. You remember?

Father: Do what you like. Write to Henry if you must but do not keep Frederick in England.

Frederick: Henry Lennox. Is that Edith's brother-in-law?

Frederick: He might be all right. I could write to him all the details of the crew and about the ship.

Margaret: You must leave tomorrow by the night train. You can see Henry in London and then take a boat on from there.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 03-06-2011 14:24
2 words then

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de dolfine56, postée le 02-06-2011 à 15:30:29 (S | E)
Hi, dear np,

Thanks, here we are...

Margaret: Frederick must go before the funeral. have you talk to my father about arrangements?

Servant: He said Mr Bell will come from Oxford and arrange every thing.

Margaret: Mr Bell? Of course. He will help. But Frederick must leave before he comes. no one else must know he's here.

Frederick: il only I could find witnesses and defend myself so everyone knows what a monster captain Reed was.

Margaret: Fred has never try to defend himself.

Frederick: how can I know? I can't send out the town cryer. I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bother to read this.

Margaret: what about a layer_? I know a lawyer who is honorable and cleaver I think. I'm sure you could if I … well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox, father. You remember?

Father: Do what you like. Write to Henry if you must but do not keep Frederick in England .

Frederick: Henry Lennox. Is that Edith's brother-in-low?

Frederick: He might be alright. I could write to him all the details of the crew and about the ship.

Margaret: You must leave tomorrow by the night train. You can see Henry in London and then take. a boat a on from there.

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de rosebud44, postée le 04-06-2011 à 15:58:25 (S | E)
Bonjour,

C'est la première fois que j'écris sur le forum, Je réclame donc votre indulgence car mon texte comporte des erreurs , Dur, dur!
Merci à notrepere pour cet exercice si intéressant,

Margaret: Frederick must go before the funeral. Have you talked to my ? about arrangement?

Margaret: Mr Bell? Of course. He will help. But Frederick must leave before he comes. No one must have seen? he's here.

Frederick: ? ? I could find witnesses and defend myself so everyone knows what a monster captain Reed was.

Frederick:how can I know ? I can't send out the town ?. I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bother to read it.

Margaret: what about a lawyer ? I know a lawyer who is honorable and clever. I think. I'm sure you could if I … well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox, father. You remember?

Father: Do what you like . Write to Henry if you must but not keep Frederick in England,

Frederick: He might be alright . I could write to him all the details of the crew and about the ship.

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de missaurelle, postée le 05-06-2011 à 15:46:41 (S | E)
Hi !
Thanks for this exercise notrepere !

Margaret: Frederick must go before the funeral. Have you talked to my father about arrangements ?

Frederick: I wish I'd met this Leonards. I don't see why I should have to run away before the funeral. I've a good mind to face it out and stand try .

Frederick: How can I now? I can't send out the town crier . I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bothered to read it.

Margaret: What about a lawyer? I know a lawyer who is honourable and clever I think. I'm sure you could if I … well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox, father. You remember?

I'm not sure of all the words, but I wrote what I heard...

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de violet91, postée le 06-06-2011 à 20:11:27 (S | E)
Hello dear np and all,

Thank you very much for choosing another aural exercise and moreover, in so agreeable British English !

Margaret: Frederick must go before the funeral. Have you talked to my father about arrangements?

Servant: He said Mr Bell will come from Oxford and arrange everything .

Margaret: Mr Bell? Of course. He will help. But Frederick must leave before he comes . No one else must know he's here

Frederick: I wish I'd met this Leonards. I don't see _why I should have to run away before the funeral. I've a good mind to face it out and stand trial. .

Frederick: I only I could find witnesses and defend myself so everyone knows what a monster Captain Reed was.

Father: Oh, you think a court-martial is somewhere justice is administered.

Margaret: Fred has never tried to defend himself

Frederick: How can I now (a little slapdash vowel, boy !)? I can't send out the town crier, I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bother to read it.

Margaret: What about a lawyer ? I know a lawyer who is honourable and clever ,I think. I'm sure you could if I ... well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox*, father. You remember?

Father: Do what you like. Write to Henry if you must but do not keep Frederick in England !

Frederick: Henry Lennox. Is that Edith's brother-in-law ?

Frederick: He might be all right . I could write to him all the details about the crew and about the ship.

..Many thanks too for this exciting bit of episode . What happened before, what will happen next , friend Bramwell ?

This is for you...ringing the right bell..and Henry , her great grandfather !

Lien Internet

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de moonlit-sunset, postée le 06-06-2011 à 22:56:55 (S | E)
Thank you for this exercise notrepere

Below are my answers :

Frederick: If only I could find the witnesses and defend myself so everyone knows what a monster captain Reed was.

Frederick: How can I know? I can't send out the town crier. I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bother to read it.

Frederick: He might be all right . I could write to him all the details about the crew and about the ship.

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de may, postée le 12-06-2011 à 02:41:26 (S | E)
Hello notrepere

Frederick: If only I could find witnesses and defense myself so everyone knows what a monster captain Reed was.

Father: Oh, you think a Court-martial is somewhere justice is administered.

Margaret: Fred has never tried to defense himself.

Frederick: How can I now? I can't send out the town crier. I can't commission a pamphlet even if anyone would bother to read it.

Margaret: what about a lawyer? I know a lawyer who is honorable and clever I think. I'm sure you could if I … well if we asked. Mr Henry Lennox, father. You remember?

Frederick: Henry Lennox. Is that Edith's brother - in - law?

Frederick: He might be all right . I could write to him all the details of the crew and about the ship.

Good night!

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de notrepere, postée le 14-06-2011 à 18:05:26 (S | E)
Hello! Here is the correction for the exercise.

Frederick: He might be all right . I could write to him all the details of the crew and about the ship.

town crier a person whose job was to walk through a town shouting news, official announcements, etc. Lien Internet

alright (informal) = all right (formal)
Thank you, dear 8 participants. You all did really well. For more audio exercises, please see the tests that I have recently created for the site:

Lien Internet

I'm sure you'll find the format much easier. Because of this, this will be the last audio exercise in this format on the forum. Thank you all for having participated. Je vous salue.

-------------------
Modifié par notrepere le 14-06-2011 18:39

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de lucile83, postée le 14-06-2011 à 21:50:52 (S | E)
Hello dear np!

I feel sad because I won't listen to your exercises on the forum anymore! but I am happy to have the opportunity of finding some of them among the tests.
That is a great idea! thank you.
I can tell everybody those tests are worth listening!

Talk to you soon,anyway

Réponse: North & South (Ecouter) de violet91, postée le 14-06-2011 à 22:58:36 (S | E)

Oh!! Dear friend np,

'Someone like you ' leaving the forum !! Unbelievable and how sad, indeed ! Even if we were about eight-- 'happy fews', you see what I mean-- doing your thrilling pieces ...we did enjoy them and discovered each time with delight....the so special little bit you had chosen for us with great care !

' Never say never '...please. Do come back now and again . It is a shame ! You are the only one capable of posting videos as well!

People like you are such help on this forum . I thank you for all you did , dear, and hope to see you elswhere, anyway.

.......................... ................

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux