Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Discours/ handicaps

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais : Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Discours/ handicaps
Message de fannyb posté le 18-05-2021 à 20:20:56 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,

Je dois faire un discours engagé sur l’handicap. Pourriez-vous, s’il vous plaît, m’indiquer si vous remarquez quelques erreurs ?
Merci pour vos réponses.

Did you know that more than one billion people live with a disability? Actually, it represents 15% of world population and we notice that 110 to 190 million adults are in situation of big difficulties.

Nowadays, it's important to have a better understanding of disabled people. Certainly, not all disabilities are visible, such as mental disabilities, and some of these disabled people are judged as being just lazy people who cannot make any effort. Don't you find that unbelievable ? Thus, we need to teach as many people as possible to put themselves in these people's shoes, because becoming disabled can happen to anyone at any age.

Besides , I want to encourage the need for them to be considered on equal footing with other people. Realise that the likelihood of a disabled person being abused is four times higher than a non-disabled person and the probability of being refused care is almost three times higher. Yet, in some cases, medical care is necessary.

Likewise, I want to raise awareness about the benefits of integrating disabled persons into every aspect of life. Indeed, integrating these people spreads a great message of tolerance, which will limit discrimination and prioritise community, mutual aid rather than profit.

In conclusion, the disabled don't have the choice about their condition. But we have the choice to accept them unconditionally. Thank you all for listening today.

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 18-05-2021 21:06
gris

Réponse : Discours/ handicaps de gerondif, postée le 18-05-2021 à 23:34:33 (S | E)
Bonsoir
Did you know that more than one billion people live with a disability? Actually, it represents 15% of the world population and we notice that 110 to 190 million adults are in a situation of big difficulties.

Nowadays, it's important to have a better understanding of disabled people. Certainly, not all disabilities are visible, such as mental disabilities, and some of these disabled people are judged as being just lazy people who cannot make any effort. Don't you find that unbelievable ? Thus, we need to teach as many people as possible to put themselves in these people's shoes, because becoming disabled can happen to anyone at any age.

Besides , I want to encourage the need for them to be considered on equal footing with other people. Realise (consider, bear in mind) that the likelihood of a disabled person being abused is four times higher than a non-disabled person and the probability of being refused care is almost three times higher. Yet, in some cases, medical care is necessary.
Piège : on dit. he is bigger than me , much / a lot bigger than me mais he is twice as big as me, three times as big as me, etc...

Likewise, I want to raise awareness about the benefits of integrating disabled persons into every aspect of life. Indeed, integrating these people spreads a great message of tolerance, which will limit discrimination and prioritise community, mutual aid rather than profit.

In conclusion, the disabled don't have the choice about their condition. But we have the choice to accept them unconditionally. Thank you all for listening today.

Réponse : Discours/ handicaps de fannyb, postée le 19-05-2021 à 00:46:16 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
Merci pour vos corrections

Did you know that more than one billion people live with a disability? Actually, it represents 15% of the world population and we notice that 110 to 190 million adults are in a situation of big difficulties.

Besides , I want to encourage the need for them to be considered on equal footing with other people. Bear in mind that the likelihood of a disabled person being abused is four times as big as a non-disabled person and the probability of being refused care is almost three times higher. Yet, in some cases, medical care is necessary.

Réponse : Discours/ handicaps de gerondif, postée le 19-05-2021 à 10:21:47 (S | E)
Bonjour
Votre construction me paraît bizarre :likelihood comme sujet, big n'était qu'un exemple et ne pas pas ici, le complément de as ne convient pas, le sujet étant likelihood et non pas disabled people...

likelihood of a disabled person being abused is four times as big as a non-disabled person and the probability of being refused care is almost three times higher.
Je dirais.
Chances that a disabled person will be abused are four times as high as those of a non-disabled person.

A disabled person runs four times as many chances of being abused as a non-disabled person.

Réponse : Discours/ handicaps de fannyb, postée le 19-05-2021 à 13:13:59 (S | E)
Bonjour,

Besides , I want to encourage the need for them to be considered on equal footing with other people. Bear in mind that chances that a disabled person will be abused are four times as high as those of a non-disabled person, and the probability of being refused care is almost three times higher. Yet, in some cases, medical care is necessary.

Réponse : Discours/ handicaps de gerondif, postée le 20-05-2021 à 09:11:32 (S | E)
Bonjour
Vous avez laissé un " three times higher" une ligne après votre correction.
Au cas où, actually signifie "en réalité", pas "actuellement".

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais : Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux