Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Exercises /be-get used to

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Exercises /be-get used to
Message de bernard02 posté le 08-06-2010 à 04:57:52 (S | E | F)

Bonjour à toutes et à tous,
je dois rendre les exercices suivants pour le lundi 14/06, pouvez-vous me dire s'ils sont corrects ou s'il y a des corrections et des améliorations à apporter?
Je vous remercie d'avance.

Exercises for the fourteenth of June 2010.

- Read the situations and complete the sentences. Use (be/get) used to as in the example.

Example: 1 Jane is American. She came to Britain and at first she found driving on the left difficult.
When she arrived in Britain, she ….......... on the left, but she soon …....... it. Now she has no problems. She ….... on the left. → When she arrived in Britain, she wasn't used to driving on the left, but she soon got used to it. Now she has no problems. She is used to driving on the left.

2 Juan is Spanish and came to live in England. In Spain he always had dinner late in the evening, but in England dinner was at 6 o'clock. This was very early for him.
When Juan first came to England, he …........ dinner so early, but after some time he …..... it. Now he finds it quite normal. He …...... at six o'clock. → When Juan first came to England, he wasn't used to having dinner so early, but after some time he got used to it. Now he finds it quite normal. He is used to having dinner at six o'clock.
3 Julia is a nurse. A year ago she started working nights. At first she found it hard.
At first Julia didn't like it. She …...... nights and it took her a few months to ….....it. Now, after a year, she's quite happy. She …........ nights.
→ At first Julia didn't like it. She wasn't used to working nights and it took her a few months to get used to it. Now, after a year, she's quite happy. She is used to working nights.

What do you say in these situations? Use I'm (not) used to ....

Example: 1 You live alone. You don't mind this. You have always lived alone.
FRIEND: Do you get a bit lonely sometimes? YOU: No, I'm used to living alone.

2 You sleep on the floor. You don't mind this. You have always slept on the floor.
FRIEND: Wouldn't you prefer to sleep in a bed? YOU: No, I'm used to sleeping on the floor.
3 You have to work hard. This is not a problem for you. You have always worked hard.
FRIEND: You have to work very hard in your job, don't you? YOU: Yes, but I don't mind that. I'm used to working very hard.
4 You normally go to bed early. Last night you went to bed very late (for you) and as a result you are very tired this morning.
FRIEND: You look tired this morning. YOU: Yes, I'm not used to going to bed very late.

- Read the situation and complete the sentences using used to.

Example: 1 Some friends of yours have just moved into a flat on a busy street. It is very noisy. They'll have to get used to the noise.

2 Jack once went to the Middle East. It was very difficult for him at first because of the heat. He wasn't .................. . → Jack once went to the Middle East. It was very difficult for him at first because of the heat. He wasn't used to the heat.
3 Sue moved from a big house to a much smaller one. She found it strange at first. She had to …......in a much smaller house. → Sue moved from a big house to a much smaller one. She found it strange at first. She had to get used in a much smaller house.
4 The children at school had a new teacher. She was different from the teacher before her but this wasn't a problem for the children. The children soon …......... → The children at school had a new teacher. She was different from the teacher before her but this wasn't a problem for the children. The children soon got used to her.
5 Somebody from Britain is thinking of going to live in your country. Warn him/her! You would have to …......... → Somebody from Britain is thinking of going to live in your country. Warn him/her! You would have to get used to it.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-06-2010 07:46

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de notrepere, postée le 08-06-2010 à 05:19:59 (S | E)
Hello!

#3 final section. You are missing a verb+ing. The verb is not in the example. I _____ in this house. Can you guess?

Everything else looks correct to me.

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de bernard02, postée le 08-06-2010 à 05:32:01 (S | E)
SUITE ET FIN DE CES EXERCICES A VERIFIER.

- (Section C) Complete the sentences using only one word each time.

Example: 1 Jane had to get used to …......... on the left. → Jane had to get used to driving on the left.
2 We used to …..... in a small village but now we live in London. → We used to live in a small village but now we live in London.
3 Tom used to …..... a lot of coffee. Now he prefers tea. → Tom used to drink a lot of coffee. Now he prefers tea.
4 I feel very full after this meal. I'm not used to …........ so much. → I feel very full after this meal. I'm not used to eating so much.
5 I wouldn't like to share an office. I'm used to …......... my own office. → I wouldn't like to share an office. I'm used to managing my own office.
6 I used to …........ a car but I sold it a few months ago. → I used to have a car but I sold it a few months ago.
7 When we were children, we used to …...... swimming every day. → When we were children, we used to go swimming every day.
8 There used to …....... a cinema here but it was knocked down a few years ago. → There used to be a cinema here but it was knocked down a few years ago.
9 I'm the boss here! I'm not used to …....... told what to do. → I'm the boss here! I'm not used to being told what to do.

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de notrepere, postée le 08-06-2010 à 05:42:35 (S | E)
Hello! For #5, I would have said: I'm used to HAVING my own office. Everything else looks OK.

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de bernard02, postée le 08-06-2010 à 05:43:49 (S | E)
Hello notrepere,

I'm sorry but I don't understand my mistake in the "*3 final". Why a verb + ing in this sentence? What's the difference between the other sentences of the "3" where I haven't used this form?

Could you explain me?

Regards.

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de notrepere, postée le 08-06-2010 à 05:49:53 (S | E)
Hello!

This sentence makes no sense:

She had to get used in a much smaller house.

I should have said you are missing: to verb+ing

She had to get used to living in a much smaller house.

If the last part of the sentence didn't have "in", you could have said:

She had to get used to a much smaller house.

Unless the word "in" is a mistake in your transcription, you need another verb between "get used to" and "in".

-------------------
Modifié par notrepere le 08-06-2010 06:13

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de bernard02, postée le 10-06-2010 à 04:36:50 (S | E)
Hello,

merci pour ces réponses, j'ai modifié les points 3 et 5 en conséquence (having, live).

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de bernard02, postée le 15-06-2010 à 23:21:36 (S | E)
Bonjour,

Je vous remercie encore car j'ai rendu ces exercices hier, après les avoir seulement modifiés en fonction de vos réponses (et comme je vous l'ai écrit dans le post précédent). Il en résulte que j'ai obtenu un "sans faute" sur l'ensemble de ces exercices.

Cordialement.

Réponse: Exercises /be-get used to de notrepere, postée le 16-06-2010 à 03:40:47 (S | E)
Bravo!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux