Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Devoir/ compréhension

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Devoir/ compréhension
Message de matthieu62224 posté le 18-12-2011 à 14:23:30 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à tous.

J'ai un devoir d'anglais à faire mais je ne suis pas sûr de toutes mes réponses, c'est pourquoi je viens ici pour avoir votre aide s'il vous plaît.
Merci d'avance et bonne journée à vous tous !

LE TEXTE :

On his first day at St Jerome the second university, Roman walked alone into the freshman dormitory. Everybody else carried new luggage, stereos, bicycles, books but Roman carried all of his possessions in a Hefty garbage bag slung over his shoulder. He found his room, walked inside, and met his roommate.
"hey" said the kid with blue eyes and blond hair "you must be my roomie. I'm alex weber"
"roman"
" I thought you were Indian"
"i'm indian. Roman is my name"
"first or last ?"
"the first name is roman, the middle name is Gabriel, the last name is Fury"
" a spectacular moniker"
"thank you"
"is that your luggage ?"
Roman tossed his Hefty bag onto his bed. He was ashamed of it, his poverty, but pretended to be proud
"yeah" said Roman "i got ninety-nine of them back home. The whole matching set"
"scolarship student huh ?"
"Yeah. Do you have a problem with that ?"
"No, not at all. I'm a legacy"
"A what ?"
"my grandfather went to school here, as did my grandfather, my father and now, i'm here. As long as there's been a weber"
"family tradition"
"my family is all about tradition. So, where you from ? what's your major ?"
Before Roman could answer, Alex pulled out a silver flask of whiskey
"you want a drink ?" asked the legacy
"i'm undeclared" said roman
"about the drink or your major ?"
" I don't drink"
"More for me"
Roman looked at Alex's side of the room. All of the white boy's possessions still carried price tags. "well" said Alex "get you stuff unpacked, that shouldn't take too long, and let's head upstairs where the lovely young women make their abodes"
"im not much for parties" said Roman "i think i'm just going to hang around the room"
"suit yourself"
With a nod of his head and a click of his tongue, Alex left the room. A little stunned and bewildered by his roommate - how had the personal-tastes questionnaire put them together ? - Roman sat down on his bed. Then he noticed a box sitting on the desk. It was a "WELCOME TO ST. JUNIOR" care package.
He opened the box and discovered its content.
"donuts" said roman.

LES QUESTIONS ET MES REPONSES :

The scene is set : in Britain, in the USA, in India, in Italy. Justify with 3 elements in the text.

J'ai choisi "in the USA" mais pour justifier je ne trouve pas 3 élements, peut-être "st jerome the Second University" mais il m'en manque deux.

The scene takes place in : early autumn, winter, spring, summer

J'ai choisi "early autumn" parce que je pense que c'est la rentrée des classes mais je ne sais pas comment justifier?

Give each character's complete identity.
- Alex (middle name isn't precised) Weber
- Roman Gabriel Fury (l.10)

Find in the text the words meaning :
- another student staying in the same room as you : j'ai choisi roommate et roomie
- small bottle : j'ai choisi "silver flask"
- go : je n'ai pas trouvé
- stay : je n'ai pas trouvé également mais je pense que c'est à peu près dans ce passage : "and let's upstairs whre the lovely young women make their abodes"

True/False :
a) roman had a lot of things to carry : FALSE : "but Roman carried all of his possessions in a Hefty garbage bag"
b) Roman is of native American origin : FALSE : "I'm Indian"
c) Roman's family isn't rich : TRUE : "he was ashamed if it, his poverty"
d) In th university, most students are poor : FALSE : "everybody else carried new luggage, stereos, bicycles, books"
e) Roman can speak about his financial situation without any difficulty : FALSE : "he was ashamed if it, his poverty, but pretended to be proud"
f) Alex is not really interested in knowing more about Roman : TRUE : "before Roman could answer, Alex pulled out a silver flask of whiskey"
g) The university takes the students'personal tastes into account to pair roommates : TRUE : ""how had the personal-tastes questionnaires put them together"
h) There are a lot of common points between Alex and Roman : FALSE : "A little stunned and bewildered by his roommate -how had the personnal-tatses questionnaire put them together?"

Match adjectives with Alex/Roman/both and justify
welcoming : ALEX : " "hey" said the kid with blue eyes and blond hair "you must be my roomie. I'm alex weber" "

reserved : ROMAN : short answers : "Roman."

polite : ROMAN : "thank you"

at ease : ALEX : je n'ai pas trouvé de citations le justifiant

surprised : ROMAN and ALEX : je n'ai pas trouvé de citations non plus

self-assured : ALEX : idem

Who or what the following word/phrases refer to :

everybody else : freshman

the kid with blue eyes : Alex Weber

"them" (l.14) : 99 another garbage bags

"that" (l.16) : scolarship (student)

"the lovely young women" : je n'ai pas trouvé (peut-être "freshwomen upstairs" )

J'espère que vous pourrez m'aider, j'ai vraiment besoin de votre aide.
Bon dimanche à tous

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 18-12-2011 17:45
+ forum

Réponse: Devoir/ compréhension de fireball, postée le 24-12-2011 à 12:11:32 (S | E)
Bonjour,

Cherchez des mots comme "freshman","whiskey" et "donuts" et vous aurez les éléments pour la première réponse.Pourquoi ces mots-là et dans quel pays sont-ils utilisés?
Bon courage, pour le reste, faites un effort xxxx.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-12-2011 13:38

Réponse: Devoir/ compréhension de sherry48, postée le 24-12-2011 à 15:34:28 (S | E)
Hello matthieu62224.
I think you are mostly on the right track, especially with the true/false. You will find justification if you read it again a few times, in particular, read again the paragraph where you find the words meaning stay and go.
The word freshman/freshmen, since it refers to the class level, can be used together with female, girls or women, rather than changing to freshwomen.
What country is Roman from? Bonne continuation. Sherry

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux