Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Correction/exercices

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction/exercices
Message de bernard02 posté le 10-11-2012 à 05:22:15 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

pouvez-vous me dire , s'il vous plaît, si mes exercices suivants sont corrects ou s'il y a des modifications ou des améliorations à apporter ?
Mes réponses sont après les flèches.
Je vous remercie d'avance.

A Which of the underlined parts of these sentences is correct?

Example: “Did you hear noise/a noise just now?” “No, I didn't hear anything” -> “Did you hear a noise just now?” “No, I didn'hear anything” (“a noise” is correct).

1) If you want to know the news, you can read paper/a paper. -> If you want to know the news, you can read a paper.

2) I want to write some letters but I haven't got a paper/any paper to write on. -> I want to write some letters but I haven't got any paper to write on.

3) I thought there was somebody in the house because there was light/a light on inside. -> I thought there was somebody in the house because there was a light on inside.

4) Light/A light comes from the sun. - -> Light</b> comes from the sun.

5) I was in a hurry this morning. I didn't have time/a time for breakfast. -> I was in a hurry this morning. I didn't have >time for breakfast.

6) “Did you enjoy your holiday?” “Yes, we had wonderful time/a wonderful time.” -> “Did you enjoy your holiday?” “Yes, we had a wonderful time.”

7) Sue was very helpful. She gave us some very useful advice/advices. -> Sue was very helpful. She gave us some very useful advice.

8) We had very good weather/a very good weather while we were on holiday. -> We had a very good weather while we were on holiday.

9) We were very unfortunate. We had bad luck/a bad luck. -> We were very unfortunate. We had bad luck.

10) It's very difficult to find a work/job at the moment. -> It's very difficult to find a job at the moment.

11) Our travel/journey from London to Istanbul by train was very tiring. -> Our journey from London to Istanbul by train was very tiring.

12) When the fire alarm rang, there was total chaos/a total chaos. -> When the fire alarm rang, there was total chaos.

13) I had to buy a/some bread because I wanted to make some sandwiches. -> I had to buy some bread because I wanted to make some sandwiches.

14) Bad news don't/doesn't make people happy. -> Bad news doesn't make people happy.

15) Your hair is/Your hairs are too long. You should have it/them cut. -> Your hair is> too long. You should have it cut.

16) Nobody was hurt in the accident but the damage/the damages to the car was/were quite bad. -> Nobody was hurt in the accident but the damage to the car was quite bad.

B Complete the sentences using these words. Sometimes you need the plural (-s).

chair experience experience furniture hair information job luggage (example) permission progress work

Example: I didn't have much .... luggage ... - just two small bags.

1) They'll tell you all you want to know. They'll give you plenty of ........... -> They'll tell you all you want to know. They'll give you plenty of information.

-2) There is room for everybody to sit down. There are plenty of ....... -> There is room for everybody to sit down. There are plenty of chairs.

3) We have no ........, not even a bed or a table. -> We have no furniture, not even a bed or a table.

4) “What does Alan look like?” “He's got a long beard and very short ..........”. -> “What does Alan look like?” “He's got a long beard and very short hair”.

5) Carla's English is better than it was. She's made ....... -> Carla's English is better than it was. She's made progress.

6) George is unemployed. He's looking for a ............... -> George is unemployed. He's looking for a job.

7) George is unemployed. He's looking for ............... -> George is unemployed. He's looking for work.

8) If you want to leave work early, you have to ask for ................. -> If you want to leave work early, you have to ask for permission.

9) I don't think Ann will get the job. She hasn't got enough .............. -> I don't think Ann will get the job. She hasn't got enough experience.

10) Rita has done very interesting things. She should write a book about her ............. -> Rita has done very interesting things. She should write a book about her experiences.

C What do you say in these situations? Complete the sentences using one of the words from Section C (accomodation, advice, baggage, behaviour, bread, chaos, damage, furniture, information, luck, luggage, news, permission, progress, scenery, traffic, weather, work).

Example: Your friends have just arrived at the station. You can't see any suitcases or bags. You ask them: Have ...... you got any luggage?

1) You go into the tourist office. You want to know about places to see in the town. You say: I'd like ................ -> I go into the tourist office. I want to know about places to see in the town. I say: I'd like some information.

2) You are a student at school. You want your teacher to advise you about which examinations to take. You say: Can you give me .................... ?
-> I am a student at school. I want my teacher to advise me about which examinations to take. I say: Can you give me any advice?

3) You want to watch the news on TV but you don't know what time it is on. You ask your friend: What time ............ ? -> I want to watch the news on TV but I don't know what time it is on. I ask my friend: What time is the news on?

4) You are standing at the top of a montain. You can see a very long way. It's lovely. You say: It .................., isn't it? -> I am standing at the top of a montain. I can see a very long way. It's lovely. I say: It is lovely scenery, isn't it?
5) You look out of the window. The weather is horrible: cold, wet and windy. You say to your friend: What ...................... ! -> I look out of the window. The weather is horrible: cold, wet and windy. I say to my friend: What horrible weather !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-11-2012 09:02
Bug police réparé.
Bug couleur à moitié réparé.
Merci bernard!...

Réponse: Correction/exercices de irish21, postée le 10-11-2012 à 06:35:13 (S | E)
Hello bernard02,

Well done!
I can't see any obvious mistakes.

Réponse: Correction/exercices de sherry48, postée le 10-11-2012 à 22:02:57 (S | E)
Hello.
I see a mistake on question 8, section A.
Also, in section C question 2...
Can you give me any advice? has the sense that you have some doubts about the teacher's ability to do so. On the other hand, Can you give me some advice? indicates that you have no doubt that the teacher is able to advise you, and just want to know if he or she is willing to do so.
Sherry

Réponse: Correction/exercices de bernard02, postée le 11-11-2012 à 00:45:58 (S | E)
Hello Sherry,

« I see a mistake on question 8, section A.
Also, in section C question 2...
Can you give me any advice? has the sense that you have some doubts about the teacher's ability to do so. On the other hand, Can you give me some advice? indicates that you have no doubt that the teacher is able to advise you, and just want to know if he or she is willing to do so. »

Then, is the whole exercise correct if I write  "We had very good weather while we were on holiday." instead of "We had a very good weather while we were on holiday." (section A, question 8) and "Can you give me some advice ?" instead of "Can you give me any advice?" (section C, question 2) ?

Regards.

Réponse: Correction/exercices de sherry48, postée le 11-11-2012 à 02:02:42 (S | E)

Réponse: Correction/exercices de sherry48, postée le 11-11-2012 à 02:05:23 (S | E)
Hello bernard. Yes everything else is correct. Sherry

Réponse: Correction/exercices de bernard02, postée le 12-11-2012 à 15:53:33 (S | E)
Bonjour,

je me demande si les bugs actuels liés au projet de changement du serveur ne perturbent pas aussi les réponses sur les forums. En effet, je suis quasiment persuadé que j'avais reçu et aperçu une réponse après mon message posté le 11-11-2012 à 00:45:58.
Or, je ne vois plus rien maintenant après mon dernier message.
Pouvez-vous me rassurer, s'il vous plaît, en me disant si mes phrases vous semblent correctes d'une part, et si vous, de votre côté, vous voyez une autre réponse après mon message du 11/11 à 0h45 ?
Cordialement.

Réponse: Correction/exercices de soumaia1, postée le 12-11-2012 à 17:23:09 (S | E)
Bonjour Bernard,

Je peux vous assurer que c'est le cas! il y a des dysfonctionnements dûs au changement de serveur, d'après les modérateurs, ça m'est arrivé aussi sur le forum espagnol.
Ici et maintenant, je vois le commentaire de sherry48, et le vôtre d'avant quelques minutes!
Réponse: Correction/exercices de sherry48, postée le 11-11-2012 à 02:05:23 (S | E)
Hello bernard. Yes everything else is correct. Sherry

Bonne journée.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 12-11-2012 22:06

Réponse: Correction/exercices de lucile83, postée le 12-11-2012 à 22:17:37 (S | E)
Bonjour,

Le site a connu des difficultés suite à la tentative de changement de serveur. Tous les problèmes sont en train de se résoudre.
Merci de vous montrer patients.

Réponse: Correction/exercices de bernard02, postée le 12-11-2012 à 23:25:18 (S | E)
Bonsoir,

il a fallu que je renvoie un message pour pouvoir voir et lire la réponse de sherry !
En revanche, je ne peux ni voir ni lire la réponse de gerondif qui m'a été notifiée par mail.
Mais c'est moins urgent puisque j'avais besoin de ces réponses pour ce soir.
Cordialement.

-------------------
Modifié par bernard02 le 12-11-2012 23:29

Réponse: Correction/exercices de bernard02, postée le 14-11-2012 à 02:52:25 (S | E)
Bonjour à tous,
pour votre information, je vous communique ci-dessous le résultat de ces exercices après la correction de notre professeur:
Exercises B for Monday, 12th November 2012.

A Which of the underlined parts of these sentences is correct?

Example: “Did you hear noise/a noise just now?” “No, I didn't hear anything” -> “Did you hear a noise just now?” “No, I didn'hear anything” (“a noise” is correct).

1) If you want to know the news, you can read paper/a paper.
My answer: If you want to know the news, you can read a paper. Correction course: OK.
2) - I want to write some letters but I haven't got a paper/any paper to write on.
My answer: I want to write some letters but I haven't got any paper to write on.
Correction course: OK.
3) I thought there was somebody in the house because there was light/a light on inside.
My answer: I thought there was somebody in the house because there was a light on inside.
4) Light/A light comes from the sun.
My answer: Light comes from the sun.
5) I was in a hurry this morning. I didn't have time/a time for breakfast.
My answer: I was in a hurry this morning. I didn't have time for breakfast.
6) “Did you enjoy your holiday?” “Yes, we had wonderful time/a wonderful time.”
My answer: “Did you enjoy your holiday?” “Yes, we had a wonderful time.”
7) Sue was very helpful. She gave us some very useful advice/advices.
My answer: Sue was very helpful. She gave us some very useful advice.
8) We had very good weather/a very good weather while we were on holiday.
My answer: We had very good weather while we were on holiday.
9) We were very unfortunate. We had bad luck/a bad luck.
My answer: We were very unfortunate. We had bad luck.

Réponse: Correction/exercices de bernard02, postée le 14-11-2012 à 03:13:55 (S | E)
Suite:

10) It's very difficult to find a work/job at the moment.
My answer: It's very difficult to find a job at the moment.
11)Our travel/journey from London to Istanbul by train was very tiring.
My answer: Our journey from London to Istanbul by train was very tiring.
12) When the fire alarm rang, there was total chaos/a total chaos.
My answer: When the fire alarm rang, there was total chaos.
13) I had to buy a/some bread because I wanted to make some sandwiches.
My answer: I had to buy some bread because I wanted to make some sandwiches.
14- Bad news don't/doesn't make people happy.
My answer: Bad news doesn't make people happy.
15- Your hair is/Your hairs are too long. You should have it/them cut.
My answer: Your hair is too long. You should have it cut.
16- Nobody was hurt in the accident but the damage/the damages to the car was/were quite bad. My answer: Nobody was hurt in the accident but the damage to the car was quite bad.

B Complete the sentences using these words. Sometimes you need the plural (-s).

chair experience experience furniture hair information job luggage (example) permission progress work

Example: I didn't have much .... luggage ... - just two small bags.

- They'll tell you all you want to know. They'll give you plenty of ...........
My answer: They'll tell you all you want to know. They'll give you plenty of information.
-There is room for everybody to sit down. There are plenty of .......
My answer: There is room for everybody to sit down. There are plenty of chairs.

Réponse: Correction/exercices de bernard02, postée le 14-11-2012 à 03:20:15 (S | E)
Suite:

- We have no ........, not even a bed or a table.
My answer: We have no furniture, not even a bed or a table.
- “What does Alan look like?” “He's got a long beard and very short ..........”.
My answer: “What does Alan look like?” “He's got a long beard and very short hair”.
- Carla's English is better than it was. She's made .......
My answer: Carla's English is better than it was. She's made progress.
- George is unemployed. He's looking for a ...............
My answer: George is unemployed. He's looking for a job.
- George is unemployed. He's looking for ...............
My answer: George is unemployed. He's looking for work.
- If you want to leave work early, you have to ask for .................
My answer: If you want to leave work early, you have to ask for permission.
- I don't think Ann will get the job. She hasn't got enough ..............
My answer: I don't think Ann will get the job. She hasn't got enough experience.
- Rita has done very interesting things. She should write a book about her .............
My answer: Rita has done very interesting things. She should write a book about her experiences. Correction course: OK.

C What do you say in these situations? Complete the sentences using one of the words from Section C (accomodation, advice, baggage, behaviour, bread, chaos, damage, furniture, information, luck, luggage, news, permission, progress, scenery, traffic, weather, work).

Example: Your friends have just arrived at the station. You can't see any suitcases or bags. You ask them: Have ...... you got any luggage?

Réponse: Correction/exercices de bernard02, postée le 14-11-2012 à 03:25:02 (S | E)
Suite:

- You go into the tourist office. You want to know about places to see in the town. You say: I'd like ................
My answer: I go into the tourist office. I want to know about places to see in the town. I say: I'd like some information.
Correction course: I'd like some information about the cost of the ski lifts.

- You are a student at school. You want your teacher to advise you about which examinations to take. You say: Can you give me .................... ?
My answer: I am a student at school. I want my teacher to advise me about which examinations to take. I say: Can you give me some advice?
Correction course: I am a student at school. I want my teacher to advise me about which examinations to take. I say: Can you give me some advice about which examinations I could take?

- You want to watch the news on TV but you don't know what time it is on. You ask your friend: What time ............ ?
My answer: I want to watch the news on TV but I don't know what time it is on. I ask my friend: What time is the news on?

- You are standing at the top of a montain. You can see a very long way. It's lovely. You say: It .................., isn't it?
My answer: I am standing at the top of a montain. I can see a very long way. It's lovely. I say: It is lovely scenery, isn't it?

- You look out of the window. The weather is horrible: cold, wet and windy. You say to your friend: What ...................... !
My answer: I look out of the window. The weather is horrible: cold, wet and windy. I say to my friend: What horrible weather !

Cordialement et

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux