Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Grapes of Wrath/ Correction

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Grapes of Wrath/ Correction
Message de happyboy3311 posté le 16-11-2013 à 19:22:57 (S | E | F)
Bonsoir à tous,
Nous avons étudié "Les Raisins de la Colère" en anglais et notre professeur nous a demandé d'écrire une scène comme celle de l'expulsion des fermiers dans le livre. Je pense avoir fait quelques erreurs, pouvez-vous m'aider à les trouver s'il vous plait ?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses !

(Kate is alone, sitting on a chair. Louise comes).
L: Hi sweetie, I have something to tell you… Don’t interrupt me please. So… here it is… the nightclub where I worked closed down for two weeks now. Moreover, our savings flew to new horizons unfortunately. We can’t pay the bills.

(Kate remains quite a long time. Miss Susan rings at the door.)
L: (is screaming) who is it?

K: Pull on the little lever and the lock will open.

S: Hello, I’m Miss Susan. I come on behalf of the bank. Well, I will be clear. You are in a bad situation. Right now you have no more money from what I saw on the report. Necessarily, I will be compelled to expel your flat except if you can propose anything else.

L: What? It’s a joke! Are you serious? You can’t… (Kate is stopping to talk him)
K: (by a cold tone) do you see the writing on the wall? I’m pregnant, my husband is left, aren’t you satisfied yet?

L: We have already loads of problems! I have walked oneself to death every day in order to offer to my sister and her baby a grateful life! And that’s how honest people are rewarded according to you?

S: I know it’s unfair. However, I can’t fight against my job, the laws and the State.

K: You are completely unconscious! I won’t live in the street with a baby and just one blanket!

S: You don’t have the choice.

L: You mean we are fighting a losing battle? Miss, you are a monster! How can you to make it? You doom us to the death… (Her voice is breaking)

S: (she has backed away) Well… I’m deeply confused… I just make my work, I’m clean. If I didn’t do my job, it’s me who would be homeless with my cat and just a blanket too (is looking Kate). I’m not the guilty! I don’t make the laws! (Is coming closer to the sisters)

(Kate seems to be white as a sheet) (Short time of silence)

L: Don’t you have other solutions? Please… please, we need it…

K: Mind your own business! You have such a lack of humanity. Have you got family, a husband? Have you ever felt the love of your own child?

S: Indeed, I have a daughter. She’s just three years old. But actually, I’m widowed.

(Long time of silence)

S: (hesitant) I go to try to give you an extension of two weeks, no more... (The sisters are hugging) Next time, perhaps you won’t receive someone as sympathetic.

(Kate collapses after Susan leaves)

K: What do we go to do? (Is crying)

L: Everything will be fine. I promise you… I promise you that we stay always together. I promise you we will manage. I promise you a life rich and beautiful. I can earn money in the street with my guitar. Everything will be fine Kate, everything is ok…

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-11-2013 20:47

Réponse: Grapes of Wrath/ Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 17-11-2013 à 16:41:19 (S | E)
Est-ce que la dernière phrase vous semble correcte grammaticalement s'il vous plait ?

Réponse: Grapes of Wrath/ Correction de lucile83, postée le 17-11-2013 à 19:02:14 (S | E)
Hello,

L: Everything will be fine. I promise you… I promise you that we'll always stay together. I promise you we will manage. I promise you a rich and beautiful life. I can earn money in the street with my guitar. Everything will be fine Kate, everything is ok…
Now it is ok
Sorry, I haven't enough time to proofread your whole text.

Réponse: Grapes of Wrath/ Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 17-11-2013 à 19:07:14 (S | E)
Thank you a lot lucile83 Bonne soirée à vous !

Réponse: Grapes of Wrath/ Correction de sherry48, postée le 17-11-2013 à 20:01:30 (S | E)
Hello.
You have some great ideas! Take a look at the areas in blue. Can you improve them?

Kate is alone, sitting on a chair. Louise enters).
L: Hi sweetie, I have something to tell you… Don’t interrupt me please. So… here it is… the nightclub where I worked closed down for two weeks now. Moreover, our savings flew to new horizons unfortunately. We can’t pay the bills.

(Kate remains quite a long time. Miss Susan rings at the door.)

S: Hello, I’m Miss Susan. I _____ come on behalf of the bank. Well, I will be clear. You are in a bad situation. Right now you have no more money from what I saw on the report. Necessarily, I will be compelled to expel____ ______ your flat except if you can propose anything else.

L: What? It’s a joke! Are you serious? You can’t… (Kate is stopping to talk him)
K: (by a cold tone) do you see the (hand)writing on the wall? I’m pregnant, my husband is left, aren’t you satisfied yet?

L: We have already loads of problems! I have walked oneself to death every day in order to offer to my sister and her baby a grateful life! And that’s how honest people are rewarded according to you?

S: I know it’s unfair. However, I can’t fight against my job, the laws and the State.

K: You are completely unconscious! I won’t live in the street with a baby and just one blanket!

S: You don’t have the choice.

L: You mean we are fighting a losing battle? Miss, you are a monster! How can you to make it? You doom us to the death… (Her voice is breaking)

S: (she has backed away) Well… I’m deeply confused… I just make my work, I’m clean. If I didn’t do my job, it’s me who would be homeless with my cat and just a blanket too (is looking ___ Kate). I’m not the guilty ___! I don’t make the laws! (Is coming closer to the sisters)

(Kate seems to be white as a sheet) (Short time/period of silence)

L: Don’t you have any other solutions? Please… please, we need it…

K: Mind your own business! You have such a lack of humanity. Have you got family, a husband? Have you ever felt the love of your own child?

S: Indeed, I have a daughter. She’s just three years old. But actually, I’m widowed.

(Long time/period of silence)

S: (hesitantly) I go to try to give you an extension of two weeks, no more... (The sisters are hugging) Next time, perhaps you won’t receive someone as sympathetic as.....

K: What do we go to do? (Is crying)

L: Everything will be fine. I promise you… I promise you that we _____ stay always together. I promise you we will manage. I promise you a life (adjectives first)rich and beautiful. I can earn money in the street with my guitar. Everything will be fine Kate, everything is ok…

Sherry

Réponse: Grapes of Wrath/ Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 17-11-2013 à 20:27:33 (S | E)
Thank you a lot for your answer ! Now, is it better ?

(Kate is alone, sitting on a chair. Louise enters).

L: Hi sweetie, I have something to tell you… Don’t interrupt me please. So… here it is… the nightclub where I was working closed down for two weeks now. Moreover, our savings flew to new horizons unfortunately. We can’t pay the bills.

(Kate remains silent a long time. Miss Susan rings at the door.)

S: Hello, I’m Miss Susan. I come on behalf of the bank. Well, I will be clear. You are in a bad situation. Right now you have no more money from what I saw on the report. So, I will be compelled to expel you of your flat unless you can propose anything else.

L: What? It’s a joke! Are you serious? You can’t… (Kate is stopping to talk)

K: (on a cold tone) do you see the writing on the wall? I’m pregnant, my husband is left, aren’t you satisfied yet?

L: We already have loads of problems! I have walked myself to death every day in order to offer to my sister and her baby a magnificent life! And that’s how honest people are rewarded according to you?

K: You are completely unaware! I won’t live in the street with a baby and just one blanket!

S: You don’t have choice.

L: You mean we are fighting a losing battle? Miss, you are a monster! How can you make it? You doom us to death… (Her voice is breaking)

S: (she has backed away) Well… I’m deeply confused… It’s just my work, I’m clean. If I didn’t do my job, it’s me who would be homeless with my cat and just a blanket too (Looking to Kate). I’m not the guilty! I don’t make the laws! (Coming closer to the sisters)

(Kate seems to be white as a sheet) (Short time of silence)

L: Don’t you have any solutions? Please… please, we need it…

(Long time of silence)

S: (hesitantly) I will try to give you an extension of two weeks, no more... (The sisters are hugging) Next time, perhaps you won’t receive someone as sympathetic as….

K: What will we do? (Is crying)

L: Everything will be fine. I promise you… I promise you that we’ll always stay together. I promise you we will manage. I promise you a rich and beautiful life. I can earn money in the street with my guitar. Everything will be fine Kate, everything is ok…

Réponse: Grapes of Wrath/ Correction de sherry48, postée le 17-11-2013 à 23:33:40 (S | E)
Hello again.
Yes, it is much better. Just a few more areas to look at.

L: Hi sweetie, I have something to tell you… Don’t interrupt me please. So… here it is… the nightclub where I was working closed down for two weeks now. You need to add a word frequently used in English with time that has passed.
(Kate remains silent a long time. Miss Susan rings at the door.)

S: Hello, I’m Miss Susan. I come (a perfect tense would be better) on behalf of the bank. Well, I will be clear. You are in a bad situation. Right now you have no more money from what I saw on the report. So, I will be ( present is better)compelled to expel you of (different preposition) your flat unless you can propose anything else.

K: (in a cold tone) do you see the writing on the wall? I’m pregnant, my husband is left, aren’t you satisfied yet?

K: You are completely unaware (unfeeling?)! I won’t live in the street with a baby and just one blanket!

S: You don’t have (indefinite article) choice.

L: You mean we are fighting a losing battle? Miss, you are a monster! How can you make it? You doom us to death… (Her voice is breaking)

S: (she has backed away) Well… I’m deeply confused… It’s just my work, I’m clean. If I didn’t (present tense is better)do my job, it’s me who would be homeless with my cat and just a blanket too (Looking to Kate). I’m not the guilty (if you keep the article, you need to have a noun too)! I don’t make the laws! (Coming closer to the sisters)

S: (hesitantly) I will try to give you an extension of two weeks, no more... (The sisters are hugging) Next time, perhaps you won’t receive someone as sympathetic as I am.

K: What will we do? (Is crying)

Sherry

Réponse: Grapes of Wrath/ Correction de happyboy3311, postée le 18-11-2013 à 18:14:02 (S | E)
Thank you ! I have corrected my homework ! Thank you again

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 18-11-2013 18:20
Homework, without an 's'.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux