Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Oral /Idea of progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral /Idea of progress
Message de knicks posté le 30-04-2014 à 20:17:36 (S | E | F)
Salut tout le monde,
pouvez-vous me donner votre avis sur cette notion et les corrections aussi s'il vous plaît?
Merci d'avance

The notion of progress
Intro :
I’m going to talk about « Idea of progress ». To begin with, I’d like to state a definition of progress. Progress is the idea that the world and the society can evolve in therms of sciences, technology, modernization, living condition, etc. However, the idea of progress is still debate between those who consider that it’s beneficial and those for whom it’s harmful.
Now, I propose we look at a question: « Should we fear progress? »
To answer this question, we will start by Technical progress after scientific progress and finally social progress.

I. Technical progress
First of all, I think progress is essential to evolve. History is made of progress and evolution that have allowed the world to be what it’s today. For example, in the article “The big money”, the narrator speaks of Henry FORD because it has revolutionized the world with his first car “Model T” in 1909.

II. Scientific progress
Scientific progress can be good or bad because in a cartoon we can look runners failing into syringe because they are doped. Doping is very dangerous for health and they take this for more performance. Athlete can become addicted for example Marco Pantani (a cycling climber).
But the scientific progress can be good for example for example vaccination allowed protecting themselves from some disease. Over time they have become stronger and more diversified.

II. Social progress
Over times, the mentality of people has changed. Before, black person were rejected by white person. Different groups were created to humiliate black personne for example a Klu Klux Klan. In the film, “Mississippi Burning” made in 1988 by Alan Parker. It’s three activists for civil rights blacks mysteriously disappear. These are two FBI agents who are assigned to the case. Very soon, the questions and methods of intimidation Alan Ward and Rupert Anderson bother, especially Klu Klux Klan. Today racism is moin important with a black president in USA, but still present for example March 12, Dani Alves, soccer player, a supporter of the opposing team throws a banana.

Conclusion:
To conclude, the man makes many advances in many fields such as medicine or technology. On the other side, there are not those good progresses, there are some that abyss health (drug), on the other that can remove life (weapons) but some progress improves life as the many advances in medicine (vaccination) and technology (television).

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 01-05-2014 01:42

Réponse: Oral /Idea of progress de kameon, postée le 01-05-2014 à 03:17:41 (S | E)
The notion of progress
Introduction
I’m going to talk about "Idea of progress". To begin with, I’d like to state a definition of progress. Progress is the idea that the world and the society can evolve in terms of sciences, technology, modernization, living condition, etc. However, the idea of progress is still a debate between those who consider that it’s beneficial and those for whom it’s harmful.
Now, I propose to look at a question: « Should we fear progress? »
To answer this question, we will consider successively technical, scientific and social progress.

1. Technical progress
First of all, I think progress is essential to evolve. History is made of progress and evolution that have allowed the world to be what it’s today. For example, in the article “The big money”, the narrator speaks about Henry Ford because hehas revolutionized the world with his first car “Model T” in 1909.

2. Scientific progress
Scientific progress can be good or bad because in a cartoon we can see runners falling into syringe because they are doped. Doping is very dangerous for health and they take this for more performance. Athlete can become addicted as is the case the cycling climber Marco Pantani.
But the scientific progress can be good.For example vaccination provided an efficient protection against several diseases. Over time, vaccines have become more efficient and more diversified.

3. Social progress
Over time, the mentality of people has changed. Several years ago, black persons were rejected by white persons. Different groups were created to humiliate black persons: the Klu Klux Klan is a prototype. In the film, “Mississippi Burning” made in 1988 by Alan Parker, three black activists for civil rights disappeared FBI led to the accusation of Klu Klux Klan. At the present time, racism is less prominent as it is stressed by the election of a black president of the USA.

Conclusion
In conclusion, the human kind has made very numerous advances in many fields such as medicine or technology. However, weapons and drugs remain the dark side of the progress. On the other hand, the human life has greatly made benefice of the advances in sciences and technology.

Réponse: Oral /Idea of progress de kibito, postée le 01-05-2014 à 11:33:04 (S | E)
The notion of progress
Intro :
I’m going to talk about the « Idea of progress ». To begin with, let us consider this definition of progress. Progress refers to the evolution of the world and the society at the scientific, technological, modern, and living condition level. The idea of progress is still discuss among those who consider it beneficial and those who believe it’s harmful.
From this discussion rises the following question: « Should we fear progress? »
To clearly answer this question, we will start by Technical progress, after scientific progress and finally social progress.

I. Technical progress
First of all, I think progress is essential to evolve. History is made of progress and evolution that have allowed the world to be what it’s today. For example, in the article “The big money”, the narrator speaks of Henry FORD because it has revolutionized the world with his first car “Model T” in 1909.

II. Scientific progress
Scientific progress can be good or bad because in a cartoon we can look runners failing into syringe because they are doped. Doping is very dangerous for health and they take this for more performance. Athlete can become addicted for example Marco Pantani (a cycling climber).
But the scientific progress can be good for example vaccination allowed protecting themselves from some disease. Over time they have become stronger and more diversified.

II. Social progress
Over times, the mentality of people has changed. Before, black person were rejected by white person. Different groups were created to humiliate black personne for example a Klu Klux Klan. In the film, “Mississippi Burning” made in 1988 by Alan Parker. It’s three activists for civil rights blacks mysteriously disappear. These are two FBI agents who are assigned to the case. Very soon, the questions and methods of intimidation Alan Ward and Rupert Anderson bother, especially Klu Klux Klan. Today racism is moin important with a black president in USA, but still present for example March 12, Dani Alves, soccer player, a supporter of the opposing team throws a banana (where?).

Conclusion:
To conclude, the wolrd made many advances in many fields such as medicine or technology. On the other side, there are not those good progresses, there are some that abyss health (drug), on the other that can remove life (weapons) but some progress improves life as the many advances in medicine (vaccination) and technology (television).
(too much repetition)

Réponse: Oral /Idea of progress de knicks, postée le 01-05-2014 à 15:00:01 (S | E)
Merci a vous

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux