Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Script Snowden 3/ fin

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Script Snowden 3/ fin
Message de brettdallen posté le 29-09-2014 à 21:13:18 (S | E | F)
Hello everyone,

I've been working on writing the script of an interview with E. Snowden for about a week and I've just finished it but there are passages that I'm not sure of, so if anyone could give me a hand with these I would deeply appreciate. These are highlighted, but if you're in a mood to read the whole script and see whether I have misunderstood anything, feel free to do so!
The video is entitled NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.
Lien internet

E.S.8:28) Sure. So there's, there's a couple of assertions in...in those arguments, er.. they are, they are sort of embedded in the.. in the questioning of the choice of Hong Kong. Er.. the first is that China is an enemy of the United States; it's not. I mean, there... there are conflicts between the United States government and the Chinese PRC government, but the...the peoples inherently, you know, we.. we don't care, we trade with each other freely, you know, we're not at war, we're not in armed conflict, we're not trying to be the world...the world's largest trading partners out there for each other. Er... additionally, Hong Kong has a strong tradition of free speech, er.. people think of China : Great Firewall. Mainland China does have significant restrictions on...on free speech but the Hong Kong...the people of Hong Kong have a long tradition of protesting in the streets, of making their views known, the Internet is not filtered here, er.. in the more so than any other Western governments, and  I believe that the er... Hong Kong government is actually independent er.. in relation to a lot of other leading Western governments.

G.G. : If your motive had been to harm (nuire à) the United States and help its enemies.. were your.motives/motivated have been personal material gain, what are the things you could have done with these documents to advance those goals that you didn't end up doing.

E.S.: Er.. absolutely, I mean, anybody in the positions of access with the technical capabilities that I had could, you know, suck out secrets, pass it on the open market to Russia, you know, they always have an open door, as we do. Er, I had access to, you know, about the four officers of everyone working with the N.S.A. , the entire intelligence community, and undercover assets all around the world, the locations of every station that we have, what their missions are, and so forth. Er.. if I had just wanted to harm the U.S., you know, that... you could shut down the surveillance system in an afternoon, er.. but that's not my intention and I think, for anyone, making that argument they need to think if they were in my position and, you know, you live a privileged life,you... you're living in Hawaii in paradise and you're making a ton of money, what would it take to make you leave everything behind? The..the greatest fear that I have regarding er.. the outcome er..for America of these disclosures is that nothing'll (=will) change. People will see in the media er..all these disclosures, they'll know the lengths that the government is going to grant themselves powers unilaterally er... to create greater control over American society, and global society. But they won't be willing to take the risk necessarily to stand up and fight to change things, to force their representatives to actually take a stand in their interests. And, er.. (the) months ahead, the years ahead, it's only going to get worse, until eventually there will be a time where er..policies will change, because the only thing that restricts the activities of the surveillance state are policy. Even our agreements with..with other sovereign governments, we consider that to be "Aha": a stipulation of policy rather than a stipulation of law. And because of that a new leader will be elected, they'll flip the switch, say that er.. because of the crisis, because of the dangers that we face in the world, you know, some..some new and unpredicted threat, we need more authority, we need more power and there will be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose it. It'll be turnkey (geôlière, de prison) tyranny.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 29-09-2014 22:26
Lien direct ajouté

-------------------
Modifié par webmaster le 12-10-2014 18:43

Réponse: Script Snowden 3/ fin de notrepere, postée le 30-09-2014 à 17:15:26 (S | E)
Hello, not a whole lot of corrections...

E.S.8:28) Sure. So there's, there's a couple of assertions in...in those arguments, er.. they are, they are sort of embedded in the.. in the questioning of the choice of Hong Kong. Er.. the first is that China is an enemy of the United States; it's not. I mean, there... there are conflicts between the United States government and the Chinese PRC government, but the...the peoples inherently, you know, we.. we don't care, we trade with each other freely, you know, we're not at war, we're not in armed conflict, we're not trying to be the world...we're the world's largest trading partners out there for each other. Er... additionally, Hong Kong has a strong tradition of free speech, er.. people think of China : Great Firewall. Mainland China does have significant restrictions on...on free speech but the Hong Kong...the people of Hong Kong have a long tradition of protesting in the streets, of making their views known, the Internet is not filtered here, er.. in the more so than any other Western governments, and I believe that the er... Hong Kong government is actually independent er.. in relation to a lot of other leading Western governments.

G.G. : If your motive had been to harm (nuire à) the United States and help its enemies or if your motive had been personal material gain, were there things you could have done with these documents to advance those goals that you didn't end up doing?

E.S.: Er.. absolutely, I mean, anybody in the positions of access with the technical capabilities that I had could, you know, suck out secrets, pass them ('em) on the open market to Russia, you know, they always have an open door, as we do. Er, I had access to, you know, the full rosters of everyone working with the N.S.A. , the entire intelligence community, and undercover assets all around the world, the locations of every station that we have, what their missions are, and so forth. Er.. if I had just wanted to harm the U.S., you know, that... you could shut down the surveillance system in an afternoon, er.. but that's not my intention and I think, for anyone, making that argument they need to think if they were in my position and, you know, you live a privileged life,you... you're living in Hawaii in paradise and you're making a ton of money, what would it take to make you leave everything behind? The..the greatest fear that I have regarding er.. the outcome er..for America of these disclosures is that nothing'll (=will) change. People will see in the media er..all these disclosures, they'll know the lengths that the government is going to grant themselves powers unilaterally er... to create greater control over American society, and global society. But they won't be willing to take the risks necessarily to stand up and fight to change things, to force their representatives to actually take a stand in their interests. And, er.. (the) months ahead, the years ahead, it's only going to get worse, until eventually there will be a time where er..policies will change, because the only thing that restricts the activities of the surveillance state are policy. Even our agreements with..with other sovereign governments, we consider that to be "Aha":(uh..) a stipulation of policy rather than a stipulation of law. And because of that a new leader will be elected, they'll flip the switch, say that er.. because of the crisis, because of the dangers that we face in the world, you know, some..some new and unpredicted threat, we need more authority, we need more power and there will be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose it. It'll be turnkey (geôlière, de prison) tyranny.

-------------------
Modifié par notrepere le 30-09-2014 17:15

Réponse: Script Snowden 3/ fin de brettdallen, postée le 30-09-2014 à 19:32:59 (S | E)
Hello Notrepere,

You did a wonderful job and seem to have perfectly understood what I was trying to do. The overall meaning, that's OK, I've got it, but I want all the words or it's no use ;). So let me thank you a lot for having done the job so perfectly. I hope you found that interview interesting as I do. This man is a hero for me and I'd like to get to know him a bit further. I'll certainly do some research again and will probably send other mails to pick up people/members' brains. The next whisleblower I'll be working on is Bradley Manning and I'm particularly interested in the fact that he's not become so famous as Snowden; Ellsberg's view on that is that the leaks are of different nature: operations overseas (the "enemies" ;) ) vs domestic mass surveillance (well, here, that's bad! ;) )

You've been most helpful, thank you so much!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux