Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Oral /myth and heroes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral /myth and heroes
Message de damien84 posté le 22-10-2014 à 17:03:30 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je dois envoyer mon oral à mon prof d'anglais pour la rentrée, c'est par rapport à l'oral d'anglais du Bac. Dites-moi ce que vous en pensez et s'il y a des fautes s'il vous plaît !! .
Merci pour votre aide.

I am going to talk about the notion of myth and heroes.
First of all i would like to give a quick definition of that notion. A hero is a person admired for his achievements, noble qualities and great courage. They can be fictional like Superman, Batman and others… A myths is a popular belief or story that has become associated with a person, institution, or occurrence, especially one considered to illustrate a cultural ideal.
In class We have to speak of the Americain dream, Oprah Winfrey and this song West Side Story- America. We may wonder To what extent is the American Dream a myth ?
My presentations will fall into 2 parts :
First of all, i will concentrate on The Modern heroes and the Americain dream, before finally focusing on the fact of the Americain dream is a myth.
On the one hand, I think to speak to the Americain dream , so I suppose that The most demonstrative to speak about this is to give modern examples such as current stars.
We have seen in class the Oprah winfrey's life. Oprah is a welknown TV host in America who also starred in the butler. The document that we have been considering deals with her influence in the America.Though she was born to simple means, she has managed to climb up the social ladder and she's become one of the most influencial people in America. Not only is the influential, she's also kind-hearted. Moreover Oprah Winfrey has millions of loyal fans to prouve that has a huge influence. She illustrates the myth of the Americain dream. In sofar as it she rose from rags to riches.
On the other hand I think to speak to the fact of the Americain dream is a myth, to talk about that, I reckon that the better explain this part is to speak of the one song of the American romantic musical drama film West Side Story. This song has been created in nineteen sixty -one by Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim.
In this performance, Sharks as against their wife of the Americain Dream. If the girls are rather enthusiastic and celebrate America of the consumption and the success, the boys are more reserved, they celebrate the nostalgia for their small distant island and the problems in integrating into a country where a too much marked accent closes them doors. This song is a criticism of the Americain dream, she shows us that the Americain dream doesn't apply to minorities. They say that :
-you can buy on credit provided you pay higher interest rates for instance  « buying on credit is so nice/One look at us and they charge twice »
-Moreover she won't have any dollars left.
-Everything is getting bigger. However, the housing situation for immigrants is getting worse.
-You can live on the sunny side only if you are right and you fight in America.
According to the song, the Americain dream is a fake and not everybody can succed through hard work.
The Americain dream as advertissed, doesn't apply to minorities beacause of skin color.
In other words, this song aims at debunking the myth of the Americain dream.
To conclude this part I believe that it is necessary to bind this music with the cartoon seen in class and that is entitled the american dream game that was inspired by snakes and ladders. When you play snakes and ladders everyone is on an equal footing. However in this version there are two separates paths, one for white people and one for black people and there are furthermore these are more squares on the black path. That's why their chances to attain their goal are weaker. All these squares mention events related to discrimination. Thus, eache events forces black people to lose turn. They are tryings to discourage them. In short this endless road recaps the centuries of discrimination. Unlike the black road, the white route is linears and shorter.
Like the song, this cartoon shows that the principle of the equal opportunities is debunked so the Americain dream.
In short Oparh Winfrey's life could serve as proof of the existence of the American dream with the fact that she has managed to climb up the social ladder and sh's also become one of the most influential people, that she was born in a poor family, that she is now rich.
However the music as well as the game showed us that the American dream does not exist, that it does not apply to minorities, and that you should not be a colored person.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 22-10-2014 20:57

Réponse: Oral /myth and heroes de here4u, postée le 22-10-2014 à 17:28:37 (S | E)
Hello !

As it's extremely long, I won't do it in one go ...

Je ne le remettrai pas tout le long, mais c'est une faute d'écrire 'I' en minuscule, en plus d'une mode et paresse intellectuelle!)

I am going to talk about the notion of myth and heroes.
First of all i would like to give a quick definition of that notion. A hero is a person admired for his achievements, noble qualities and great courage. They(the subject was 'a hero) can be fictional like Superman, Batman and others… A myths is a popular belief or story that has become associated with a person, institution, or occurrence, especially one considered to illustrate a cultural ideal.
In class We have to speak of the Americain dream, Oprah Winfrey and this song West Side Story- America. We may wonder To what extent is the American Dream a myth ?(Les majuscules ne se mettent pas n'importe où!)
My presentations will fall into 2 parts :
First of all, i will concentrate on The Modern heroes and the Americain dream, before finally focusing on the fact of the Americain dream is a myth.
On the one hand, I think to speak to the Americain dream , so I suppose that The most demonstrative XXX to speak about this is to give modern examples such as current stars.
We have seen in class the Oprah winfrey's life. Oprah is a welknown TV host in America who also starred in the butler. The document that we have been considering deals with her influence in the America.Though she was born to simple means, she has managed to climb up the social ladder and she's become one of the most influencial people in America. Not only is the influential, she's also kind-hearted. Moreover Oprah Winfrey has millions of loyal fans to pruove that xxx has a huge influence. She illustrates the myth of the Americain dream. In sofar as it she rose from rags to riches.

Bon courage

Réponse: Oral /myth and heroes de damien84, postée le 22-10-2014 à 17:44:47 (S | E)
Il y a plusieurs parties de votre correction que je ne comprends pas trop.. Mais merci quand meme

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux