Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/Spaces and exchanges

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Spaces and exchanges
Message de coucou23 posté le 24-04-2015 à 18:51:13 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à tous,
je passe mon Bac cette année et donc je me prépare pour l'oral de langues. Je vous poste ma préparation sur la notion : Espaces et échanges et je vous demande donc votre aide pour corriger mes erreurs mais également pour me donner des conseils pour améliorer mon écrit.
Merci d'avance !

I will talk about the notion Spaces and exchanges. This notion deals with numerous exchanges which exist between the various countries of the world. To illustrate this notion I am going to speak about multiculturalism in Great Britain, a phenomenon which is present for several decades. This phenomenon can be defined as a cultural and ethnic diversity where the immigrant population lives alongside the predominant native group, the British. And more exactly I would speak about immigrants.
To examine this phenomenon of multiculturalism I am going to study the following question : How did the phenomenon of multiculturalism in Great Britain evolve ?
To answer this question I shall first of all examine the fact that the immigrants who first arrived were rather badly accepted and in a second part I will present the various evolutions of mentalities through several examples.
Before beginning my development I think that it is important to note the various waves of immigrants that Great Britain experienced. The first immigrants landed in 1948, they travelled from Jamaica on the boat: "The Empire Windrush". After, other communities arrived and for the majority they came from Asia. It is a vestige of the British empire. To finish in the 90s the majority of immigrants came from Eastern European countries.

First, I am going to present the various aspects of the integration of immigrants which made multiculturalism a rather badly accepted phenomenon in the beginning.

First of all, I studied a text which is called: "The Empire Windrush" in which I saw that upon the arrival of immigrants the integration was rather difficult, indeed immigrants faced racism, discrimination. That involved a regrouping of immigrants in certain districts as for example the district Brick lane in London which includes a majority of Bangladeshis and Indians.
We can also take the example of the father of Jess in the film: "Bend it like Beckham” who explains that it was rejected by the British cricket players while he was one of better players.
Furthermore, Avinda who is a Kenyan who arrived with his son Sunny, explains in the document: "Multicultural Britain" that at their arrival the immigrants had difficulty to find a job but also a housing because of the world war. 
To finish, the article: "Black Britons" deals with the fact that due to discrimination immigrants didn't feel British, thus they grouped together by origin to feel safe.

So we have seen in this first part that multiculturalism at the beginning created large disparities in Great Britain since immigrants were excluded. However attitudes are changing today, immigrants are more accepted and multiculturalism becomes a cultural enrichment.

Second I will examine the various aspects of integration of immigrants who make of multiculturalism a phenomenon which evolved positively.

First of all, numerous initiatives are made to create some hope for future generations. For example in an audio document, I discovered a school: "Saint Mary School" in which twenty languages are spoken, this school is a symbol of multiculturalism. Furthermore, it is involved in a project:  « Open cities » in order to help immigrants by showing a way of hope through photos.
In addition, nowadays integration of immigrants is visible in British culture of Great Britain. Indeed in the text: " Fish and chips isn't English " Aktar says that the English culture plundered elements of foreign cultures to form its own culture, nevertheless for me we shouldn't speak about plundering but rather about cultural enrichment. Nowadays this enrichment is visible at the gastronomical level also at the level of customs, indeed currently we can find for example the Notting Hill Carnival.
To finish, I was able to see that the vision of multiculturalism in Great Britain evolved because now there is more equality and justice between immigrants and British. Let us take the example of Mo Farah, a shining example of multiculturalism. He was born in Somalia and yet he managed to acquire complete Britishness by his sporting achievements.

In conclusion I showed well that multiculturalism is a phenomenon which evolved because at the beginning immigrants were not accepted but now this is no longer the case and it is very positive because this mixture constitutes a real enrichment. Nevertheless we should not forget that the britishness is not a birthright but something to be gained.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-04-2015 19:06

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux