Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Oral/Idea of Progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/Idea of Progress
Message de ammeerl posté le 10-04-2017 à 18:47:19 (S | E | F)
Bonsoir,
je passe bientôt mon oral d'anglais comme beaucoup de personnes. J'ai choisi le thème du progrès et j'aimerais savoir si mon dossier est correct et également avoir une aide au niveau des fautes et tournure de phrases.
Merci d'avance!

I’m going to talk about the notion of progress. The notion of progress can be defined as an improvement of society, a development or a change. Progress is a technical, scientific or social advance which contributes to making the world a better place.
We may answer the question, what is the impact of scientific progress on human life ?
First, the evolution of scientific progress has advantages and inconveniences.
Then, society urges people to be identical to its standarts.
And finally, I will talk about genetics and the impact of genetics on human life and about the indirect impact on the relations hips between human beings.

Firstly, I studied the document “Design your Baby”. This article deal with PGD (Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis) and he is about the evolution of scientific progress. With the progress of medicine and the PGD, parents can create an ideal and a perfect baby with no diseases. They choose the baby appearance, his physical characteristic and the gender of the baby. For example, they can have a baby with blue eyes and freckles.
They want a perfect child and they are in search of perfection. The medical objectives are to predict certain genetic diseases and ensure the chosen embryo is healthy. This is a positive aspect of this evolution. The document show that now we can create the life in different way, in the past this is impossible but may become that soon.
I think PGD is a great progress because it allows to save people and cure diseases, but I think PGD has an impact on human life because it could be dangerous if people abuse his utility. The risk is to create perfect people everywhere and second class citizen.

PGD are an example of progress with advantages and inconveniences, this technique can have an impact on human life, like conformity of people, for example.

Then, society urges people to be identical to its standarts and want to create a perfect type of human. To illustrate this argument, I choose the cartoon “Clone’s R’us”. This cartoon is about research for perfection and uniformity and he represents a factory making human beings.
In this factory there are five men who are on a conveyor belt. I can made two categories of men because there are four identical men’s and one different. The four identical men’s have the same physical appearance; they are tall and muscular whereas the other man is small and skinny.
He is rejected because in this uniformity cartoon, people are like products in a factory and people who h don’t has the necessary characteristics determined by the society are rejected. The factory aims at creating the perfect man.
This cartoon deals with eugenics which is a science whose goal is to improve the human race. Because of that, in the long term, we might all look alike. The risk with this progress is that finally, everybody will look the same and the danger is to dehumanize the human race.
The author of the cartoon wants to denounce the obsession with the perfect physical appearance in our society. Everybody is different but not perfect, perfection doesn’t exist.

Scientific progress sometimes results is making people identical but there are many impacts on the human life and between us.

Finally, the genetic is a part of scientific progress and sometimes there are an impact on human life and indirectly on relations hips between human beings. Because of the DNA we can modify the human race. I will talk about the movie “Splice” who is a horror and science fiction film from 2009.
In this movie, a young scientific couple, Clive and Elsa, used human DNA coupled with other bodies to created new hybrids. They want to mix human DNA with animal DNA. With their secrets experiences, they created an extraordinary creature of the name of Dren who are a physical and intellectual development. But finally, Dren become a monster because of the genetic modifications and the creature attack the human. This is not what was to happened because he kill them.
In this movie, we can see that the genetic modification and the use of DNA can have an impact. At the beginning, the experience is a success and at the end this is a failure. The kind creature becomes a monster. The use of scientific progress is not always an advantage.

To conclude, scientific progress has an impact on human life because life evolves thanks to progress, sometimes in a positive way and other times in a negative way. But humans are any time locked into a system, a society, where everybody must be identical and make the same things so that everything goes well.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-04-2017 22:16

Réponse : Oral/Idea of Progress de here4u, postée le 10-04-2017 à 20:26:36 (S | E)
Hello !
Too long to be "corrected" in one go... I'll start!

I’m going to talk= bavarder ... On attend autre chose ! about the notion of progress. The notion of progress can be defined as an improvement of society, a development or a change. Progress is a technical, scientific or social advance which contributes to making the world a better place.
We may answer ask it, first!) the question, what is the impact of scientific progress on human life ?
First, the evolution of scientific progress has advantages and inconveniences.yes!
Then, society urges people to be identical to its standarts.
And finally, I will talk about genetics and the impact of genetics on human life and about the indirect impact on the relations hips(in one word) between human beings.

Firstly, I studied the document “Design your Baby”. This article deal with PGD (Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis) and he is about the evolution of scientific progress. With the progress of medicine and the PGD, parents can create an ideal and a perfect baby with no diseases. They choose the baby appearance= possession?) , his(a baby is neutral!) physical characteristicS and the gender of the baby. For example, they can have a baby with blue eyes and freckles.
They want a perfect child and they are in search of perfection.(Is this the only reason, the official reason for PGD?) The medical objectives are to predict certain genetic diseases (Yes! predict and prevent!)and ensure the chosen embryo is healthy. This is a positive aspect of this evolution. The document show that now we can create the life in different way,. IN in the past this is impossible but IT may become that soon.
I think PGD is a great progress because it allows= permission!enables = possibilité! to save people and cure diseases, but I think PGD has an impact on human life because it could be dangerous if people abuse his utility. The risk is to create perfect people everywhere and second class citizen.

PGD are an example of progress with advantages and inconveniences, this technique can have an impact on human life, like XXX conformity of people, for example.

Réponse : Oral/Idea of Progress de ammeerl, postée le 10-04-2017 à 21:23:20 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux